Do Blacks actually want Segregation ?

Do Blacks want to be segregated from whites? It seems as if they do. Many black communities are complaining about white people moving in. Blacks are claiming “ they dont look like us”. They are also saying it about asian people as well and claim blacks need their own communities. Seems a bit ironic to me as well as hypocritical. Blacks are the first to claim discrimination even when most often its their imagination.

You will find countless examples of this on you tube and black radio shows.

If this was the other way around, blacks would be protesting and rioting. You cannot have it both ways. Our black community needs to be much more rational  and realistic.
Please opine.

What most AfroAmericans want today is SEPARATION....not Segregation.
There's a difference...........

50 or 60 years ago most AfroAmericans didn't want Separations.
Some did...a minority...but most wanted full integration into White society because they felt it would make us better off collectively.
Now 50 and 60 years later, we realize that it did not.
While SOME Black folks benefited....MOST of our people are worse off today than most of their grand parents were back during the Jim Crow era.

Personally.....I want BOTH:

SEPARATION with the option to INTEGRATE as needed or desired, lol.

• Like 1

On 1/19/2024 at 4:39 PM, Pioneer1 said:

What most AfroAmericans want today is SEPARATION....not Segregation.
There's a difference...........

50 or 60 years ago most AfroAmericans didn't want Separations.
Some did...a minority...but most wanted full integration into White society because they felt it would make us better off collectively.
Now 50 and 60 years later, we realize that it did not.
While SOME Black folks benefited....MOST of our people are worse off today than most of their grand parents were back during the Jim Crow era.

Personally.....I want BOTH:

SEPARATION with the option to INTEGRATE as needed or desired, lol.

Black people want freedom and to benefit from living in this society. They don't want to be deprived of rights, opportunity, or material well-being. Whether these things come from living in Black neighborhoods and having black businesses; it can also be found in the White mainstream. That includes elite universities or professional jobs in Corporate America. Black people often feel like we're losing something we need or want. 

On 1/19/2024 at 10:53 AM, Jeromex said:

Do Blacks want to be segregated from whites? It seems as if they do. Many black communities are complaining about white people moving in. Blacks are claiming “ they dont look like us”. They are also saying it about asian people as well and claim blacks need their own communities. Seems a bit ironic to me as well as hypocritical. Blacks are the first to claim discrimination even when most often its their imagination.

You will find countless examples of this on you tube and black radio shows.

If this was the other way around, blacks would be protesting and rioting. You cannot have it both ways. Our black community needs to be much more rational  and realistic.
Please opine.

It's not about segregation or assimilation. It's about pluralism and agency. All Black neighborhoods with thriving businesses should be possible along with opportunities in the White mainstream whether it's a job or going to an amusement park like Disney World.

It's important to realize that during the era of Jim Crow segregation whites did business in black communities and rented property to blacks. None of this is about optics. It's about power and control with all its benefits. That's what most Blacks want. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/24/2024 at 8:12 PM, KENNETH said:

It's important to realize that during the era of Jim Crow segregation whites did business in black communities and rented property to blacks. None of this is about optics. It's about power and control with all its benefits. That's what most Blacks want. 

That's why I said there was a difference between SEGREGATION and SEPARATION.

Under SEGREGATION.....the races are kept apart but only one of them controls the economies and politics of both.
Under SEPARATION....the races are apart but they each control their own economies and politics.

22 minutes ago, Jeromex said:

If the blacks want all those opportunities ( which they actually get more than any other race and on a silver platter), then why do they make so many irresponsible decisons and why do they engage in so much violence?

🤔 What's with all this THEY THEY THEY ?????

If YOU are one of "the blacks" then you should be saying WE....lol

• Thanks 1

I say “ they” because I am not one of those blacks that constantly looks for a hand out and constantly plays the victim. I also taught my kids not to keep looking in the rear view mirror and blaming any of their potential problems on things that may of happened 175 years ago. The world is their oyster.

On 1/28/2024 at 8:48 PM, Jeromex said:

Pioneer

thats a great  user name that pays homage to the great American Piomeers who were whte. We have something in common piomeer. We both acknowledge the great achievements made worlld wide by Whites.  

....but what you and I DON'T have in common, is our LITERACY RATES.

• Haha 1