Actiona Jackson

My Reply

wait, I listened to the video, she got into a shoot out with four others? Officer preston is a fool, why did she engage? just because your a law enforcer doesn't mean your john wick, cover, hide, call for backup. she got in a gunfight with them:) black cops , amazing. She ain't action jackson. 

The post

I'm not sure of the full circumstances of the encounter but perhaps she had no choice.

I didn't research the story.
Was she on duty at the time?
Was she in uniform or plain clothes?

Cop or not, I'm inclined to take the side of this sista over a group of teenagers who probably shouldn't have been armed in the first place. 

You can almost always find me on the side of the RIGHTEOUS Black men and women instead of the thugs, criminals, and gangsters.

@Pioneer1 

call for backup is always an option for a lone law enforcer, always, whether on duty or plain clothes. You disagree? 

For the record, I want it known I am not on either side of this event. My point, if the description is true that one person approached four, is that the law enforcer acted stupidly. That isn't an insult, that is the truth. 

richardmurray

My comment wasn't meant to be an OPPOSITION to yours.
I agree that is she had the opportunity, she should have called for back up and probably not even engage with that many if it weren't absolutely necessary.....again....I didn't follow the story.

Simply establishing my default position when it comes to matters involving conflicts between Black professionals vs Black criminals.

@Pioneer1 

Below, after the bold text,  are more details from law enforcement that I don't trust. But you shall based on your stated views. I asked again because it seemed to me you were suggesting PReston shouldn't be called stupid for being stupid because you praise her position as a law enforcer. Supporting legal laborers against illegal laborers doesn't mean legal laborers can't be labeled dumb. But absent any other source,  the scenario is the following.

Preston ended her shift at work, but chose to go home wearing her uniform, which got her killed while was stupid on her part. While walking home a bunch of car thieves, who are trying to feed themselves and their families instead of being homeless or starving, interacted side Preston in uniform and acted accordingly. They fired at her and killed her, took her gun and tried to dispose of the gun and the car. The gun hasn't been found but the car and the car thieves were by law enforcement. And the only reason that was is because Preston wore a The only question I have , which relates to my original point is who saw who first.  If what was said is true, the thieves saw the law enforcer first which is good cause that is why you have a four person team, a lookout is needed. Probably the 16 year old. So for me, if the thieves saw preston first they successfully snuck her, which they had to do, and killed her. but, she should had not been wearing her uniform. If Preston saw the thieves first, meaning saw them stealing, not four black teenagers standing around which is not a crime.

I learned that she is a club woman, which is a black organization in the usa I blame for many problems in the black community. That partially explains Preston. Black women have always thought of themselves better than they are. 

https://www.facebook.com/NACWCISU/posts/pfbid031iYERRe6tQ1XFGTwehViW5PHhpcw9THXYPmLMCnffvMBRoGVTUFThBRA4iFXdkvvl

here are the description of events from law enforcement

Police Release New Details on What Happened the Night Officer Aréanah Preston Was Killed
Story by NBC 5 Staff • Wednesday

Police released new details Wednesday in the shooting death of Chicago Officer Aréanah Preston, who was shot and killed near her Avalon Park home while returning from work over the weekend.

While detailing for the first time what authorities allege happened the night Preston, 24, was killed, police also announced four teens have been charged in connection with the incident.

According to police, the shooting started as what is believed to have been a robbery attempt.

"These individuals ... in the overnight hours of Friday into Saturday morning ...are connected to multiple robberies and a motor vehicle theft earlier that morning," said Interim Chicago Police Supt. Eric Carter.

Preston, who was still in uniform following her shift, was returning home just after 1 a.m. in the 8100 block of South Blackstone Avenue.

That's when police alleged at least three of the four teens got out of a stolen vehicle and ran towards the officer while armed.

One person allegedly began shooting and Preston returned fire. As gunfire continued she was struck, Carter said. One of the teens then took her gun and the group fled the scene, police said.

Police said at least two of the teens fired weapons that night.

Preston had been wearing a smart watch, which alerted police to a "traffic crash" in the area. An officer responding to that call ultimately found Preston and rendered aid before a squad car transported her to University of Chicago Medical Center, where she was pronounced dead.

