Sign in to follow this  
Chevdove

Another White Woman Confronting a Black Man Entering His Luxury Apartment-- Racial Profiling

4 hours ago, Chevdove said:

Your point is that these 'stupid Black people' should not do anything against the White women who confront them and attack them, and they should not video them but keep these 'White women's actions quiet'  and that their actions are not harmful.

Obviously you have not read or understood a thing I have written @Chevdove, because your statement above, your assessment of my position is utterly absurd. You apparently have a such a deep seated hatred of white women that your have contorted my impressions beyond recognition.   (I also did not realize the brother was attacked by the white woman.)

4 hours ago, Chevdove said:

I hope that you will stop bullying me and at least allow me to voice my opinion.

The notion that I'm bullying YOU is just plain silly.  You are confusing disagreement and candor with bullying.  You are completely free to express your opinion; the suggestion in your comment that you are not is even more absurd. You obviously don't have a clue how I've run this platform for the last two decades. 

I'm not interested in reading any more opinion pieces about this situation, so I'll skip the article you've linked to.  Again it is more sensationalism which does not serve me, or any of us for that matter. The only ones served here is People magazine -- a publication that never interested me anyway. 

I asked you about the police's reaction because YOU brought them up. I was trying to understand your reasoning.  So you've done some more research to learn more, which again tells me that you did not have this information when you brought them up. Which makes sense given your conclusion.

@Troy  I am surprised at the the tone of your response to ChevDove's last post.  Your dismissal of her argument bristled with indignation over your feeling of being misunderstood.  But you have to take responsibility for some of this because you have been so uncompromising in your opinion.  We have all conceded that there is some validity in your complaint about this incident being over played, but you haven't given an inch in your obstinate stance that you are absolutely right, a belief based on nothing more than your world view.  I am equally surprised at how you overlapped into ad hominem territory.

To me, the post below, quoting the man involved in this incident, shows him to be someone who does not fit into the "stupid" category in which you want to put him.  

9 hours ago, Chevdove said:

To Be A Black man in America, & Come home,
Women tries to stop me from coming into my building because she feels insecure,
Downtown St. Louis luxury loft, because she don’t feel that I belong, never really thought this would happen to me, but it did!
Then 30 mins later police knock on my door, because she called! I was shocked this is America in 2018!

https://people.com/human-interest/woman-who-blocked-black-neighbor-speaks-out/

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Troy said:

You apparently have a such a deep seated hatred of white women

@Troy What suggest this? Now, you are attacking me again, over an incident that went viral about one White woman. 

10 hours ago, Troy said:

(I also did not realize the brother was attacked by the white woman.)

Then why would you not even be accountable for not hearing that part? I posted the videos at the start of this thread. That is why I doubted my assessment after your first comment in this thread! You alluded to the young man NOT having a key fob, so I assumed that I had mis-heard and responded to you that I didn't realize that he did NOT have a key fob, so I went back and relooked and then responded to you later, that I did confirm. He did have a key fob. So, based on your comment that you 'did not realize that she called the police', I gave you the benefit of the doubt and, assumed that I had mis-heard that part too. So I went back and had to confirm. 

10 hours ago, Troy said:

You are confusing disagreement and candor with bullying.  You are completely free to express your opinion

Yeah, well you made it clear that you think this topic that I posted is 'stupid'; that is intimidating, because this topic went viral and was broadcasted in a significant news program, not just People Magazine. 

10 hours ago, Troy said:

You obviously don't have a clue how I've run this platform for the last two decades. 

No, I guess I don't

10 hours ago, Troy said:

Again it is more sensationalism which does not serve me, or any of us for that matter

Okay, so you speak for everyone even though this went viral? 

10 hours ago, Troy said:

So you've done some more research to learn more, which again tells me that you did not have this information when you brought them up

I gave you the benefit of the doubt, since you kept questioning on this point, so I went back to confirm. I doubted because I just did not expect that point would be overlooked.

9 hours ago, Cynique said:

We have all conceded that there is some validity in your complaint about this incident being over played,

@Cynique Thank you. I can not agree with her being fired for this incident going viral, and responded that I could not conclud objectively.

Edited by Chevdove
grammar

18 hours ago, Cynique said:

but you haven't given an inch in your obstinate stance that you are absolutely right, a belief based on nothing more than your world view.  I am equally surprised at how you overlapped into ad hominem territory.

