Sign in to follow this  
Troy

The Many Faces of the Internet User

I loved that run-down. And why wouldn't I? I'm almost a conglomeration of all the types mentioned. :lol::angry::rolleyes::o;):P

• Like 1

Cynique I think you would be the antithesis of a lurker and if you were a spambot (we have MANY of those), You would have been banned from jump street.

Writergirl friend me on Goodreads (I'm basically aalbc on any social media site) I don't really use Goodreads very much maybe, I'll start. Have yo noticed if authors and other have begun to use Goodreads to promote themselves and their businesses?

Troy,

I signed up w/Goodreads back in January. But I only started using it regularly in the past month.

From a reader's perspective, there seem to be a lot of authors out there but I don't notice anything newsworthy in terms of self-promoting. Sometimes I get a friend request from an author, but that's about it.

As a reader, my favorite part about the site is the feature that allows you to add a book to your "to-read" list, and to update that list from "to-read" to "currently reading" to "I'm finished." This feature is helpful bc without it I'm sure I'd be reading books twice by accident or forgetting "that one book" that I simply had to have but now can't think of its name.

From a writer's perspective, the best thing I've found for self-promotion purposes on Goodreads would be the Giveaways. I like them bc you can control how many copies you want to give out as freebies. This is much better than dropping your price down to like zero or 99 cents on Amazon/Barnes&Noble and watching hundreds of them fly off the free shelf, as you wonder how many of them could have been actual sales.

I do notice quite a few authors taking advantage of the Giveaways, but I'm pretty sure there are other ways to promote on the site.

I'll go out there now & friend you.