I'm Convinced: These Are All The Same Woman

Lol,  I'm convinced that all of these women are actually the SAME person.....or clones atleast.

image.jpeg.e6a907bc4dc0d4268b49749bb913ac5b.jpeg

Nicki Minaj

image.jpeg.150919337134343d8320e30ca94271ef.jpeg

Cardi B

Megan Thee Stallion Gives Update After Shooting on Instagram

Megan Thee Stallion

They all pretty much look the same and are being heavily promoted despite their actual musical talent.

Despite having African ancestry, notice how none of them look like the average or typical "Black" woman, but they all have that "mixed" half-n-half look.
But THEY....with their racially ambiguous and vulgar selves.....are being promoted as the preferred representation of "the Black woman".

This is what I was telling Nnamdi on another thread about how media ownership gives you the power to FORCE the public to accept and believe whatever you like by continually pushing the SAME narrative over and over again whether the people are actually interested in it or not.

This is largely why I don't keep up with mainstream rap today. I learned who Megan was on this forum (I'd heard her "music," but did not know her name).

Well @Pioneer1 why don't you share information about the Black female rap artist worth listening to. Who are the Black owned media platforms hyping?

I don't know of any.

I don't say that to "slight" female rappers of today.
I simply stopped keeping up with Hiphop after around the mid to late 90s, after the Biggie Tupac era.

Don't get me wrong, it wasn't perfect even then.
Although much of it was "gangsta" and immoral even back then it was still ENTERTAINING and I found the beats and many of the lyrics of Rapper interesting.  But sometime after around 1997 with Master P so many Rappers started making poor quality music with screwed up beats and MUMBLING their lyrics instead of FLOWING.
It seems that after Hiphop hit the South in a big way more rappers started rapping in that nasty ass Southern dialect.

Fat nigga (@fatniggahours) | Twitter

"Ay big dawwwg!
Hownchoo   come 
ovah HURR  'n seh
dat to my fess"

Translation: Hey big dog, why don't you come over here
and say that to my face!

.....I could barely understand what some of them niccaz were saying, lol.
Plus they stopped really dancing or dressing properly.
Unlike how DAPPER brothers used to dress when you and I were children, many of these rappers started wearing slopply cloths with long white t-shirts and baggy pants.

Much of it is just disgusting, so I lost interest in it.

• Pioneer1 changed the title to I'm Convinced: These Are All The Same Woman
1 hour ago, Pioneer1 said:

Much of it is just disgusting, so I lost interest in it.

Yeah, we aged out fam.

Still when we were younger the lyrics were cleaner (definitely more songs about love), the presentation is was classier, the musicianship was superior.  It was just better, objectively so (at east that is what I think).

The dirty stuff available back then, but it was kept away from children, because we knew it was in appropriate for them.  As a kid If you managed to get you hands on some Blow Fly or some other dirty rapper you listened to in hiding.  You did not drive down the street blasting it out you car windows.

Troy

I still remember dudes walking up and down my block with the boom-boxes (ghetto blasters) playing Kurtis Blow and Run DMC....lol.

Infact, I remember the late 70s when cats strutted around with the little transister radios snuggled up next to their ears spinning and dancing around and pointing their fingers in every direction...LOL.

Yeah the lyrics were cleaner but even the DIRTY ones were more coherent and made more sense.   You could atleast UNDERSTAND and relate to what was being said.
These younger rappers almost NEVER talk about actually making love, it's about about getting "head" but they come up with more weird ways to rap about it.....which is disturbing.

But the dress......
Man the dress was so much better, dapper, more refined.

EVERY Black man (and woman needless to say) under 40 had a long mirror in his crib that he would spend some time in to make sure he was "right" before stepping out of the door.

1 hour ago, Pioneer1 said:

EVERY Black man (and woman needless to say) under 40 had a long mirror in his crib that he would spend some time in to make sure he was "right" before stepping out of the door.

What is "right" has changed.  

