Where in the World is.....

Where is Xeon? There is such a paucity of posters on the board, we couldn't afford to lose one of our main men! But Xeon has gone missing!

Although we agreed to disagree from time to time, Xeon, I appreciated your well-articulated views. Did you desert us for another site? I feel slighted. Where else can you pick a better fight than here? I'm getting rusty. I don't have anyone to argue with. Chrishayden has deserted me for Troy. carey-carey has apparently retreated into the never-never land of non-sequitors, undoubtedly commiserating with a downcast ABM, glum because he is "sans" a "myriad" of booties to salivate over - which further reminds me; what ever happened to our wanna-be this-or-that Serenasailor???

And while I'm at it, this shout-out goes for my "gurls" Yvettep and Ferocious Kitty who have been swallowed up by the ubiquitous Facebook, busily making readers privy to their every move as only a doting mother and aspiring author can do. >>wink-wink<<. Even Kola has given Nafisa Goma time off for good behavior.

Oh well, we still have those keepers of the literary flame, Thumper, Crystal and Linda as well as our faithful Nubian poet laureate And, of course, bookfan, our resident white guy. This is enough to make me consider writing another self-indulgent essay about some other phase of the panorama that has been my life! Let's see. Hummm. Here, here, settle down, people! Just a passing thought.

Wait. What's that you say? Oh. OK. Summertiiiiiiiime and the livin is eeeeeeeeasy.

I think I'll get a resident white guy tee short myself wink.gif

Bookfan, I'm not sure the board is exactly dead -- at least not yet. I can still drop by from time to time and find iteresting things to read.

There are a few things working against the board right now:

1. It is summertime. Summertime is ALWAYS the slowest time of the year for AALBC.com and website traffic in general.
  2. facebook is competing for folks time on-line. I probably spend an average of an hour a day on facebook. I have conversations on facebook that i used to have here. I still think this board (even the old board) is better for holding and preserving ongoing discussions.
  3. We only have 152 registered users now. More imprtantly active uses (always a small percentage of registered users) is way, way down. This is not likely to increase, on it's own, until the fall.
  4. We still have a lot of lurkers -- this is a good thing, and this is likely to increase over time.
  5. I have not make a big effort to promote this board. I'll do more of this going forward -- hopefully some of you will do the same
  6. It seems (let me know what y'all think) that online debating/arguing is waining. Sure people post triades' flames, outbursts and offer opinion, but they do not engage each other in debate as often.
  7. It could also be these types of discussion board are waining in popularity, are going out of style. Seems unless some celebrity controversy is involved people can't be bothered.