Although Preston was not on-duty at the time of the shooting, the department said it will rule Preston's killing as a "line-of-duty death" 

The car involved in the crime, a red Kia, was set on fire and discovered in the 7200 block of South Rhodes about 20 minutes after Preston was found shot, police said.

Trevell Breeland and Joseph Brooks, both 19; Jakwon Buchanan, 18; and a 16-year-old, who will be charged as an adult, face first-degree murder charges, along with additional charges for armed robbery, arson, burglary, possession of a stolen vehicle and unlawful use of a weapon, authorities said.

The National Association of Colored Women's Club posted a photo of Preston, saying, "Aréanah was a light who smile brightened any room. She continued to lift as she climbed by serving and protecting her community as a Chicago Police Officer for the last three years."
URL
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/police-release-new-details-on-what-happened-the-night-officer-aréanah-preston-was-killed/ar-AA1b15w2

Preston, who was still in uniform following her shift, was returning home just after 1 a.m. in the 8100 block of South Blackstone Avenue.

That's when police alleged at least three of the four teens got out of a stolen vehicle and ran towards the officer while armed.

One person allegedly began shooting and Preston returned fire. As gunfire continued she was struck, Carter said. One of the teens then took her gun and the group fled the scene, police said.

Like you, I don't know if this is the truth or not and I'm skeptical about the "official" story of authorities who weren't at the scene, but IF this is close to the truth.....then it seems to me that our sista didn't really HAVE TIME to call for back-up.

If a person has somebody.....especially a group of people....running towards them shooting, besides ducking and looking for something to hide behind the ONLY thing they'll have time to do is shoot back if they have a gat on them.
No time to get on the radio----if she even HAD one in her private vehicle---and call for back-up.
She'd have to do that by cell phone.

It could be that our poor sista did the only thing she could do.

richardmurray 

Excellent point!
Don't make an unnecessary target out of yourself.

You know they have locker rooms where she could have changed into civilian clothes.
Not sure why some officers choose to wear their clothes outside of duty unless they are trying to show the world that they're a cop or maybe just plain laziness and being too tired to take it off.  Whatever the reason, perhaps this tragedy can be used as a cautionary tale.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

Not sure why some officers choose to wear their clothes outside of duty unless they are trying to show the world that they're a cop....

That's it. Showing off. Some folks are attracted to uniforms.😎

• Like 1

@Pioneer1  exactly, listen, in NYC even the black hating NYPD admit that violent crimes have gone down from the coranavius era, and to be blunt the biggest increase in crimes during the coronavirus time wasn't street crimes, it was home crimes, domestic violence went up 700% and even worse in some smaller temporal zones during the corona lockdown so... I didn't view that as a black issue, that is a human issue. alot of couples are on false footing and being locked together in the house... made them erupt. but said NYPD admits that thievery is up everywhere. And, i think everyone in the USA knows poverty in nyc isn't a joke. In this very community I posted that the white man says 50% of people in NYC can't afford to feed themselves. so... everybody has to wake up. And then add the busing where thousands who will generate millions of people in the next 40 years are coming into the city with no english, no skills, no money while the city is trying to give them everything, while the people in the city with english potentially, no skills, no money are being told by the same city to lift themselves up by their bootstraps. 

I comprehend that the black community has always had, I repeat always had a large percentage <not majority> who believe in living by the law. White of the NAACP spoke just like you pioneer in the 1950s living in Harlem. I am not suggesting that I don't comprehend the idea of legality. White people have power over blacks so black people can't provide white people opportunity to abuse blacks by committing illegal acts. But what I have always battled black people in Harlem offline with is the notion that a financially poor person is going to essentially live in the bureaucracies deluge absent attempting illegalities to make money while the city was born from those who committed illegalities. Rockefeller center is named after a white man who is a known killer of white people for his own financial benefit. I mean come on.  you gotta be crazy if you think a person will simply accept being fiscally poor and never try the only avenue open to make a dollar. 

And thus, law officer preston insulted Chicago condition, being so lax. Chicago i argue is worse off than NYC, financially. And chicago is getting bussed people to though media focus on NYC, I will love to know how Chicago and other northern cities besides NYC are handling the busing or "preparing" for the eventual logistics demands of these people. 

@ProfD 

:) yeah, nice try at levity. I hope women remember the people who afford only fans without hurting their rent money aren't stealing cars