WHY DID I GET MARRIED reviewed by Movies That Move We + The New Color Purple

Will the 2023 color purple film become a financial success, meaning make over its production cost?   

1 member has voted

1. 1. Assuming the following films are or will be financially profitable: 2023 color purple, 1983 color purple, why did i get married from tyler perry, why did i get married too from tyler perry, will you produce any of the four stated films?

• Yes to all four film
    • Yes to three film ( which one you say no to please put in comments)
    • Yes to two film (which two film you say no to, please put in comments
    • Yes to one film (which three film you say no to, please put in comments)
    • No to all four films

MY THOUGHTS

0:10 Jill scott's character in this film is well known, I have only seen two tyler perry films. One is with a black woman who is with a wife beater, and the other is with a black woman who is using a black man's marriage as a cover for her  mistresshood to a white man .  But it seems he likes to have an abused black woman by a black man. reminds me of "for colored girls"
3:30 I don't think Zenobia shared why the relationship between jill scott's character and said character's husband bother's her so much. It is clearly negative but she wanted to say more i think
4:15 Nike,  you found the relationship with the michael j white character side wife funny?
10:00 Zenobia,  I don't exist in the circles where tyler perry films ar ebeing talked about alot, thanks for mentioning.
12:05 why have the tyler perry films become more debated now in the espace circles, in either of your opinions?
13:11 why did you show his image, the character that jill scott's character romances with? is he a hero or something?:) 
14:49 do both movies explain why the guy who married jill scott 's character marry her in the first place? I don't comprehend based on what you guys said, why he married her, did she  have the body of tyra banks or sade or kerry washington when they married?
21:17 red tomato:) rotten tomato:) Nike your hilarious, Zenobia, was the second film spinned off unrealistic? 
23:36 Is the formulaic way of Perry why his alex cross failed so much?
28:10 all artist display their rearing or the reaction to their rearing in their work. it is inevitable. 
30:32 Tyler Perry like SPike LEe like Robert Townsend, like the Wayans, like others before , all comprehend the industry and all have influenced it, But each have their own perspective based on their tribe in the village so to speak. the problem isn't that the black experience in the usa is complex, all black people or white people know this. but the black experience in media rarely reflects how complex it is. So black people who don't share another's experience call their ersion a falsehood or leser view, when it is merely a view from a different part of the black community.
33:35 yes in europe theater was a place for only male thespians, in japanese kubuki as well, 
35:57 tyler perry comprehended that many of the older  black thespians have followings in the black community or the white community of a certain age and supporting them provides a certain audience, especially of financially affluent blacks
37:37 great job covering all three films.

Enjoy the Winter season!

THE NEW COLOR PURPLE

Usually when people talk about films they go into a what do they think . I will ask more blunt questions. 

After viewing the trailer for the new color purple, and after seeing the review of why did i get married from movies that move we...

1) Discarding who produced the film, Would you finance the 2023 color purple film as it is?

2) Discarding who produced the film, would you finance why did I get married/why did i get married 2? 

Both of my answers to said questions is no. If I owned a studio and I had to give money to make the 2023 color purple or tyler perry's why did i get married produced, I would say no to both. Now comprehend, I gamble the 2023 color purple film will like its predecessor make a ton of money. The original color purple film had a budget of fifteen million and make ninety eight million so black film goers loved the film and I expect them to love the musical with its cast. As for Why did I get married, the first movie i did not find the budget but it made fifty five million. While why did i get married too had a budget of twenty million and made sixty million. 

Now knowing the financial history, I ask if you owned a movie studio and were needed for the films

1) Discarding the financial profitability of the color purple films plus assuming you knew the profitability, Would you finance the 2023 color purple film as it is?

2) Discarding the financial profitability of the why did i get marrieds plus assuming you knew the profitability, would you finance why did I get married/why did i get married 2? 

Both of my answers to said questions is no. If I owned a studio and even if I knew these movies will be financially profitable and was needed to get these movies made,  I still will not produce them. 

why this line of thinking? In discussing the preacher's wife I realized something is lacking in discourse in the arts. The owner. Too often people talk about liking a film in the mindset of the customer controls. but the customer doesn't control. The owner controls. No film studio produces all sorts of films, stories. That isn't wrong, that merely shows acceptable bias based on ownership taste. So in the same context, I feel for now the question is not whether I like a film but whether I will put money to a film if I was needed for it to be made. Answering that question reveals the truth about the customer more than the customer question which is foolhardy cause  customers have varying tastes and if enough customers like a movie/theater production/book or some art, it will be financially a success, regardless to those that don't like it. 

MY REASONS... in a nutshell

My top five movies answer explains my reasoning well but I  will be explicit. The color purple is not the kind of story I want to see based on the time period.  The why did I get married's black marital situations I don't want to finance. 

TOP FIVE MOVIES I WILL PRODUCE

https://aalbc.com/tc/topic/10653-the-upside-from-movies-that-move-we/?do=findComment&comment=64110

some more film discussion

https://aalbc.com/tc/topic/10681-the-preachers-wife-review-from-movies-that-move-we/