What I've Noticed About AALBC And Black Literature In General

Troy, you should know that just as you don't stop thinking of ways to improve AALBC and make it better, there are those of us who feel the same about your site.
Obviously not as intensely and with not as much dedication, however from time to time as I'm out and about  or surfing the web for something I'll see something that I feel would be great for AALBC to consider.

After being here for over a decade and counting, there are a few things I've noticed about this site............

1. Most of the literature being presented is that of a fictional nature.
Not a lot of scientific or financial books.
Not too many political books.
Some....but not the majority.
Most are fictional and poetic.
A lot of poetry.

2. Most of the literature deals with 2 main topics:
a) Our experiences with racism in the United States.
b) Sexual relationships.
Again, not all books are about these 2 topics but most of them seem to be.

3.  A majority.....not sure if it's a vast majority or slight majority...of the authors seem to be female.
I understand that most of the POSTS are from men!
Most of the participation is from men!
But when you look at the books and poetry themselves being presented, the majority of the work seems to be coming from women who come and go through out the site.
They'll pop up....leave...some come back again to post something.....leave again.

Troy, you can correct me if what I've observed was inaccurate.

Also, these observations aren't a reflection of the site itself but a reflection of the content much of our people seem to be interested in.
When I go to Black book stores or the Black SECTION of most book stores....I often have the same observations.

Not being judgmental but looking at things from a social-scientific point of view, if my observations are correct then it tells me a lot about the state of Black America and where our interests and focuses often lay.