President Obama just recently returned to Chicago to attend the 50th birthday party that doubled as a fund raiser. 3 million dollars was the take and it will go toward a re-election campaign with the goal of giving him another 4 years to extricate himself from the failure that came with the territory he inherited. In other words he's becoming preoccupied with winning another 4 years to chase his tail.

The claim is constantly being made that racism is what is thwarting Obama's effectiveness as President. I most certainly agree. Which is why he shouldn't run for a second term. It'll just be more of the same. If he truly cares about change, he should take on a different role and try new approaches. Forget all of the empty rhetoric and cliches about the abstract concept of "hope". Spread radical messages like telling poor people there's a correlation between being on welfare and them having more children than they can afford. Tell parents they are the best teachers in the world so by educating themselves they can take up the slack of bad schools. Emphasize how materialism can be as detrimental as racism. Remind black men and women that respect is at the core of a good relationship. (Think up new cliches to replace the old ones.)

Unfortunately, Obama appears to be seduced by the semblance of power he thinks he possesses and is reluctant to confirm the obvious; that the noble experiment of a black president has failed because Corporate America, within the context of capitalism, will never cater to anything but the selfish interests of the rich white men who are in cahoots with the Republican party and its tea party faction.

Hey Cynique,

I mostly agree but would edit the your stament as follows:

"...that the noble experiment of a black president has failed because Corporate America, within the context of capitalism, will never cater to anything but the selfish interests of the rich white men who are in cahoots with the Republican party and its tea party faction the democratic and republican parties"

It does not matter who the president is -- we will just find a different reason for blaming that person for the country's woes, while the real enenies are the rich and powerful. Obama is not willing to risk his position or get people mad at him by making real change and improve this country for anyone else other the wealth and powerful -- this is his (any president's) true consitiuency.

I predicted years ago than Obama would not win a second term. I still believe that.