The Film Paradise: Love gets under my skin...

...perhaps that is the nature of good filmmaking.

OK maybe I'm a hypercrite for (albiet with the private parts on full blast).

And maybe I'm a hypercrite for not being overly concerned about Brothers who go to Rio for Sexcapades.

And maybe I still a little racist despite by calls for the iradication of the concept, but the premise o this film kinda irks me.  You can read Kam's review here.

paradise-love-dancing.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4ZFB8qwWa4

-and maybe you started this thread KNOWING that Pioneer would have an opinion on the subject, lol.

You weren't sure exactly WHAT that opinion might be, but whatever it was you were sure you'd find it quite entertaining.

Well......

I support films like this for 2 reasons:

1. I think women should have the option to pay for sex and companionship just like men and films like this seems to promote it in a fun and straightforward way.

2.  Most (if not all) of the members of this site may disagree with the statement I'm about to make but.........
In an age where the Justin Timberlakes and Justin Beibers are being promoted by the mainstream media, I think it will help bolster the self esteem of young Black men to know that they are still good for something....and are sexually desired in Western society.

Society tends to promote the idea of the Black EUNUCH.

A big strong man with excellent athletic prowess but has no sexuality about him except in a negative manner (rape, sexual predator, sexual perversions, sexual dysfunction, ect.....)

Have you noticed that more and more often the only Black man welcomed on some of these talk shows is one who is flamboyantly gay?

Whether you turn on the television where White men are constantly being shouted and whisteled at by the audience as they come out for an interview.....
Go to a movie where a White man is kicking the ass of aliens, bad guys, and Black criminals, and still finds time to come home and make love to his woman.........
Or just look at the magazines next to the check-out lanes in your local grocery store with a weekly list of the "hottest hunks" and all you see are White faces........

White male sexuality is being pushed hard today.

If you notice, 20 years ago it was New Edition, Jodeci, and Boyz 2 Men that had the girls jumping up and down screaming, the powers that be took notice and used the media to promote the Backstreet Boys, Nsync, ect.......

NOW where are the Black "boy bands"?????

No more Jackson 5, now you got Maroon 5 

If you want some soul, no more 112.....now you got  Justin Timberlake in a tuxedo dancing and spinning around on Saturday Night Live or some clown in a t-shirt beating on a guitar and crying about "hey soul sista".

This isn't by accident but part of it comes from.....as we've so often discussed on this site....Black people being ashamed of and tending to downplay Black male sexuality.

Since so many Black men are ashamed to be sexual today, many young White men see that as an opportunity to exert themselves into the role of "soulful lover".

Tracy Morgan and Shawn Wyans have done a poor job of representing for the sex appeal of black men, but the trade-off for these goof ball buffoons is that they're popular and rich.  B)  A new breed of white guys have emerged and perfected the pseudo cool image associaed with black hipness. Hangin out with his cronies Timberlan and Jay-Z has rubbed off on JustinTimberlake who has  done a pretty good job of developing his  swagger, especially  when he hooks up with either the very talented Jimmy Fallon or  Andy Samburg, who  exudes a whole lot of kosher sexiness. Oy Vey!   :wub:

Let's face it.  The only people who think black men have a monopoly on sexiness is - black men.  It's been said that power is a great aphrodisiac.  'Nuff said.  See ya later, Bruh.  ;)

And then there Jason Collins, ex Washington Wizards basketball center whose annoucement that' he's gay has given the Boston Marathon bombings a run for their money with the maudlin flood of media swill that Americans seem to have a need to lap up.    . 

It's a wonder President Obama didn't nominate Jason for the congressional medal while jumpin on the bandwagon to  praise the balls it took for him to come out of the closet.  :ph34r:  Like, who gives a crap whether this over-the-hill hoopster  called off the wedding to his 7 ft tall  white fiancee because he 'd rather slam dunk the hunky power forward he'd been eyeing during his last season. 

I'm so sick of America 's need to feel good about itself with its latest outpouring of support for surrepticious gays  and the wave of  super patriotism that erupted to show their gratitude to Boston for providing something else besides 911 to swallow back tears and wave the flag about. :o

Plus they always seems to get a Brothers to don a dress at some point.  Even action hero Wesley Snipes has worn a dress in a film, we don't even have to discuss the explopit of Tracy Morgan and Shawn Wayans.

I know it is my New York City sensibility, but why do we care about Jason Collins sexuality?!  Is being gay still news?

I remeber when Sheryl Swopes "came out", after being married to a man, according to Wikipedia she is engaged to a man now now.  Again why someones sex life is news is lost on me?! 

