July Newsletter Showcases the Best of the Black Literature

5 hours ago, Troy said:

what did you find most interesting? 

@Troy  I found the whole newsletter interesting and at first I attempted to read it in the order of the layout .  Then I  realized that I didn't want to.  I didn't have the time to invest in reading everything - so instead of reading the subjective topic such as the most popular books,  I decided to invest time in  the "why" of how black books are doing.   

Interesting.  Far and away the most popular links are the bestsellers lists and in the newsletter more popular that that was the list of most critically acclaimed books.

I really like the fact that people are paying attention to that list, as I incorporate more Black award sources it really will be a great list of books.  WInning one award it not enough, so the list of books is pretty good recognizing excellent books overlooked by the mainstream media because the NY Times have not "validated it." These are books Black folks have validated!

3 hours ago, Troy said:

Interesting.  Far and away the most popular links are the bestsellers lists and in the newsletter more popular that that was the list of most critically acclaimed books.

Yes, I would imagine that would be the case. People don't like to be left out of anything.  I tend not to care what everyone else does.  I've read a few self-published books that would never make that list and they tend to be really good reads.   There's one that I wished I had published , Indiscretions by Yolanda Hooks Buick.  It never made any list but this book would rival any women's fiction bestseller.  

So, now I just listen out  for the next great read.  I did want to know though if black books and publishers were making any money.