Dream Detroit Skating Academy

************************************************************************************

It's fantastic that those ladies are figure skating, but when

I think of skating as an activity, I think of roller skating. 

That's what we used to do back in the day and I loved it.  

But I'd probably have a heart attack if I tried these moves

that they are doing now.

************************************************************************************

@Mzuri conditioning is the key, athletes play in thier 30s , near 40s some after 40s all based on conditioning, not age, find the time and slowly build yourself up and you can do those moves, it takes time, it takes time, but you can get there...now you may have to take time off your crypto analysis so:) ... get out there and dance on the roller skates

in terms of rollerskating, I like skateboarding plus roller derby. IN NYC many rollerskating rinks exists and I have been to a few, but that dancing on rollerskates or congenial activity on rollerskates never clicked for me

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, richardmurray said:

conditioning is the key, athletes play in thier 30s , near 40s some after 40s all based on conditioning, not age, find the time and slowly build yourself up and you can do those moves, it takes time, it takes time, but you can get there...now you may have to take time off your crypto analysis so:) ... get out there and dance on the roller skates

We used to go roller skating/dancing all the 

time.  I even had my own skates.

I had so much FUN roller skating, probably 

more fun than almost anything.

But I am 60+ now and I know my limitations.

Trust me, I can't do those moves anymore,

not on roller skates.

And I definitely can't risk a fall because I 

have a herniated disk in my lower back.

But I enjoyed watching those videos. 

There's a whole bunch of skating vids 

on YouTube.

It's not for everyone and that is fine.

Roller derby seems cool, but I never tried it.

Just watched.

Yep. On the other side of 50 years old, there's a lot to leave to younger folks. Had fun skating several decades ago. I'm fine behind the wheel of my truck now.😁

I'm glad that skating academy exists. Whatever it takes for folks to get exercise and burn energy in a positive way is a great thing.😎

• Like 1