by Cornel West
- A Top 10 Book in the “Nonfiction Books from the 20th Century” Category
- 4 Time AALBC.com Bestselling Book!
- A QBR 100 Essential Black Book
Publication Date: Mar 29, 1994
List Price: $14.95 (store prices may vary)
Page Count: 159
Publisher: Penguin Random House
Parent Company: Bertelsmann and Pearson PLC
With a new introduction, the groundbreaking classic Race Matters affirms its position as the bestselling, most influential, and most original articulation of the urgent issues in America?s ongoing racial debate.
Cornel West is at the forefront of thinking about race. In Race Matters he addresses a range of issues, from the crisis in black leadership and the myths surrounding black sexuality to affirmative action, the new black conservatism, and the strained relations between Jews and African Americans. He never hesitates to confront the prejudices of all his readers?or wavers in his insistence that they share a common destiny. Bold in its thought and written with a redemptive passion grounded in the tradition of the African-American church, Race Matters is a book that is at once challenging and deeply healing.
- Political Science / General
- Social Science / Ethnic Studies / African American Studies
- Social Science / Minority Studies
Tell us what do you think about Race Matters.