Caribbean woman calls Black American macaroni nigga-roni.....is that offensive?

Guest Blackserver

I listened to about half the video and my answer is, "no." I would however have asked for clarification of what "niggeroni" means.

I've had macaroni and cheese in about four different establishments here in Tulsa Oklahoma and none of them not even one served in a soul food restaurant was any good. basically it was cooked macaroni in Velveeta cheese. my macaroni and cheese is much better. Maybe "niggeroni" is poorly made macaroni and cheese.

So far the macaroni and cheese on the east coast is much better than the niggeroni that they serve out here 😉

Well, he didn't say "niggeroni" he said "niggAroni"...that's a different right there.

Like I said before, the word "nigga" is different than "nigg*r" now.
One is a colloquial term, the other is a racial slur.

Personally I give Black people of ALL background a "nigga" pass, lol.
They can use it no matter where they come from even if they say it in anger.....because I know what's behind it.

Troy

I agree with you that the mac-n-cheese is better on the Eastcoast.
Probably because there are more Italians here than down South or out West so there are more varieties of cheeses and pastas.

But in Detroit in a lot of soul food joints they BAKE the mac-n-cheese after fixing it and add an extra layer of cheese of a different type on top.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Kleervisn

You laughed! You allowed her to insult ADOS/FBA.  No doubt she meant to insult us and our food regardless of its taste. I mean no harm but there needs to be a distinction established between fed up ADOS/FBA and what's behind curtain number 2 ADOS/FBA. Come on over to the fed up side.  It's clearly bothering you now and I believe it bothered you initially. 

I have watched enough "us vs them" videos made by non American black people, read enough comments and worked alongside of enough of them to know that they have a dislike for us that is unshakeable and I was lead to the reasons why. It will really, really surprise you. And I have never met one who has not tried throwing shade at black Americans.

They make and eat mac/cheese too. Frankly, their version looks dry and compacted. They call it macaroni pie. Vacationing in St. Marteen in the Caribbean Islands, I ate at a Lolo ( a bbq spot). The mac/cheese was really bland.... She would have been shut down immediately with mac facts if i was there.

Come to the realization that a lot of them ( not all) will be insulting ADOS/FBA in conversations; usually shady like. Stop them in their tracks.