rebooted websites and black users

Orkut is being rebooted it seems. 

what are your thoughts? I admit, if I had money I will try to help aalbc. Money matters in website development. But beyond that... Black e-profiles or e-users... do we use these reboots wisely, what are your thoughts as e citizens? 

I am not advocating anyone join orkut, but I offer the link as it inspired me to write this post. 

orkut link

I have no though on the matter as I was unaware of, or have completely forgotten about. the initial effort. Is Orkut Black owned?

Actually I liked the opening sentiments and have signed up for the updates.

The problem, unfortunately, is that in order to do all the good things promised in their opening salvo will require Orkut to do things that the other corporate site do... that is unless they charge people to use the service.... and you know people think everything online should be free.

AALBC secured some modest funding and will be working to improve the site over the next few months.  I'm also looking into alternative ways to support the site without the use of Google ads which have become increasing intrusive over the years.

@Troy

no orkut isn't black owned but I will like to see if a set of aalbc users can work together and develop a community in one of these sites to direct traffic to aalbc . 

Cool, I know people in brasil, which is where orkut was most popular, and they told me about this. 

Yes, I know you are working well as owner/administrator. Proud of your work. If Black people can't do well collectively online then offline well..