Sign in to follow this  
Troy

Book Festivals I Plan to attend

I actually did not make the Punta Gorda Book Festival, but I did make the Southwest Florida Reading Festival.  I'm probably gonna chill for a while.  

The next book Festival I'm definitely planning to attend is the Sacramento Black Book Festival in June. when I plan to speak about the corporatization of the World Wide Web and how that has adversely impacted the Black book ecosystem. Hopefully, the talk will be more interesting than it sounds :-)

• Like 1

Missed you at the SWFL Reading Festival Troy. Heard you stopped by my booth just as I stepped away for the restroom. By the way, this weekend is the Venice FL Book Fair. If you make it I am at booth 23.

“Poignant, sad, tragic, funny, and compelling…http://www.whitemansdisease.com"

Yeah I'm sorry I missed you @Dr T , I was running the whole time.  Did you do Punta Gorda the previous weekend?  I stopped by Copperfish Books, In Punta Gorda on my way back home it is a neat little store.

I was not aware of the fair in Venice this weekend.  I just added it to my website: https://aalbc.com/events/index.php?st=Florida#Venice+Book+Fair+and+Writers+Festival  

I'll be watching basketball and playing poker with my boys on Saturday.

I did great at PG--relatively speaking given the cost! It was only $25 for authors to vend. I gave a talk for aspiring authors called Writing About Trauma so I did not even have to pay that. There was a lot of foot traffic, music, activities for kids. Crowd was not very diverse but that did not seem to affect interest in my book, surprisingly given its sometimes misunderstood title--White Man's Disease. I have heard Venice is also not diverse; I'll give you a report next week. Best...Paul

• Like 1