The Most Acclaimed Books of 2020, New Books, and More - 12/15/2020

MP31080 ThinkBlack AALBC-Banner-v2

A thought-provoking and heartbreaking memoir, Think Black illuminates the fast pace of technology and the slow pace of race relations. Award-winning writer, Clyde Ford, tells the story of his father, John Stanley Ford, the first black software engineer at IBM, revealing how racism insidiously affected his father’s view of himself and their relationship. Buy Now ▶

alongwaycoming

Long Time Coming: Reckoning with Race in America by Michael Eric Dyson (Autographed)

A first edition hand signed book by Michael Eric Dyson is a collector’s item.

Long Time Coming grapples with the cultural and social forces that have shaped our nation in the brutal crucible of race. In five beautifully argued chapters—each addressed to a black martyr from Breonna Taylor to Rev. Clementa Pinckney—Dyson traces the genealogy of anti-blackness from the slave ship to the street corner where George Floyd life was taken—and where America gained its will to confront the ugly truth of systemic racism. Ending with a poignant plea for hope, Dyson’s exciting new book points the way to social redemption. Buy Now ▶

my-baby-loves-valentines

My Baby Loves Valentine’s Dayby Jabari Asim, Illustrated by Tara Nicole Whitaker

The My Baby Loves Valentine’s Day board book, celebrates all the lovely things that Baby discovers about Valentines Day:

Baby loves hearts made of paper and lace.
Baby loves kisses and a loving embrace.
Baby loves pretty red roses…

Celebrate all the lovely things Baby discovers about Valentine’s Day!

This Own Voices board book, the perfect gift for a new baby, Buy Now ▶

2020books

The books included on this list were published, or republished, in 2020 and you were the critics. All the titles on this list distinguished themselves in multiple ways; they won awards; were selected for inclusion on major book club reading lists; or made AALBC’s bestsellers list.

Our annual lists continues to grow, as books continue to accumulate additional acclaim. Our 2019 list recognizes 119 books, and our list go back over 70 years.

Troy-transparent-background

Dear Reader,

Anyone who knows me, knows AALBC.com is a labor of love. Whether it is a relationship, or vocation, when love is retuned there is nothing better. Thank you Reader for the love and support — AALBC can not grow without it.

As always, you are why I’ve been able to provide this platform to celebrate Black culture through books. Your paid subscription helps support this effort.

Peace and Love,
Troy Johnson
Founder & Webmaster, AALBC.com

This Newsletter is Sponsored by Amistad

Consider sponsoring our eNewsletter or a dedicated mailing.
★ AALBC.com eNewsletter – December 15, 2020 - Issue #310