Am I Becoming Conservative?

The George Zimmerman trial and especially the peripheral affairs that surrounded it has really forced me to re-evaluate my political and social ideaology.

I'm not talking about the behavior of George Zimmerman himself.

That's an easy one....he murdered that boy.

But more specifically I'm talking about:

-The defense of Rachel Jeantel's disgraceful testimony by so many responsible Black people.

-During the trial when it came to listening to public responses, I saw so many Black people who seemed not to be able to talk properly or express themselves adequately despite the fact that they were born and raised in this nation and it was embarassing.

-The fact that like TOO MANY Black families today Trayvon came from a broken home where his mother (Sabrina Fulton) had a different last name than he or his father and they all lived separately with his father staying with his girlfriend.

-All the marching and crying and shouting over an innocent boy who was murdered by only a fraction of that response for the thousands of Black youth that have been murdered by eachother in the ghettos of America.

But that was just the last straw for that poor camel, lol.

That was just the pebble that tipped the scale.

My reconsidering my political views had been a long time in the making.

The rampant immorality, criminality, illiteracy, and ignorance contributing to the deterioration of the Black community, and worst of all the lack of adequate response of decent Black leaders TO this deterioration.....

~indeed, the willingness of so many Black leaders who KNOW BETTER to instead of coming together to strategically remove the negative elements of the Black community in order to make it stronger have decided to DEFEND so many of the negative elements at any cost~

....has contributed to me re-thinking my political positions on a variety of subjects.

Am I a Republican?

Hell no.

Them, the Tea Party, and those radicals who didn't like the moral restrictions of the Republican Party and left who now call themselves "Libertarians".....seem to harbor a right-wing facism that I could never be apart of.

But right now the Democrats and Liberals don't look to attractive either because they seem to be supporting every immoral stupid agenda EXCEPT the ones they were founded on.

Liberal USED TO mean you supported Black people's rights, women's rights, and labor unions.

Now it means you support homosexuals getting married, secular/atheism, broken families, illegal immigration, ect.....you gotta take the whole package now.

Even a lot of so-called Civil Rights leaders who call themselves "Reverend" are going along with some of the immoral garbage that Democrats have attached themselves to.

*I support Universal Health Care

But I don't support ObamaCare

*I support women's rights to be equal

But I support traditional gender roles for men and women

*I'm against the mandatory drug laws and 3 strikes

But I'm a very strong supporter of tough law enforcement

*I believe in corporal punishment both at home AND in school

But I believe the state should step in and take children away in abusive homes

*I don't believe in the death penalty

But I believe certain crimes demand a physical punishment

So what am I........

Conservative?

Conservative with a Liberal leaning?

Liberal with a Conservative leaning?

Reformed Liberal?

I may not be exactly sure of where I stand politically but one things is for sure, there are a lot of Black men out there who think like me and we've been growing for years.

You don't have to be a Conservative to deplore bad or irresponsible behavior.  Moderates and Liberals reject these things, too. But the difference is that Conservatives, in addition to being narrow-minded priggish religious hypocrites, somehow think, that circumstances don't matter, and that they are faring better in life solely because they did what they were supposed to do and were rewarded for it.   

Unlike Conservatives, Liberals are not patting themselves on the back and looking down their noses at the losers in society.  They know that the lower classes are not solely to blame for the negative behavior that has spiralled out of control due to outside factors such as racist law enforcement and bureacratic court systems and, of course, the economy where earning a living wage is not a given.   

Black people didn't invent negative lifestyles. Depravity  has been going on among the "hoi poloi"  - the unwashed masses - the vulgar common folk  for centuries because of an enduring class structure wherein the rich live well at the expense of the poor who are not fortunate enough to pursue better lives, except through illegal means. 

Corrupt politics are also a contributing factor.  In Chicago, the already inadequate schools are wracked with closures due to a billion dollar budget deficit, and thousands are being laid off as a result.  Meanwhile, those with  poltical  clout are  living high on the hog, making enormous salaries and double dipping pensions and getting rich off of kick backs and pay offs and misuse of public funds.  

American society is in a hot mess and there's enough blame to go around.  So go ahead and be a Conservative, Pioneer.   Who cares? You won't be missed because you and your ilk don't do anything but try to impose your questionable "moral" values on other people.      

I think if we put aside partisan politics, and dispense with the political labels, it is obvious that Pioneer is conservative.  I think most people become more conservative with age.

We can also decouple religion from being conservative as well.  People who are conservative can be any religion or even atheist.

We can also take racism out of the equation as well.  Some conservative people are racist, many are not racist (though I would argue it is hard to be an American and not be at least a little racist).

Here are my positions on your points:

*I support Universal Health Care - YES
But I don't support ObamaCare - Don't have enough info about it to have an opinion

*I support women's rights to be equal - Not sure what this means (if you mean equal pay for equal work --then YES)
But I support traditional gender roles for men and women - Not sure what this means (if it means women must stay at home while men must go to work, then NO)

*I'm against the mandatory drug laws and 3 strikes - ME TOO,
But I'm a very strong supporter of tough law enforcement - NO Black folks always bear the brunt of tough law enforcement

I believe in corporal punishment both at home AND in school -- I used to believe in this but not any more
But I believe the state should step in and take children away in abusive homes -- Sure

*I don't believe in the death penalty - Me neither
But I believe certain crimes demand a physical punishment (Like what, caning, water boarding, what?)

Cyniqe

You don't have to be a Conservative to deplore bad or irresponsible behavior. Moderates and Liberals reject these things, too. But the difference is that Conservatives, in addition to being narrow-minded priggish religious hypocrites, somehow think, that circumstances don't matter, and that they are faring better in life solely because they did what they were supposed to do and were rewarded for it.

