Hip-Hop: A Cultural Odyssey
by Jordan Sommers
Publication Date: Feb 08, 2011
List Price: $200.00 (store prices may vary)
Page Count: 420
Imprint: Aria Multimedia Entertainment
Publisher: Aria Multimedia Entertainment
Parent Company: Aria Multimedia Entertainment
Read Aria Multimedia Entertainment’s description of Hip-Hop: A Cultural Odyssey
Book Reviewed by Troy Johnson
Hip-Hop Culture's first OFFICIAL luxury, large format coffee table book will inspire, entertain and educate all generations of readers with its comprehensive exploration of the roots, birth, evolution and global impact of Hip-Hop Culture over the last four decades. Composed of exclusive first-person testimonials from the B-Boys and B-Girls who live and breathe Hip-Hop, 30 original essays and 40 original, individual profiles of influential "game changers" written by Hip-Hop's top journalists and authors, one-of-a-kind Polaroid portraits captured by celebrated photographer Jonathan Mannion and hundreds of powerful images compiled by key eyewitnesses to the Culture.
The Official Coffee Table Book on Hip-Hop Culture. 420 pages. 70 original essays. 337 poster-size photos, & much, much, much more!
ONE CULTURE CHANGED THE WORLD. ONE BOOK TELLS THE STORY. Hip-Hop Culture's 1st official luxury, large format book will inspire, entertain and educate all generations of readers with its comprehensive exploration of the birth, evolution of Hip-Hop
ARIA Multimedia Entertainment is a luxury book publisher whose mission is to produce legacy publications on globally iconic brands featuring heralded writers and spectacular images. Each book is printed exclusively in the USA to ensure premium quality and execution of the striking design.
Jordan Sommers also edited The Leather Bound, Official Michael Jackson Opus
- 70 original essays written by Hip-Hop’s top journalists and authors covering 30 different aspects of the Culture and profiling 40 Icons who changed the game.
- Over 150 first-person testimonials from your favorite MC’s, DJ’s, B-Boys, Graf Artists, Producers and more!
- One-of-a-kind Polaroid portraits captured by celebrated photographer Jonathan Mannion.
- Hundreds of powerful images compiled by key eyewitnesses to the Culture
- Essential Lists of 100 Hottest Singles and Albums from each of Hip-Hop’s four decades
- A Four-Page 4’ x 18” gatefold showcasing an original illustration celebrating the Four Elements by Mike Thompson.