2 hours ago2 hr comment_83657 For those of you who think that AI possesses consciousness..........Emotion is a product OF consciousness.Are there any reports of AI showing emotion? Report
1 hour ago1 hr comment_83660 I do not think emotions are a prerequisite for consciousness. Nor do I think that emotions are a prerequisite for consciousness. When it comes to the AI systems, we like to shoehorn our sensibilities and anthropomorphizing them in the same way we think beings from another planet will think that say way we do. Shoot there are humans on THIS planet whose motivation escape my comprehension. That said I have not heard any stories of AI presenting with emotions, nor do I expect them to. Emotions are a human construct and you can be conscious without them. What is the motivation for your question @Pioneer1 ? Report
1 hour ago1 hr Author comment_83662 10 minutes ago, Troy said:What is the motivation for your question @Pioneer1 ?At some point somebody whom I had been discussing AI with....I want to say frankster but I'm not 100% sure because I don't have the quote....said that AI not only possesses self awareness but also has a survival instinct in which some systems avoid being destroyed and self-destruction.If this is true.....IF it's true...the most likely explanation is that somebody programed this security feature into some AI systems.On the other hand, for those who believe AI possesses consciousness.....if this survival instinct or avoidance of destruction arises out of the "consciousness" of the AI entity itself, then there would have to be a MOTIVATOR behind it and that motivator would most likely be an emotion.Like fear or desire.Fear.....of death or non-existenceDesire.....to stay alive Report
56 minutes ago56 min comment_83664 Robots have been around longer than AI. To date, robots still do not have feelings nor consciousness.AI will always be another technological tool even if some humans try to be friends with it.😁😎 Report
37 minutes ago37 min comment_83669 23 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:If this is true.....IF it's true...the most likely explanation is that somebody programed this security feature into some AI systems.Well it probably, at least partially, true but again it is a leap to ascribe "fear" and "desire," human emotions, as part of the motivation. Indeed we can say with certainty how emotions emerge in us.27 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:this survival instinct or avoidance of destruction arises out of the "consciousness" of the AI entity itself, then there would have to be a MOTIVATOR behind it and that motivator would most likely be an emotion.Avoidance of destruction does not have be motivated by an emotion. it could be another goal. The choice between destruction and avoiding destruction could be made just as easily one way of the other by an AI. Again, assuming an AI is afraid, it the wrong way to look at it.17 minutes ago, ProfD said:AI will always be another technological tool even if some humans try to be friends with it.Some human will be copulating with it -- someone is probably doing that right now somewhere... Report
Create an account or sign in to comment