Facebook Rejects a Children's Book, Poetry Book, and a Little Old Lady (all Black)

Facebook recently banned a little old lady and that reminded me of the regular emails I get from Facebook rejecting innocuous books that I've place on their site.  Below are a few examples.

This is not to say Facebook should not ban things, but it seems to me when it comes to Black things (people and books in this case) that their algorithm is pretty aggressive against us.  

Algorithms created by young white boys are inherently racist.  I've mention many times how Google's algorithm coupled with their monopoly on search has distorted our images, killed Black websites, and severely hampered this one for several years.

This will only get worse, because can not stop using the sites, whose algorithms constantly screw us.

facebook reject.jpg

1reject.jpg

2reject.jpg

I ignore all of these warnings...

3reject.jpg

• Troy changed the title to Facebook Rejects a Children's Book, Poetry Book, and a Little Old Lady (all Black)

Facebook is a private entity, just like Twitter, Youtube, Discord, and other platforms.
They legally have the right to ban who they want for whatever reason they want or no reason at all.

The sooner our people understand and accept this the sooner they will work together to build their own larger social media platforms on the internet or better yet build their own INTERNET instead of expecting Caucasians to give them justice.

An intelligent young brother I had a measure of respect for (and still do to a certain extent) recently exhibited some behavior I thought was a little "beneath" him.
Apparently Instagram banned him for 2 weeks and so he took to Youtube and cussed Instagram out.

I hadn't really heard him cuss before or show a lot of emotion.  He was rather stoic and logical in his demeanor which made him stand out as a young Black man and I found it rather impressive.  So THAT behavior of cussing and throwing a mild tantrum over being suspended for 2 weeks on a platform he should have KNOW would do that to him....kind of made me look at him in another light.

4 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

So THAT behavior of cussing and throwing a mild tantrum over being suspended for 2 weeks on a platform he should have KNOW would do that to him....

I agree with your assessment, but you have to understand that frequent users of social media are changed. The platforms hack into your brain and control your behavior -- that is how they were designed.  So while it might seem unreasonable to you or I that this guy would throw a hissy fit over being booted from Instagram for two weeks, to him it is 9obvious a very big deal.

Being forced to take a two week breather from Instagram is a blessing... maybe going cold turkey for a couple of weeks will give him some time to get some perspective.

Troy

I also forgot that a lot of people make their money through social media.   
A lot of people make thousands and even MILLIONS from sponsors and donations and selling products off of social media so what may be a minor inconvenience for some may be costing others a lot of money.

Please quantify, "A lot."

There are many who strive to make millions, but very few who do. I don't have firm numbers, but I'm certain it is far fewer than you probably think.

But you make a good point @Pioneer1; If he was put in "Instagram jail" he may have lost some sponsorship revenue (though it is hard to imagine a business that would sponsor him) How much money to you think he may have lost?   Does that now excuse his reaction?

Troy

Please quantify, "A lot."

More than you were getting working your 9-5...LOL.

This particular brother didn't have a HUGE following like Tariq Nasheed or Joe Rogan, but he did have (and still does) a nice sized audience and I'm sure the donations were welcomed.

Does that now excuse his reaction?

It helps EXPLAIN his reaction, but it doesn't necessarily "excuse" it in my opinion.  Not that what he did NEEDS to be excused by me. 
Certainly he has the right to cuss and throw a temper tantrum at perceived injustice.  Who am I to tell him he shouldn't?  However having known the brother for some time and having considered him intelligent, quite reserved, and somewhat religious (kind of Black Hebrewish)  I wasn't expecting that reaction from him.

I've been on this site for years and even when I disagree with people you know there are certain behaviors I haven't engaged in.
Now imagine if me and a female poster got into a disagreement over a topic and I resorted to calling her a bitch and telling her to suck my you know what and we engage in a brief back-n-forth before ending the conversation.  You'd probably be unpleasantly surprised if not a little shocked at my "out of character" behavior.

I would expect that behavior from some people but given that brother's intelligence, religiousness, and otherwise reserved demeanor I was a bit shocked at what I considered to be an immature reaction from him.