Important Update for AALBC Book Customers - Please Read - 6/4/2020

Book Order Processing Will be Delayed

AALBC, like many other independent booksellers are in the midst of an unprecedented level of book sales. As a result, processing your order will take a bit longer. I’ve already contacted many of you, and you have been universally understanding. Unfortunately, individual emails are no longer practical, hence this mass email.

The global pandemic has already made the book procurement process slower; delivery services, distributors, printers, publishers, and bookstores have shut down or reduced staff and hours. The recent surge in orders has slowed things even more. Of course the pandemic has made it more difficult to scale to meet increased demand for books.

First, your orders will be processed. When your order has been changed from "Awaiting Fulfillment" to "Awaiting Shipment," that means we are in the process of securing and mailing the books you've ordered. Changes to orders at this point are difficult to make.

We normally provide tracking numbers as soon as orders ship, but given our resources we are temporarily suspending the provisioning of tracking numbers, until we can catch up on orders.

However, if you request tracking information on your order we will provide it, but please wait at least two weeks, after your order has entered the Awaiting Shipment phase before emailing us a request for status. Be sure to include your order number in any correspondence. The email to use is troy@aalbc.com. Most orders of books, in stock will be received in this two week window.

These Popular Titles Will Ship no Earlier than the Date Shown

How to Be an Antiracist (Available June 10)
The Fire Next Time (Available June 17)
The New Jim Crow: Mass Incarceration in the Age of Colorblindness (On order, delivery date undetermined)
So You Want to Talk About Race (On order, delivery date undetermined)
Between The World And Me (Available June 16)
My Vanishing Country (On order, delivery date undetermined, attempting to source copies directly from publisher)
Stamped from the Beginning: The Definitive History of Racist Ideas in America (Available June 19)
Whose Knees Are These? (Available July 3)
A is for Activist (Available June 16)
Sister Outsider: Essays And Speeches (Available June 16)
Antiracist Baby (Publishes June 16)
Chocolate Me! (On order, delivery date undetermined)
The Source of Self-Regard: Selected Essays, Speeches, and Meditations (Available June 16 limited)
Hood Feminism: Notes from the Women That a Movement Forgot (Available June 16)

Book availability is subject to change constantly. Of course preorders will ship on their publication date.

Currently, our process is to ship books as they come in. We do not hold books until the entire order is ready. In some rare instances these means the higher shipping costs due to multiple shipments may require an order to be refunded.

If it becomes clear that a title will not become available for more than 30 days. I will ask if you would like a refund. You are of course entitled to a refund at anytime. However, after a book has shipped a refund will require the book to be mailed back to us.

You’ve Been Added to AALBC's Mailing List

I took the liberty of adding you to our mailing list. We never share subscriber information with anyone. I normally send between 2 and 4 emails a month (usually 2 and rarely 4). If you do not want to receive emails from AALBC, simply click this unsubscribe link. You will be added to our suppression list and will no longer receive our emails.

Troy-transparent-background

Dear Reader,

I know this increase sales is in reaction to a desire for people to understand more, and do something about, the racial strife we are experiencing in our country. More important is your understanding the importance of making your purchases from independent booksellers. This consciousness is awe inspiring!

This also tells me, despite the negative news, which dominates the media’s attention, the real story is that Americans are willing to take action to ensure that no group of people are systematically abused. We are all striving to make America great, and I think we will.

Peace and Love,
Troy Johnson
Founder & Webmaster, AALBC.com

Consider sponsoring our eNewsletter or a dedicated mailing.
★ AALBC.com – June 4, 2020