I read, on Facebook (the worlds news source) it is hard to avoid reading this crap, that Jason Collins dated a women for years.  The woman claimed he had no idea Jason was gay.  Again who cares, really...

As a culture was are so stupid.

Like the brutha told the nurse when he went in for his physical:
Brace yourself, this is about to be a long one.......

"For what doeth it profit a man to gain the WHOLE WORLD but lose his OWN SOUL?"

It's a sign of how intellectually and morally immature some people are when they will gladly play the role of a criminal, pervert, ignoramous or otherwise social deviant just for money not realizing the devasting effects those images have on the developing minds of young people.

Back in the 80s and 90s, I rarely saw Black men switching and pouting and looking sweet in public.
But after Jamie Foxx (Wanda) and Martin Lawrence (Shanana) started putting on wigs and dresses and acting like women......
Now you have a generation of young men getting off buses and walking around in shopping malls with silly grins on thier faces switching and lisping and acting JUST LIKE those characters they saw on television as children.

Ever wonder why your parents warned you not to make fun of or mock handicapped people or mentally retarded people?

In Morehouse College down in Atlanta the Dean had to put out an executive order prohibiting the young men from coming to class in dresses, lipstick and high heels!

Yes.....
I couldn't believe it until I went down there a few years ago and SAW for myself why he had to do that!

Now I'm not gay bashing here.....
Homosexuals are human beings and have a right to be who they are, but Troy when you ask "who cares" if Collins is gay or not, it doesn't matter, it reminds me of the argument over the color of Jesus.

There are some who ask: "Who cares if he was Black, White, or Brown....as long as you believe."

But my answer was always; "Well SOMEBODY obviously cared, because they took to the time to change him from his original color to making him White."......lol.

And somebody STILL cares because they're keeping his image as White on most of the pictures and movies till this very day despite overwhelming evidence that he wasn't White...lol.

It's the same with Black sexuality.

SOMEBODY in the media seems to find it important to put Black men in dresses.
SOMEBODY sees fit to include a Black man making advances towards a White guy in prison scenes in the movies incinuating rape.
SOMEBODY in the media seems to think it was proper to put a rainbow halo around President Obama's head and call him the first "gay president".

newsweek_obama_first_gay_president.jpg

And SOMEBODY in the media seems to have made it thier mission to find as many gay Black celebrities and atheletes as they can....encourage them to "come out"....and then broadcast this to the whole world.

It's funny to me with all the White atheletes in Hockey and baseball and NASCAR that none of THEM have openly come out as gay.

Also it's funny to me how a so-called "gay" man can maintain an erection for and have sex with a woman for 8 years without her having a clue.

Being a straight brother, and as many times as I've been around other nude males in school or in camp I've NEVER gotten even a mild erection for another dude, let alone one hard enough for sex because I'm just not oriented that way.

Now if you're gay...you're gay.
But I'm wondering how a so-called "gay" man managed to get an erection hard enough to sexually please a woman for 8 years to the point she didn't even realize he wasn't liking it?

This whole thing smells fishy to me.
I wouldn't be suprised if him and some of these other cats weren't being PAID to "come out" as gay as some sort of publicity stunt.

When you have young men so confused that they will play dope dealers, gangsters, or put on dresses and wigs and act funny for a little money....why would they be above this also?

The country is on a gay binge and is coming out of homophobe closets to heap praise and approval on those coming out as homosexuals. I don't see a conspiracy of manipulation here as it regards gay black men. Gays are very powerful and prominent in the entertainment industry and are also a sought after voting bloc. What's the disadvantage of being a black gay person in anywhere except the black community????

If white men spent as much time envying black heterosexual men as black men think they do, then they couldn't run the country and control a society that renders black men impotent. When asked if they'd rather spend an hour engaging in sex or in shopping at the mall, the vast majority of women chose shopping. Show me a woman who doesn' like to be pampered and who doesn't like to cuddle. Get real and stop over estimating the influence of organ size. Wives say having their husbsand volutarily take out the garbage makes him very sexy. :wub:

And just to put salt in your wounds, I am supplying a link to a video that will keep black men looking over their shoulders. (Click on to the prompt that appears on the black screen.) :D

I would appreciate more feedback on the ACTUAL SUBSTANCE of my previous post...........

But gay people DO seem to be very wealthy, as a group atleast.

Somebody asked me a question jokingly years ago have I ever seen a homeless or broke gay man..
I laughed a little...then thought about it a bit and had to admit I hadn't.

I have a theory about why this is and it's connected to the educational system.

