So, what else is new? Alabama prisoners forced to work as Slaves

Better order an extra drink when ordering that KFC fried chicken leg or fast food burgers might if you’re in Alabama. Might make swallowing your meal easier after you read this nonsense.

Prisoner and labor groups have filed a federal class action lawsuit to dismantle the forced prison labor system in the Yellowhammer State, which generates $450 million a year by leasing prisoners to McDonald’s, KFC, Burger King and Wendy’s, according to Zane McNeil of Truthout.org.

The lawsuit, filed in the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Alabama, seeks compensation for folks exploited by the state’s prison labor system.
Now, despite a 2015 state law requiring the Alabama Bureau of Pardons and Paroles make evidence-based parole decisions, the lawsuit alleges that the state denies Black Alabamians parole at a 2 to 1 rate compared with White candidates to maintain the numbers of workers, McNeil said. 

Alabama prisoners forced to work at fast food companies

“[Incarcerated people] are trapped in this labor trafficking scheme,” said the lawsuit, which was obtained by The New York Times. “Although they are trusted to perform work for the state, local governments, and a vast array of private employers, some of the same people who profit from their coerced labor have systematically shut down grants of parole, ” the lawsuit said.

The lawsuit also alleged prisoners are forced to work for little pay — and sometimes no pay — in jobs that benefit government entities or private companies.

The class action lawsuit also accuses the state of maintaining a discriminatory parole system with a low release rate that ensures a supply of laborers while also generating money for the state.

“The forced labor scheme that currently exists in the Alabama prison system is the modern reincarnation of the notorious convict leasing system that replaced slavery after the Civil War,” said Janet Herold, the legal director of Justice Catalyst Law. Parole reforms enacted in 2015 slashed work release inmates by 40 percent in 2018.

So, Gov. Kay Ivey began targeting the parole system and rates dropped. The number of prisoners granted parole declined sharply between 2020 and 2022. The rates among Black inmates dropped even further and wait times increased, the lawsuit said.

The prison industrial complex has been providing free and cheap labor for a long time now. 

Prisoners are a step below migrant workers when it comes to providing labor and enriching corporations.

These are type of issues more politicians need to be tackling.  Of course, that would mean biting the hands that feed them.😎

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

So my question is, what are Black politicians going to do about it?

Nothing.

I hope you've seen the video of NF Jr. explaining how POTUS Obama was appointed and could have been snatched out of the seat at any time and made the janitor. 🤣😎

Sometimes I wonder which proves to be the biggest threat.....White racism or Black laziness.

White racists are powerful.
However they aren't "almighty".

If they were THAT powerful and absolute in their suppression of AfroAmericans, none would be Congressmen, Mayors, Governors, or even police officers.
They'd be essentially powerless.

You do have a lot of Black folks in positions of power, but most of them aren't USING that power constructively.
I think the laziness and indifference of Negroes in power is almost as big of a threat to our community as the racists themselves.

12 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

Sometimes I wonder which proves to be the biggest threat.....White racism or Black laziness.

Racism white supremacy is still the most powerful religion on the planet. 

White racists are powerful.
However they aren't "almighty".

They're willing to kill anyone in order to maintain it. 

Show me Black folks anywhere on the planet who are willing to kill white folks. They either don't exist or they're scattered beyond organization.

If they were THAT powerful and absolute in their suppression of AfroAmericans, none would be Congressmen, Mayors, Governors, or even police officers.
They'd be essentially powerless.

AfroAmericans are placed in those positions and they are powerless against racism white supremacy. 

You do have a lot of Black folks in positions of power, but most of them aren't USING that power constructively.

Black folks cannot wield a power they do not have without permission from white folks.

One day you will accept what I write when it comes to Black folks and positions of powerlessness.  They aren't lazy or unintelligent. They're up against a barbaric enemy.😎

ProfD

Show me Black folks anywhere on the planet who are willing to kill white folks. 

The bruthaz on North Sentinel Island don't seem to have a problem with it.....lol.

Screenshot-2023-08-19-at-11.48.37-PM-700

"Let's groove tonight....................."

AfroAmericans are placed in those positions and they are powerless against racism white supremacy. 

Wasn't a Black man named Keith Ellison the Minnesota Attorney General who prosecuted Derek Chauvin and helped get him locked up?

27 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

he bruthaz on North Sentinel Island don't seem to have a problem with it.....lol.

They aren't killing enough to take their luggage and get some threads. 🤣

27 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

Wasn't a Black man named Keith Ellison the Minnesota Attorney General who prosecuted Derek Chauvin and helped get him locked up?

Yep. 8 minute video was d8mning evidence. Worldwide protesting helped convict him too.

It may not be over yet. If the killer cop is allegedly stabbed assaulted again...they're going to find a way to release him early.😎

This is has nothing to do with Minnesota or Keith Ellison. But the following is what transpires when a Black person THINKS, instead of just whining or demanding someone else fix a problem because they are too f*cking lazy and unimaginative.

How Keith Ellison pre-emptively beat any Derek Chauvin defenders

Blaming Black people all the time when they are trying to overcome insurmountable tasks is silly and childish. The Mayor of New York City Eric Adams, is Black. But Pioneer and ProfD could not wait to attack him when his electronic gadgets were seized by the Feds. As usual, these two bright lights, who never offer proof for their assertions, were wrong about the reasons Adams' mobile devices were taken.

So now the High Yella Fella thinks Black politicians ought to solve this. Really? How? 

It's a state policy strongly supported by the state's Governor. I am beginning to wonder if anyone here actually thinks.

1 hour ago, Stefan said:

The Mayor of New York City Eric Adams, is Black...ProfD could not wait to attack him when his electronic gadgets were seized by the Feds. As usual, these two bright lights, who never offer proof for their assertions, were wrong about the reasons Adams' mobile devices were taken.

It might be helpful to re-read the Mayor Adams thread.  I did not attack him.  I did start the thread though. 

For as many times as it's required, I'll also mention that we don't have to prove assertions or what we think.   It's a discussion forum.  Not a court of law. 😎

6 minutes ago, Stefan said:

It does not matter that this is not a court of law. No one should attack Black people unfairly and with a bunch of lies.

True.  Nobody should be attacked with lies.  I still don't believe Mayor Adams was attacked.😎

I am not going back to read the thread about NYC Mayor Eric Adams. You and that High Yella Fella have been feeding off your hate of some Black luminaries. If I am not mistaken, you also did not want Karen Bass to run for Mayor of Los Angeles. Why?

Let me explain something to you, what you fear that some Blacks will fail at: Many Black women view as a challenge. That's where their confidence comes in.

5 hours ago, Stefan said:

I am not going back to read the thread ...feeding off your hate of some Black luminaries.

Too bad. You will not find me *hating* on any Black folks. However, I will call out those who fail us.

If I am not mistaken, you also did not want Karen Bass to run for Mayor of Los Angeles. Why?

You're mistaken. I started the thread recognizing Mayor Karen Bass. I stated that we must give her a chance to lead the city of Los Angeles.

Let me explain something to you, what you fear that some Blacks will fail at: Many Black women view as a challenge. That's where their confidence comes in.

You're definitely mixing up people here.

I support all confident Black folks who are willing to tackle challenges and solve problems especially if it helps us.

i see you've come back to your regularly scheduled programming. It's never a good idea to run with scissors.😎

• Haha 1