2ND BLACK PRESIDENT BEN CARSON//

READ   THAT   BLACK  REPUBLICAN   HERMAN  CAIN  SAYS   REPUBLICANS  WILL SUPPORT  DR.  BEN  CARSON  AS  A   REPUBLICAN   PRESIDENTIAL  CANDIDATE/REALLY///DR.  BEN  CARSON SAYS   OBAMACARE   WORSE  THING   SINCE  SLAVERY///NO///AFTER  SLAVERY,BLACK  PEOPLE  SEEN  AS   NOT-HUMAN,COULD NOT  VOTE ,WERE  LYNCHED   ,AND  HANGED,,FORCED  TO  SIT  TO  BACK  OF  THE  BUS,   COLORED  SECTION,  WHITE  ONLY  SIGNS  WERE   UP///LOT  OF  BLACK   PEOPLE  SACRIFICED  SO  HE  CAN  BE WHERE  HE  IS.//SOME  BLACK  PEOPLE  THINK   THEY  HAVE  WHAT THEY  HAVE WITH  OUT  BLACK   HISTORY  SACRIFICING/DOES  DR. BEN  CARSON  REALLY BELIEVE  PRESIDENT  OBAMA  HEALTH  CARE  PLAN  IS  THE  WORSE  THING SINCE  SLAVERY  IN  THIS  COUNTRY//WONDER  WILL THE  TEA  PARTY,  REPUBLICANS   ASK  DR.  BEN CARSON   FOR  HIS  BIRTH  CERTIFICATE... DID  BEN  CARSON  SEE   TEA  PARTY   FOLLOWERS   WAVING  CONFEDERATE FLAGS, SAYING  OBAMA  SHOULD  STOP PRAYING  TO  ALLAH,  STOP  READING THE  KORAN  ,COME  OUT  OF  THE  WHITE  HOUSE   WITH  HIS  HANDS  IN  THE  AIR  LIKE  A  CRIMINAL/////BEN  CARSON LIKES  TEA  PARTY  RAND  PAUL,RAND  PAUL   SOUNDS LIKE  HE BURNS  CROSSES  WEARING  A  SHEET.////MALCOLM  X  PROPHECY    DIVIDED   WE  ARE CONQUERED,.///AMAZING  HOW   THINGS  HAVE  BECOME.///

It seemed extreme, but he actually said it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNTuIxLXAo8

It does not sound as extreme when you hear the statement in context.

At the end of the day everyone in the US should have healthcare, a college education and an affordable place to live.  The country is far to wealthy for this not to be the case.

Ben Carson has the mannerisms of a turtle or a little lamb.

I just don't see him generating the excitement in people necessary to even get on a state ballot let alone winning a national election.
He's similar to Obama in the fact that he's very thoughtful and cereberal, but the man has very little emotional appeal.

You can't confront Vladimir Putin or do business with China's President talking meek and looking sleepy and sheepish in the eyes...lol.

The rapper Mase made a point about being able to walk into a room and see the "bitch" come up out of a person. It's a vulgar but factual way of stating that some people have a talent for smelling weakness.

Troy

At the end of the day everyone in the US should have healthcare, a college education and an affordable place to live. The country is far to wealthy for this not to be the case.

Now this is where my conservatism is aroused, lol.

I'm with you on Universal Healthcare.
You didn't specifically use the word "universal" but it's the only way everyone would get it because charging ANYTHING for health care will automatically dismiss a certain percentage of the population.

But I actually don't believe everyone deserves or should get a college education or have their own place.

We actually have discussions like these in some circles and I've had a lot of time to think about them from various perspectives on which would be best for society.

I don't think it would be a good idea to just let any and everyone into college.
I think only those intellectually qualified should be allowed to go.
However...if you qualify....it should not only be FREE but you should also be supported while going.

Having looked at public housing and welfare programs (in Michigan atleast) I've come to the conclusion that everyone deserves a bed and a hot shower, but not everyone should actually get free housing.

One of my goals is to eliminate DESTITUTION....but not necessarily POVERTY.

And there's a difference between the two....

Pioneer, of course only people who qualify should be allowed into college.  But we have to do a much better of of preparing folks.  Black men are kept out of college because of cost and poor preparation at FAR higher levels than ability.

I did not say "free" housing.  I wrote "affordable".  In places like NYC I see luxury high rises going up everywhere -- the VAST majority of people who live here can not afford those places. People working lower wage jobs don't have very many decent options that are affordable.

Troy

Pioneer, of course only people who qualify should be allowed into college. But we have to do a much better of of preparing folks. Black men are kept out of college because of cost and poor preparation at FAR higher levels than ability.

I believe it.
I also believe it's the "culture" of college life that turns many Black men off.

My idea of a University is a place where people of various backgrounds come together to not only learn but share their culture witheachother.
Instead I see young people from all over the world enrolling just to compete with eachother over who can blend in and imitate White middleclass culture and values the best.
They abandon their beautiful traditional clothes for a t-shirt, jeans, and a dirty pair of gymnshoes and try to imitate Western Whites as much as they can.

I did not say "free" housing. I wrote "affordable". In places like NYC I see luxury high rises going up everywhere -- the VAST majority of people who live here can not afford those places. People working lower wage jobs don't have very many decent options that are affordable.

This is what I call the increased "Third Worlding" of the United States.

All over the Third World you have the urban areas occupied primarily by the rich and upper middleclass while the suburbs and townships are occupied by the povertystricken.  The United States was the opposite for so long but now they're trying to change that by moving the poor out of the inner cities and into the distant rural areas.

Look how they're tearing down the housing projects and not replacing them with affordable housing but with luxury condos like you mentioned.   One of the reasons Roosevelt has been my favorite president is because of his slum clearance programs.
The Federal government was supposed to be incharge of public housing and ensuring the poor had a decent place to live, instead they are actually playing sleazy landlords and cheap motel owners to offer inferior housing to the poor at a much higher rate.