The class distinctions in the way Black people dress, particularly the women, is quite pronounced today.  Has rap had an influence on the culture, or is rap reflective of the culture?  I think it is the later.

The problem is it is reflective of a small portion of our culture and white people are the ones profiting off exploiting this small portion of the culture. White folk and many Black people them embrace this as if it is somehow reflective of the whole (stereotype).  They do this at our expense and at no consequence to themselves.

We need Black owned media, but we need conscious Black media, because many of the Black media platforms we do have simply do what white media does -- because it is so very lucrative.

• Thanks 1

Troy

Has rap had an influence on the culture, or is rap reflective of the culture?  I think it is the later.

Lol, well I'm gonna have to go with the later AND the former because I've seen too many instances where the music they played on the radio and on television introduced things to people who hadn't heard of them before and got them to do them.

Most people in my neighborhood didn't know what "sizzurp" was until they heard about it on the radio and in videos and THEN they staretd drinking it.

In Detroit we didn't know what the Bloods or Crips was until the movie "Colors" came out and then  Gangsta Rap started being played on the radio and then all of a sudden cats started walking up and down the street with rags tied around their heads.

Art and life both tend to imitate eachother.

We need Black owned media, but we need conscious Black media, because many of the Black media platforms we do have simply do what white media does -- because it is so very lucrative.

Absolutely.

44 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

Art and life both tend to imitate eachother.

Maybe it just popularizes what was already out there.

I never heard of "sizzurp" until just now. I just looked it up. 

Yeah if some rapper starts rapping about how great sizzurp is while surrounded by sexy groupies, I guess it would influence impressionable young people to try it.

Troy

Sex sells.
That's one of the MAIN ways they get our people to engage in self-destructive activities that they would ordinarily reject.

Whatever they want young men to do, just show a video or movie of them doing it WITH tons of beautiful women hanging around them half naked and smiling looking like they're ready for sex.....and you'll get most of the men to go all in.

Socio-Political-Journal... : HATEFUL Hip-Hop: TOP U.S. R&B/Hip-Hop Songs  OBJECTIFY WOMEN 55 Times

"I'm just as confused as to why all these women are laying around me as you are!"

The question is, why would someone encourage people to drink Sizzurp (cough syrup mixed with liquor)  or another popular drink in Hiphop called Lean (Red Bull mixed with liquor)?

Those combinations damage the brain.

Troy 

Red Bull mixed with liquor is pretty common in bars

I know, and that is a dangerous combination!

Red Bull is a stimulant and alcohol is a depressant so using them together at the same time mixes up and confuses the nerve impluses and chemicals in the brain.

But they do it in bars in order to mask the effects of alcohol and get you to buy more liquor to get more of an effect.

You're drunk as hell, but don't feel drowsy and feel fine!

Red Bull tastes just like a chemical that comes straight out of a laboratory.
And so does those Monster drinks you see a lot of Caucasian youth guzzling down.

They put these "energy" drinks out specifically for Caucasians to give them more energy to work longer and harder.
And they are HIGHLY addictive.

Notice how in the past 10 years everywhere you see Caucasians doing a lot of physical work you see a lot of Red Bull and Monster drink cans sitting around.
It was designed for them.

2 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

Red Bull tastes just like a chemical that comes straight out of a laboratory.

Because it was, same goes for soda.

2 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

Notice how in the past 10 years everywhere you see Caucasians doing a lot of physical work you see a lot of Red Bull and Monster drink cans sitting around.

Yeah, but I think it is generational rather than racial.  Though I have to admit I see red bull in white bars more so than Black ones.

Troy

It took me a minute to figure out what you meant by "soda".

In the Midwest we call it "pop".

I think down in Florida like most of the South they call everything a "Coke".....lol.

Perhaps it's generational, but I've RARELY seen AfroAmericans of any age drinking Red Bull and I have YET to see an AfroAmerican drinking a Monster Drink.