Sign in to follow this  
Maurice

Gwendolyn Brooks

Tried to find some info on this poet but scoured the site and found nothing. Had to resort to Wikipedia. Her name has popped up a few times in a recent book I read. 

That is curious @Maurice, did you try our search engine?  That is the best please to start. Here is a link to our search engine and the results of a Gwendolyn Brook query

The search engine, linked above, is the last item on the menu of every page of the website, except this discussion forum that uses 3rd party software.  The search engine on the discussion forum only searches the discussion forum, while the search, linked above, searches the entire site, including the discussion forum.

Now I could customize the discussion forum software to search the whole site, but customizations make the discussion forum harder to maintain. Plus the discussion forum's search engine is presumably better at finding things here (blogs, forums, clubs, etc).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Troy said:

That is curious @Maurice, did you try our search engine?  That is the best please to start. Here is a link to our search engine and the results of a Gwendolyn Brook query

The search engine, linked above, is the last item on the menu of every page of the website, except this discussion forum that uses 3rd party software.  The search engine on the discussion forum only searches the discussion forum, while the search, linked above, searches the entire site, including the discussion forum.

Now I could customize the discussion forum software to search the whole site, but customizations make the discussion forum harder to maintain. Plus the discussion forum's search engine is presumably better at finding things here (blogs, forums, clubs, etc).

Hmmmm, all I got was Ade,the Flying Toothbrush :(

Seen a copy of the Essential Gwendolyn Brooks online so I'll go ahead and buy it after I've purchased two books that I'm after.