FORGIVABLE CORONAVIRUS EMERGENCY LOANS

At a recent Independent Book Publishers Association Committee meeting, I received the following information which I would like to share with you.

As an independent publisher, if you hire developmental editors, copy editors, illustrators, and/or publicists to work on your book(s), you qualify for the emergency loans described in the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act

The introduction of the Coronavirus Emergency Loans Small Business Guide Checklist states the following:

The Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act allocated $350 billion to help small businesses keep workers employed amid the pandemic and economic downturn. Known as the Paycheck Protection Program, the initiative provides 100% federally guaranteed loans to small businesses.

Importantly, these loans may be forgiven if borrowers maintain their payrolls during the crisis or restore their payrolls afterward.

The administration soon will release more details including the list of lenders offering loans under the program. In the meantime, the U.S. Chamber of Commerce has issued this guide to help small businesses and self-employed individuals prepare to file for a loan.

In other words, if you use the loan to pay your independent contractors, the loan becomes a grant.

If you don’t use the loan to pay your independent contractors, the loan will have to be repaid with interest.

No loan requests over $10 million will be considered.  

(I had a good laugh when I read this.)

There is more information in the link below to the Coronavirus Emergency Loans Small Business Guide Checklist, on the U.S. Chamber of Commerce website, which you can download as a pdf.

I wish you much success.

https://www.uschamber.com/report/covid-19-emergency-loans-small-business-guide

Sorry, this is in the wrong forum. It should be in Ways to Share.

• Thanks 1