Again you and Chevdove's confusion on this point is becoming irksome.  I NEVER said my opinion was right.  I said out the box neither you or I know what was in the woman's heart. We are all just giving opinions. What I have been rejecting is the reasoning for you too saying my opinion is wrong.  I've been accused of favoring a white woman over a Black man which is ludicrous and not understanding overt racism... an you want to accuse me of ad hominem?! 

Maybe we some more testosterone in this debate because you two women take every disagreement I have on this issue as if I'm making a personal attack.  While I'm not surprised that a relative newbie like @Chevdove would take my statements this way, I'm surprised that you are reacting this way.  Again, I submit that maybe the reason is your perception of my supporting Miss Ann --- I dunno, you tell me why this particular issue struck  nerve with you.

Chedove, In my book just because something goes viral does not mean it is relevant or serves Black people very well. I'd argue much of what goes viral on social media, and our oversized attention it, does us more harm than good and only services the media companies that broadcast and agitate the situation.

I'm glad you agree that losing a job over a minor altercation during personal time it an overreaction.  I suspect she was fired because she. is not exactly a valued employee and they used the situation as an excuse.

Your use of the work "Attack" Chevdove differs from mine. It seems it does not take much  for you to call something an attack.  As in the woman attacked the man in the lobby and I attacked you by expressing an opinion that disagrees with yours.  These are not "attacks;" these are examines of hyperbole. I engage in hyperbole from time to time to emphasize a point, but I never actually believe my exaggerations.

• Like 1

Troy

Maybe we some more testosterone in this debate because you two women take every disagreement I have on this issue as if I'm making a personal attack.

Lol......
So NOW maybe you see the importance of AfroAmerican men having a code!

It's clear that the women ARE on code with eachother.....as usual.

Problem is too many Black men want unity and help when THEY PERSONALLY get into trouble, but when it comes to other Black men....they're on their own.
Their conflict with the greater society is something to laugh at or is justified.

I'm not suggesting that YOU can't handle yourself or are in trouble, but that "I'm in it for me" mentality that exists among so many AfroAmerican men is what leads to a fractured and disorganized community.

Incase anyone was wondering, I'm not sure about Del's reasons but I've PURPOSELY refrained from commenting on this matter because I don't think my opinion on the REAL reason behind it and other situations like it would be well received anyway.

@TroyWe need an outside arbitrator because i think you are guilty of the same things you accuse us of. Objectivity is in short supply here. Also,  people don't realize how they come across when expressing themselves in writing.   Maybe this communication  problem has something to do with attitude which transcends words and settles itself in the spaces between them.  i felt like you were talking down to us, "mansplaining" and seeming to shake  your head at how silly you found our arguments to be.   I also felt that your beef had more to do with your detesting the media than whether or not the condo guy's response was justified. 

You imply that labeling  your position as an "opinion" absolves you from thinking it was "absolutely right".  Tell me, who posts an opinion they don't think is absolutely right? When i twice suggested that we agree to disagree, you never went along with this, giving me the impression that you were reluctant to legitimize my argument by calling the debate a "draw".    And, of course, this is a subjective conclusion on my part.   

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Troy said:

8 hours ago, Troy said:

I've been accused of favoring a white woman over a Black man which is ludicrous and not understanding overt racism..

@Troy Okay. Point received. You had said that you didn't realize certain details, and so, in this, I can understand why your earlier assessment and opinions were as they had been. I woult suppose that operating the kind of business that you do, causes you to have to sift through a lot of material, and I could understand why you may skim certain articles and perhaps skip over some details. 

8 hours ago, Troy said:

Maybe we some more testosterone in this debate because you two women take every disagreement I have on this issue as if I'm making a personal attack.

LOL. Troy, all I can say is, 'I am a @Cynique groupie!!!--- You pulverized me! I am no match for you!---

8 hours ago, Troy said:

Chedove, In my book just because something goes viral does not mean it is relevant or serves Black people very well.

yes, I can agree with that in some cases.

8 hours ago, Troy said:

I suspect she was fired because she. is not exactly a valued employee and they used the situation as an excuse.

maybe. I think this system is in need of restructuring because people can lose their jobs for anything nowadays. 

LOL--I am going to have to look up the definition of 'hyperbole' before I can respond.

6 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

Incase anyone was wondering, I'm not sure about Del's reasons but I've PURPOSELY refrained from commenting on this matter because I don't think my opinion on the REAL reason behind it and other situations like it would be well received anyway.

@Pioneer1 LOL. Uh oh. okay. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

Problem is too many Black men want unity and help when THEY PERSONALLY get into trouble, but when it comes to other Black men....they're on their own.

