An Afro German Boy-Survivor of Nazi Germany

An Afro German Boy-Survivor of Nazi Germany

This showed up on my channel. And I never heard of this kind of history in such detail. Wow! This video speaks about a minority of Afro- Germans living in Germany before the Nazi movement and of course, they ended up getting sidelined and becoming victims of this movement. They lived in Rhineland and were victims along with the Romany (Gypsy) people too. Some of these AfroGermans were offspring of Black Frenchmen in the military and White German mothers who became a part of the society before the movement. The mothers were soon oppressed and encouraged to divorce their husbands. This one young boy was the son of a Black American man and a German mother but the great thing about him is that he survived! He lived to be an old man, marry and have offspring.

An Afro German Boy named Gert Schramm in Nazi Germany

• Thanks 1

Throughout history, the byproduct of military conflicts and occupations has been mixed bred people.

While many of those folks have been treated poorly in their home country, some are allowed to live a normal and productive life especially if they can pass in one way or another.😎

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ProfD said:

While many of those folls have been treated poorly in their home country, some are allowed to live a normal and productive life especially if they can pass in one way or another.😎

You have a point! @ProfD Unfornately for the situation that came about in Germany, it did not come out so good.

I remember my own older cousin when he came home from war, but I don't remember which war, and how many Black men like him married women in the far east and brought them back to America. Out of most of those marriages, I found the Philipino women to be very gracious and compatible to our culture. 

But the Black men, as you pointed out, were treated so bad here in America and when they came back, they were still treated bad and did not have much to offer their foreign wives. My cousin became a school bus driver for a while, but that did not pan out very well either. My aunt said that the older men taught him how to driink when he was 12 years old, hanging around the country store and he had problems ever since then. 

On 3/27/2023 at 7:24 PM, ProfD said:

Throughout history, the byproduct of military conflicts and occupations has been mixed bred people.

While many of those folks have been treated poorly in their home country, some are allowed to live a normal and productive life especially if they can pass in one way or another.😎

Mixed race people have also been used by the dominating race/class to help them maintain control over the oppressed race/class.

Just like Mulatto people were used by the Whites to help them oppress the Black masses, Meztizo people were used by Whites to help them oppress the Indigenous peoples of the Americas.

• Like 1

On 3/28/2023 at 3:15 PM, ProfD said:

I'm willing to bet the American-Asian children born to black fathers had it better than the Black Asians left behind after the war. 

Considering her identity claims, VP Kamala Harris isn't doing too badly for herself. 🤣😎

Your point of view is SPOT ON! @ProfD