CHRISTMAS REFLECTIONS/

THERE''S A   CHRISTMAS   TREE   JUST   INSIDE  MY DOOR. AS I  SIT  LISTENING  TO   OSCAR PETERSON  CHRISTMAS    MUSIC,THINKING   ABOUT THE   PAST  MORE AND  MORE.AS  I PUT   NEW AND  OLD   ORNAMENTS   UPON THE   CHRISTMAS TREE. PUTTING A   BLACK   ANGEL   NEXT TO  THE STAR  FOR  EVERYONE  TO SEE./REMEMBERING   JOYFULLY  CAROLING   IN  THE  NIGHT.THE  CHAOS   PUTTING    UP CHRISTMAS  LIGHTS./IN BED   CHRISTMAS PRESENT FANTASIZING..CHRISTMAS DAY FOOD  ALWAYS  APPETIZING..CHRISTMAS DAY  HEARING  THE  OLD  BLACK  CHURCH   BELL RING.PREACHER  READING   SCRIPTURES., CHILDREN    CHOIR   SINGING   WITH  A  BLACK   NATIVITY KING..COMPASSION  FOR  THE   LESS FORTUNATE, JOYFULLY GIVING.A CANDLE  LIT  REMEMBERING   FAMILY AND FRIENDS  NO LONGER   LIVING..THEN   REALIZING THE BEST  PRESENT NOT UNDER THE TREE.BUT  THE JOY  OF BEING WITH  FRIENDS  AND  FAMILY.

• Like 4

Hey Harry you are absolutely right.

56782d9f91ded_photo2.thumb.JPG.c90c08129

I started buying Christmas trees once I had kids.  This year's tree is not as inspired as Christmases in the past, but it is not too shabby.

I'm not sure how much longer my kids will be living with me--this could be their last year.  I know I won't be dragging trees into the house once they are gone.  I know folks that do multiple trees, in there homes, each year--God bless 'em.

But as you said Harry, the best present is not under the tree -- or even the tree itself, it is the love of family and friends.

Peace and Love!

For grinches like me Christmas, by virtue of the date it is celebrated, is the beginning of the Winter solstice and should, indeed, be a time of peace on earth and good will toward all men as we journey through the darkness, heading toward the light of the Spring solstice and the new birth it represents.

SEASON'S GREETINGS, EVERYONE!

• Like 2

I actually do not like this time of year, not enough sun light for me.  It is only 4:40 p.m. here and the sun set about 10 minutes ago, with the overcast skies it is already dark here.  I'm looking forward to a break, next week, in FL, where the sun sets more than an hour later and the temperatures are ideal (this time of year).

The only saving grace is that the days do start to get longer after tonight.

photo.thumb.jpg.2b914acf0f649f85b7b1656a

You know I've been behind this computer all day.  It was dark when I started, it is dark now.   I'm taking a break in a few to go to the grocery store to pick up some food for dinner.  Then I'll probably work a few more hours, down a couple of glasses of red wine (did you know that is equivalent to going to the gym for two hours), and do the same ting tomorrow.  This is not unusual since I started the website upgrade, but this behavior can't be good for you physically.

Well there is my holiday season in a nutshell