Maybe you are right.

8 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

REAL reason behind it and other situations like it would be well received anyway.

LOL! Since when are you concerned about your reasoning being well received -- spit it out man!  Besides the reasons I'm hearing for making this a federal case makes no damn sense to me so far.

@Pioneer1, if a woman tried to stop you from entering your own apartment would you make a video of it and put in youtube?  Seems like a childish, almost punk-like way of handling this (not something I'd expect a woman to understand).  Some of the Brothers I know would have just showered her to the side and entered -- end of story.  I don't get these social-media-people sometimes...

7 hours ago, Cynique said:

Maybe this communication  problem has something to do with attitude which transcends words and settles itself in the spaces between them. 

Perhaps you are right, but this too is subjective based upon the recipient's own lense.  Sometimes when what you expressed is so distorted from both what you intended to communicate and your actual belief it is hard to understand.  What the listener is thinking.

@Cynique, sure people believe their opinions but that is an entirely different thing than what is true what is factual.  People hold opinions about things that are demonstrably false. We are all entitled to our opinions... Now we disagree about the relative importance of this situation. I think it is of no real consequence and certainly not newsworthy.  You and Chevdove disagree.  Fine.

Yes my increasing disdain for the media informs my opinion because were it not for the media -- I don't read ANYTHING on Twitter unless it is directed to me, and I definitely don;t follow 45.  However I am subjected his every tweet if it is incendiary and factually incorrect the more likely I'm to know about it.  Twitter is losing active users by the droves -- why login to Twitter when mainstream media repeats everything there anyway?

2 hours ago, Chevdove said:

Troy, all I can say is, 'I am a @Cynique groupie!!!

Me too

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Troy

Despite the urge to do so, I wouldn't have put my hands on her.
That would be just the excuse she needs to justify assault charges.
The building cameras wouldn't have caught her blocking me from getting into my apartment or following me around but I guarantee it would have caught me if I had put my hands on her.

Actually I would have video taped her and called the police on her and quite possibly pressed charges.

As far as the REAL reason she and others like her have been calling the cops on AfroAmericans......
They aren't doing it because they're "afraid" or sincerely believe criminal activity is going on. I believe they are doing it HOPING that the police will show up and seriously injure or kill the the person they called them on.

These racists are using the police to do THEIR dirty work for them.

It's called "swatting".

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Chevdove said:

@Pioneer1 I never heard of that term before. Interesting. 

It's called "swatting" because it started off with racists making anonymous calls to police departments reporting threats that cause the departments to send out their S.W.A.T. teams in response and people ended up getting shot by accident as a result.

If you notice, all of this infactuation with calling the police for any and every little minor thing actualy started AFTER the rash of police killings that were caught on video a few years ago.

In the mind of an ignorant racist who wants to hurt or kill a Black person but either isn't courageous enough to do so or perhaps still has a bit of morality preventing them on acting.....they figure a good strategy would be to "trick" or  "egg on" the police to do so.

If the police were punishing these people, fining them, and berating them for calling them for any minor thing instead of automatically taking their side.....it would end immediately.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

If you notice, all of this infactuation with calling the police for any and every little minor thing actualy started AFTER the rash of police killings that were caught on video a few years ago.

@Pioneer1 WOW! Thank you! I learned something new! I remember though, years ago, this was a problem in public schools, where kids would call and threatened that they planted bombs. But, I think this is not easy to process under the law. But yes, I think that there should be some kind of consequence to this situation here. 

I looked up this term, SWATTER and SWATTING:

What is swatting?

Swatting refers to “false reporting an emergency to public safety by a person for the intent of getting a (‘SWAT team’) response to a location where no emergency exists,” according to the National 911 Program. Oftentimes, the caller will report serious crimes, such as a home invasion, shooting or hostage situation, to ensure a robust police response, the National 911 Program adds. Swatters often use caller ID spoofing and other tactics to make the call appear legitimate while simultaneously hiding their identities.

http://time.com/5082806/what-is-swatting-tyler-barriss-troy-livingston/

Swatterunknown

A person who makes false/deliberately exaggerated reports to the police regarding a crime committed

or a disaster occurring, usually via 911. In most states, doing so is a criminal offense.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Swatter

As I posted earlier, there was a recent situation a few weeks ago in North Charleston where the manager of a convenience store, A White woman, called the police and said she wanted the police to come and she said something like, 'It's like a riot out here'... LOL. And actually, it was a bunch of little children and women and maybe one or two older men, They call her 'Gas Station Gail'.