RACIAL AND CULTURAL REPRESENTATION IN BIBLICAL STORYTELLING - The Caribbean Experience

My recently self-published book, ADAM AND EVE MAKE A BIG, BIG MISTAKE BUT GOD FIX' IT is the first in a series entitled BIBLE STORIES AS TOLD TO CARIBBEAN CHILDREN. The series is written to address the erroneous suggestion that the Bible and Christianity are about and for White people and that it is therefore the White man's religion. This is a view strongly held by some elements within the Caribbean culture. This, the first book tells the well-known biblical account of Creation, the Fall of man, and the promise of restoration.  It is, however, written in the cadence of the Caribbean employing idiom, imagery, and illustration more familiar to the Caribbean people. The intent is that the young reader will see himself and his culture represented visually and auditorily within the pages of the bible and by extension in the mind and plan of God.

I  would dearly love to have this book reviewed by you and I thank you for creating this space where you make it possible for an unknown writer to find an oasis in the desert that is the Publishing world.

Author: Jean Ann Field-Ridley

Book Title: ADAM AND EVE MAKE A BIG, BIG MISTAKE BUT GOD FIX' IT

ISBN: 9798399291321

Publication date: SEPTEMBER 15, 2023

BOOK COVER IMAGE: Attached

resizecover.thumb.jpg.39eba2e68f9825aafea717df248d34b2.jpg

MEssage me and we can share emails and I will read it. I don't see a link to the work in your post body. 

The series is written to address the erroneous suggestion that the Bible and Christianity are about and for White people and that it is therefore the White man's religion. This is a view strongly held by some elements within the Caribbean culture.

The problem is both sides of the argument hold truth. 

Christianity is a set of religions, not one religion, with one common denominator. The role of jesus as the beginning of christianity. In Christian history, the bible as legitimate or what it contains have all been contested between christians The identity of jesus has been contested between  christians in christian history. 

IS christianity white? no

Can a form of christianity be about and for white people? yes. 

Is the form of christianity imposed on black people by whites in the american continent and then continued through black enslaved parents or white masters to enslaved children about and for white people? yes

Name one form of christianity not about and for white people? ethiopian tewahedo , a branch of eastern orthodox. 

Are all elements of Christianity by Black Americans , canada to argentina, about and for white people? no, an example are the negro spirituals. i didn't gospel music, I said the negro spirituals. 

Jean Ann , you are correct , christianity as a set of religions that exist throughout humanity are open to all. But, all the forms of christianity,  in the american continent were initially made about and for white people, regardless of the manipulations black people made later. 

So what is the answer... your book. What you are doing is in the spirit of the earliest christian literature, the gospels, which originally had thousands of versions, not just those given governmental support after nicea. 

So keep i tup. I will take a look. 

If you want some inspiration consider my book

https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/gospel-of-joseph