Priggish......lol...????

You know I used to think that most people who called themselves Conservative didn't think about circumstances.

They always complained about the breakdown of the traditional family without taking into consideration that modern wages no longer permits ONE MAN to support an entire family working full time.

However the more I look at it the more I realize that the wrong behavior.....
The wrong principles...or values if you will.....CREATE negative circumstances so many find themselves in.

For example:
Ofcourse it's hard for a single mother to take care of her children and work and cook and go to PTA meetings.
But most single mothers CHOSE to have children outside of wedlock so they put themselves in that tough circumsance.

And what about the no good dog-ass man who fathered the children?
She CHOSE him too.

I didn't bring that up to condemn single mothers, but to use a powerful example of how many of the circumsances poor and disenfranchised people find themselves in are of their own making.

Corrupt politics are also a contributing factor. In Chicago, the already inadequate schools are wracked with closures due to a billion dollar budget deficit, and thousands are being laid off as a result. Meanwhile, those with poltical clout are living high on the hog, making enormous salaries and double dipping pensions and getting rich off of kick backs and pay offs and misuse of public funds.

There are enough wealthy Black people with both economic and political power, Black Aldermen, and Black police officers in the city of Chicago to CHANGE THINGS in the Black community there.
Why haven't they?

You can't complain about negative circumstances when you have the opportunity to change them and refuse to.

Black folks HAD Chicago.....and now Pakistanis are taking over formerly Black neighborhoods because of neglect.

American society is in a hot mess and there's enough blame to go around. So go ahead and be a Conservative, Pioneer. Who cares? You won't be missed

I KNOW your ass would miss me.....lol.

Troy

I think if we put aside partisan politics, and dispense with the political labels, it is obvious that Pioneer is conservative. I think most people become more conservative with age.
We can also decouple religion from being conservative as well. People who are conservative can be any religion or even atheist.
We can also take racism out of the equation as well. Some conservative people are racist, many are not racist (though I would argue it is hard to be an American and not be at least a little racist).

Because Conservative usually means traditional, most racists tend to identify with Conservatism because racism is part of the American tradition.

As Bill Maher says:

Being Conservative doesn't necessarily mean you're a racist....
But if you're racist, chances are you're a Conservative....lol.

*I support Universal Health Care - YES
But I don't support ObamaCare - Don't have enough info about it to have an opinion

ObamaCare or The "Affordable Care Act" as it's officially called is a right-wing Republican healthcare plan that FORCES people to buy health insurane from the same companies that have been taking advantage of America for decades.

It's not something a real liberal would support.

*I support women's rights to be equal - Not sure what this means (if you mean equal pay for equal work --then YES)
But I support traditional gender roles for men and women - Not sure what this means (if it means women must stay at home while men must go to work, then NO)

What I mean is I support a society where men and women are treated equal across the board politically, economically, ect....
But I BELIEVE the best model for families would be for the man to work while the woman stays at home and raises the children atleast while they are young.

I wouldn't FORCE anyone to adopt this method, I just believe it is ideal.
As opposed to telling people that it doesn't matter when I know better and have seen it work.

There are many ways to raise a family but only a few ways work in a way that brings the children up well balanced and productive.

*I'm against the mandatory drug laws and 3 strikes - ME TOO,
But I'm a very strong supporter of tough law enforcement - NO Black folks always bear the brunt of tough law enforcement

*I don't believe in the death penalty - Me neither
But I believe certain crimes demand a physical punishment (Like what, caning, water boarding, what?)

Whatever punishment you use it shouldn't cause permanent PHYSICAL damage.

Psychological damage???

Hmmmmm.......

((Pioneer takes a puff from his pipe and ponders))

It could be argued that putting a scar on a person's mind to ensure they don't commit a violent crime again is often necessary for some people....I'm no psychologist so I'm not sure.

I believe that you should use the force necessary to:
a) Keep order in society
b )Make sure that the punishment is strong enough to deter future crime

Quite frankly, the punishment in many juridictions isn't tough enough for most repeat offenders which is why they aren't afraid of doing dirt and going back to prison.

Here's a cat who's been living on the street all his life with no money, no job, no home....why should he care about going to prison where he'd be housed and fed for 5 to 10 years?

Rob a person and get away....you got money.
Rob a person and get caught....you got a bed, hot meals, and even healthcare.

The only thing you got to worry about are the other prisoners raping or shanking you.
I know that's a little simplistic but its' close to reality for many.

Oh yeah I forgot the public option was left out creating a tremendous windfall for insurance companies.  Waddya expect.

The recidivism rate is so high people when people come out their opportunities are limited.  Having your freedom taken away is not small thing even without the risk of being raped or shanked...  Given a real choice only a broken man would chose prison or consider that an option

Troy

Given a real choice only a broken man would chose prison or consider that an option

The key term is "broken man".

If you would have said this in the movie "Don't Be A Menace To SouthCentral".....lol.

Keenan Ivory Wayans would pop up in a Postman uniform shouting "MESSAGE!!!!"

Too many Black men in this society are broken and have just given up hope.

Because the human psyche is very complicated, many brothers seem to have developed different and often times odd ways of coping with their conditions.

For example......

I've noticed that many Black men who exhibit the overly flamboyant feminine type of behavior often seen among certain gay men grew up and abusive and/or very violent neighborhoods.

Rather than turning into bloodthirsty violent thugs, some of them dealt with the situation by opting out of their manhood altogether and taking on the role of being a woman as to no longer be targeted or have their manhood challenged.

And this would be the case whether they're actually gay or not!