I Watched Oprah Yesterday and It was a Good Program

I was in the gym yesterday, on a treadmill, channel surfing and noticed Oprah and Iyanla talking to each other. I was like "whoa!" I stopped surfing and checked out the conversation. it was very interesting. It did not seem at all orchestrated or rehearsed. It seemed real. I thought the dialog was quite enlightening, This was the first time I'd watched the Orprah program for more that 5 minutes in maybe 20 years. This episode was quite compelling.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ega5sPXbthc

More on the Oprah Website

http://www.oprah.com/oprahshow/Meet-Iyanla-Vanzant-Video

Yes, Oprah is going out with a bang. All of her shows in this, her final season, have been compelling mostly because the topics usually contain an element of gossip.

And we now see why Oprah has survived and Ms. Vanzant faltered. Vanzant appeared unstable and flustered and came across more like a buffoon than a spiritual guru qualified to dispense coping advice. But, "O" remained unflappable, - in total control.

Cynique, I agree. The interview did not make Iyanla appear spirtually centered at all. Honestly I think it hurt her in terms of that perspective. She simply came across like any other woman -- which is why the conversation seemed "real".

Indeed Iyanla looked like she could use a spirtual guru.

Oprah came across as very, very powerful.

I was talking to someone who said if Iyanla was white Orpah would have been a lot nicer to her.

It then made me consider that Orpah may have simply used the controversy with Iyanla to bolster ratings (it got my attention).

There was some speculation that Oprah would be giving Iyanla a show. Now I missed the beginning and end of the interview, but I would be surprised if that happned. It did not appear that Oprah was setting Iyanla up for that.

I know they say no pubicity is bad, but I'm not sure how the interview helped Iyanla profile as a spiritual healer.

Oprah did delay publicly revealing that she had a long lost half-sister in order to gain ratings by announcing that she had a secret to reveal on an upcoming show, and I'm sure her having Whoopi on an earlier show to clear up their misunderstanding was calculated. So "O" has no qualms about doing whatever it takes to bolster her viewership.

It took a superstar quarterback to fake Oprah out. Her hopes of scoring a first down by interviewing Michael Vick were de-railed when he cancelled his scheduled appearance. 'Guess Oprah was a pit bull that Vick didn't want to tangle with. :o

Haha, Cynique!

You know I dated Vick's cousin Quentin last year. Was fun.

As for OPRAH...she stated at the beginning of this season that she would

use her FINAL SHOWS to squash & resolve some long-standing hard feelings.

I think she is doing that more than going for ratings.

The situation with her sister was aired relatively FAST considering Oprah

just found out at Thanksgiving!!