Black Couples & Conflict Resolution

Black Couples & Conflict Resolution

I think that some of these skits on social media can be more helpful then spending a lot of money going to a therapist sometimes. Due to technology and this type of media explosion, some of these skits published by talented Black people seems to me to be common issues that many of us have had to deal with in our cultures. This first skit reminds me of my own relationship with my boyfriend many years ago, and of whom is now my husband. He threw every trick in the book to try and not commit and this skit just cracks me up and reminds me of this time. I refused to move in to his apartment. I gathered up my things and left... Uhh, then he decided to commit. 

The second #Short clip was just funny and so I thought it would be cool to share. 

I DON'T WANT A RELATIONSHIP

How to END an Argument Respectfully 

Edited by Chevdove
spelling
  • Haha 1

• 3 months later...

ANOTHER COUPLE SHARE 

This couple's title is called MESSING WITH THE MARTINS

I thought these two short sketches were hilarious. It could be a good 'couple therapy' session to watch. 

For anyone who has been married and/or remembers the early years of their marriage, these sketches might remind you of 

similar conflicts. I know it did for me. I absolutely remember a few times when I was preparing to step out with 

some of my girlfriends and my sorors in the early days, right after I had my first baby, and was completely SHOCKED when my husband confronted me! He was like, not happy at all! I was like, YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING ME! And then he had the nerve to flip the script ... 

This first sketch, I am going to give a spoiler because I showed it to my husband a couple of times before he realized that the actual DUDE was his wife!

She worked it out! 🤣