Old Is In

I knew if I waited long enough, I’d be back in style. With the public maybe growing tired of anorexic actresses sporting their baby bumps, focus has shifted to the healthy bodies of the past, perspective mummies instead of expectant mommies,

One of the hottest celebs around these days is 86-year-old Betty White who is having a ball with her tongue-in-cheek dirty ol lady persona. Now joining her in the spotlight is 76-year-old Florence Henderson of Brady Bunch fame, appearing as a contestant on "Dancing With The Stars", flashing her bosom and shaking her booty like a 20-something hottie. Not to be out done 76-year-old ageless sex pot Sophia Loren is about to be the cover girl on one of the fashion magazines, while just today here in Chicago 76-year-old feminist icon Gloria Steinem blew into town, still wearing her trendy glasses and shoulder length hair, bitching about not enough female candidates being in the race for the soon to be vacated office of Mayor. 77-year-old Joan Rivers is still doing stand-up comedy, asking "can we talk?", while 77-year-old commedienne Carol Burnett regularly makes guest appearances on various TV series and 77-year- old Joan Collins continues to flit around as if she never stopped being the glamorous diva on "Dynasty", as does 75-year-old chanteuse Diahann Carroll.

You, go Girls! Me? First chance I get, I’m gonna do something young - like go on a diet.

Watta prude. I don't think me or any other senior citizen is concerned with winning the respect of people whom they don't particularly respect. As stupid and extreme as young people of today are, they have no room to diss the older generation. Not only that, some of these famous old broads still look good.

That old maxim you quoted is not "timeless wisdom". "You're only as old as you feel" is an adage more befitting 2010

I recently saw Joan Rivers at a screening of a film about her life. She, like you Cynique, exhibits more life, and has more to say that most people -- regardless of age.

We live in a culture that seems to only give a crap about what some 12 year thinks. The older I get the worse it seems to get.

Middle aged women feel like crap unless they look like they are 18. More and more men are even beginning to act like kids. I see many dudes in their 50's and older, wearing pants below their butts, driving around blasting music, acting like ill-manner children.

So I appreciate the class of a Diahann Carole and the firey independence of Joan Rivers, but I when a elder begins acting like a teenage it just looks silly -- even though other teenagers might think it is cool.