And posting that SNL video of White men who can sing???
Cynique, you're not throwing salt in anyone's wounds....lol.
You're just being your usual SALTY self.....'cuz I'm not "wounded" in the least.

I've never agued that White men couldn't sing, dance, fuck, or be cool otherwise.
Nor have I said they spent all thier time conspiring to emasculate Black men.
I simply said that there are those in the media who seem to have an agenda to feminize the image of Black men.
The rest of that garbage is just part of your overly active imagination.

Come to New York City Pioneer and you'll see homeless people of all stripes.  I'm sure you see a bunch of homeless homos (I could not pass up the alleratration) in San Francisco too.

Homosexual as a demographic seen to do better financially, but if you consider two white men living togther without children, what do you expect.

Pioneer, I'm not gay but (pardon the pun) as far as youe comment "Also it's funny to me how a so-called "gay" man can maintain an erection for and have sex with a woman for 8 years without her having a clue."  I hear you but since you are not gay I would be careful about applying your sensibilities, as a non-gay, to the things they do.  

There are striaght men who have sex with men for money, who don't consider themselves gay.    Men in prison have sex with men and don't consider themsleves gay because they are not on the recieving end... 

I don't think who you have sex with, is what makes you gay.  There are plenty of gay people and straight people who don't have sex.

Cynique

I'm done with my cheeseburger and you can have this empty styrofoam box.

Mickey ain't put burgers in Styrofoam since the Run DMC/Big Daddy Kane days....lol.

If you stumbled upon and decided to start nibbling on some old cheeseburger you found in a Styrofoam container , maybe somebody ought to give YOU a "special gift" !

Troy

I'm not saying what he can or can't physically do.
People have been known to do some amazing things.

I'm just wondering how can a man who supposedly doesn't like coochie actually get "hard" for it....especially enough for a normal sex life.

It would be different if he said he was "bi", but he said straight up gay.

It's not adding up....but hey.

Who says I buy my  cheeseburgers from McDonalds, Pioneer?? I get em from Joe's Place down on the corner whose owner couldn't care less about land fills and recycling, and serves up all his orders in small styrofoam containers.

Pioneer, you are not gay stopping trying to rationalize it or make sense of it from your perspective.  If just is -- obviously.

I don't understand why, for example, so many Black people embrace, without question, the religion forced upon them by their enslavers.  Some call it faith others brainwashing. But if religion makes people happy without infiringing on my rights or forcing me to adpot their lifestyle, I'm happy for them.

Cynique

Who says I buy my cheeseburgers from McDonalds, Pioneer?? I get em from Joe's Place down on the corner whose owner couldn't care less about land fills and recycling, and serves up all his orders in small styrofoam containers.

I guess you and ole Big Foot Joe are just leaving yall carbon foot prints all over Chicago because you can't control your ravenous appetite for cheeseburgers.

((shakes head))

Well, atleast you have a spot to take your Latin (and Jewish O Boy   Oy Vey) lovers...lol.

Troy

Pioneer, you are not gay stopping trying to rationalize it or make sense of it from your perspective. If just is -- obviously.
I don't understand why, for example, so many Black people embrace, without question, the religion forced upon them by their enslavers. Some call it faith others brainwashing. But if religion makes people happy without infiringing on my rights or forcing me to adpot their lifestyle, I'm happy for them

People like structure and familiarity.
Even if they know it's a belief forced on them, if they are born into it then it becomes an institution they can fall back on in times of need.....especially during a crisis.

Also, I wouldn't categorize the acceptance of religion with the acceptance of homosexuality anymore than I would with race.
Three different subjects that should be handled differently.

You shouldn't have to be gay to understand gay people.
Hell, homosexuals are supposed to be attracted to the SAME SEX.
Which begs to question how a man who is supposedly gay can maintain an erection for a woman hard enough to continually satisfy her for 8 years without her knowing>

I'm not making a statement, I'm merely asking a question.....

Mike Tyson said: "Is dat so whuuooong?"

Cynique

I guess you and ole Big Foot Joe are just leaving yall carbon foot prints all over Chicago because you can't control your ravenous appetite for cheeseburgers.

((shakes head))

Well, atleast you have a spot to take your Latin (and Jewish O Boy   Oy Vey) lovers...lol.

What a silly remark.  Why would I take Latin and  Jewish lovers  to a  fast food joint?   So I could apologize to them for the black owner using styrofoam containers?.  That's for wimps.  

Boudoirs are for lovers unless they're somebody like you who just jumps into the backseat of a car upon experiencing an urge to copulate.