Republicans' display of immaturity, stupidity and ignorance

There must be a whole bunch of giggling taking place around the world. 

Even though House Speaker Kevin McCarthy promised that his caucus members would avoid playing childish games during President Joe Biden's State of the Union Speech - they did anyway.

MAGA Republicans showed the world just how stupid, immature and psychotic they actually are. Why? Because they knew they could get away with it and they knew their antics would play really well back home. 

So, to all the Black people who voted for Trump and still lean to the Right because you think solely of your income and how much better you are than those who are poor - this is what you want to be associated with? Ignorance? You're still thrilled with the MAGA crowd? Your egos still allow you to look down upon those who earn low wages and are struggling?

Or do you think like that that clown Nels who was constantly lambasting most Black people as uneducated, criminally minded and basically useless in his bid for the title of House Negro of the new millennium?

At least one Republican, Utah Senator Mitt Romney, upheld some dignity for the occasion, seeing serial liar and fraudster George Santos in the center aisle. Romney berated Santos: "You don't belong here," his words audible enough to be heard by those close to them.

The GOP had their moments of acting like schoolchildren during the POTUS State of the Union address.  No insult to real kids.

It never ceases to amaze me how the GOP can recruit n8gglets like this fella:

image.jpeg.943225754dfb6bb9da3d2c218a3035e8.jpeg

Rep. Byron Donalds (FL) has chosen to drink the GOP Kool-Aid.  He tows the party line and regurgitates its talking points. 

Rep. Donalds represents the 19th district of Florida.  Of course, that is same state being governed by one Ron  DeStupid. 

I understand how AfroAmericans get indoctrinated into these political ideologies on either side.  The lure of money and notoriety does strange things to people.

My issue with AfroAmerican politicians is their 1) lack of vision and originality in thoughts and actions and 2) inability to make their position work for fellow AfroAmericans. 

Then again, I was spoiled by growing up in a chocolate city with an AfroAmerican mayor who improved several hundred thousand lives through his programs and initiatives.

Rest assured, that Asian-Americans and Pacific Islanders in Congress are pushing legislation to make life better for their own people.  I never hear them parroting conservative or liberal talking points that do not benefit their group of people. 

Most AfroAmerican politicians are a shining example of the lack of code among our people.  😎

• Like 1

The Afro American Mayor you are talking about is not the late Marion Barry was it?

Guy ended up a national Black embarrassment. Even after he was caught and videotaped smoking crack, the Black residents of D.C. re-elected him. 

Asians overwhelmingly voted for Obama. So did Latinos. But we've been losing their support because of nasty propaganda from the Dark Side. 

2 hours ago, Stefan said:

The Afro American Mayor you are talking about is not the late Marion Barry was it?

Guy ended up a national Black embarrassment. Even after he was caught and videotaped smoking crack, the Black residents of D.C. re-elected him. 

That's right.  Despite his flaws as a man,  Mayor Barry led the city of Washington DC for several decades. 

As I mentioned, hundreds of thousands of Black lives were enriched under Mayor Barry's leadership.

POTUS Barack Obama came along with a squeaky clean and wholesome image.  In his book, he admitted to smoking weed as a teenager.  Otherwise, no dirt whatsoever on the man. Thoroughly impressive character and credentials.

Yet, most Black folks cannot list three (3) things POTUS Obama did as the leader of the most powerful nation on the planet to make their lives better.

It is not my intent to exalt Mayor Barry or disparage POTUS Obama.  I'm very proud of them both as accomplished Black men

IMO, the measure of a man is not his shortcomings but his words, deeds, actions and record of accomplishments in making the world a better place for others.😎

I do recall Marion Barry smoking crack and snarling "the biatch set me up!" That is what many people are going to remember him for. 

That incident turned Barry into a national punchline when Jay Leno chided him for daring to run for re-election. Leno said he even had a campaign slogan for Barry: "Give me another crack at it!"

Smoking weed and smoking crack are not the same. Today, one can say they smoked marijuana when young or when in college. Knowledge that you smoked crack will deliver frowns and derision. For years. Barry was known to drink heavily and use drugs. His chasing of women was not a scandal since he thought it was part of his job. 

If remaining in office despite powerful individuals wanting him out is deemed a success, then call the man a success. He was a politician and knew how to play the White man was against him game. I never needed a Mayor to uplift me. That was my job.

Barry had a good run. But he will never be a hero to me. Barack Obama is still beloved around the world. That is the difference.

One writer's view of Marion Barry

9 hours ago, Stefan said:

Smoking weed and smoking crack are not the same. Today, one can say they smoked marijuana when young or when in college. Knowledge that you smoked crack will deliver frowns and derision.

Barry had a good run. But he will never be a hero to me. Barack Obama is still beloved around the world. That is the difference.

Some folks will have derision for and frown upon any type of drug use.  

Smoking weed and crack and snorting coke and shooting dope is the same thing...using drugs.🤣

Mayor Marion Barry had an MS in Organic Chemistry.  He started on a Doctorate before turning his attention to activism.  IOW, Mayor Barry was a highly intelligent man.

Mayor Barry's intellect, activism, personality, charm and charisma allowed him to run a predominantly AfroAmerican city.  He lifted the proverbial boats of many people.  That's why he's a beloved hero to many folks who grew up in Washington DC.

A city building bears Mayor Barry's name.  Renaming a major thoroughfare after him is under consideration.  Washington DC celebrates March 6th as Marion Barry Day.

Barack Obama is beloved around the world mainly because he was the 1st Black POTUS

While POTUS Obama accomplished quite a bit on the job, most AfroAmericans will only remember him for being the 1st Black POTUS and the Affordable Care Act aka ObamaCare.😎