The Legal Definition of 'A MASS SHOOTING'

The Legal Definition of 'A MASS SHOOTING'

Now I understand the 'legal' definition of a MASS SHOOTING. 

Prior to this video that came up on my channel, I did not agree with recent reports of mass shootings when only two or three people had been victimized. 

But in this video it was explained that our laws dictate how a mass shooting is defined.

There is a recent and very sad event that occurred and although I do not know all of the details, it has caused some people to be angry. 

The video [of which I refuse to watch the graphic parts of it] appears to show the a young man who initially had a gun, but when he saw the police, he threw the gun away, however, the police shot him anyway. They shot him multiple times. And, other people were apparently also shot.

While many whine and cry at the mention of "institutional racism", we do have something "systematic" going on here. It has been discussed that cops, white cops that is, often have an "innateU" fear reaction to black people. I mean in interaction with black people, a white cop will flip into SHOOT! mode quickly, far more quickly than with a white, because the white cops simply fear blacks more than they fear whites. Now this is not an "institutionalized" phenomenon in the sense that there is some training to this effect, or rules governing it, but it is a consistent pattern. and it is institutionalized in the sense that much in our culture TEACHES people that blacks are: emotional, irrational, angry, volatile, violent. amoral, etc. A cop can pull over a black lawyer and he sees a gangsta thug.

I've heard whites many times express anguish over having encountered a "big black guy". A big white guy apparently isn't a problem...

The 2 of us here... we're in the country, and a few weeks ago an unmarked large white van pulled into the driveway. I was immediately apprehensive, wondering who it was, and my fear was that it was some white-right militia. When I saw a "big black guy" get out of the van, I relaxed. Oh cool, he's black, I thought. The guy was from USPS in an unmarked truck, delivering a package. Afterward, I said to my fellow traveler here, that was weird, I was fearful and moving toward the gun when that truck came in until I saw the black guy and then I relaxed. So... am I racist? (We're both white.) She said, no, that's not racist, we have good reason to fear the whites.

This is a reversal of the usual reaction by whites, apparently, who "instinctively" (due to cultural training/brainwash, really) fear black people. We were thinking, why are we different? She said it was simply because we were around black people a lot and knew them, so didn't react to them based on stereotypes, while we've had bad experiences with the whites and know that many of them wish us dead (for being Democrats).

Is this country (USA) goddam crazy or WHAT?

• Like 1

Chev

Violence is is so high and out of control in the United States today that they have to constantly change and re-arrange the definitions to keep up with what's happening in the streets and make this nation NOT look as barbaric as it really is.

Michael Montvert

because the white cops simply fear blacks more than they fear whites.

Is it because they really "fear" Blacks or is it a natural and innate hatred that they sometimes can't control?

Whites in this nation have been around Blacks long enough, many of them pretty much know Black people and how much of a threat we may or may not pose to them.  
So I don't completely buy that they were in fear for their lives.  I think it's a convenient excuse many of them use so as to not look so cold blooded.

Now this is not an "institutionalized" phenomenon in the sense that there is some training to this effect, or rules governing it, but it is a consistent pattern. and it is institutionalized in the sense that much in our culture TEACHES people that blacks are: emotional, irrational, angry, volatile, violent. amoral, etc.

his is a reversal of the usual reaction by whites, apparently, who "instinctively" (due to cultural training/brainwash, really) fear black people. 

You're right and that's PART of it.
But some of it is just natural and innate.

I agree with your initial assessment of it being "instinct" because I believe most Whites have an innate hatred for and sense of superiority over Black people that they have to actually work to overcome.

Instead of being taught TO hate...I think most Whites have to be taught NOT to hate.

20 hours ago, Michel Montvert said:

Afterward, I said to my fellow traveler here, that was weird, I was fearful and moving toward the gun when that truck came in until I saw the black guy and then I relaxed. So... am I racist? (We're both white.) She said, no, that's not racist, we have good reason to fear the whites.

This can have other deeper meanings too, though.

I feel that it times, some people don't fear big black men, because of the systematic suppression that have caused many of them to not be a threat anymore in some circumstances. So, it can be sort of like an insult and mockery. So it depends on what type of cultural background you come from that causes you to not be afraid, whereas another person might be.

I also feel that our educational system is behind all of this issue as well and many Black people may not realize that this type of fear goes way back before America, times in history whereby there were predominantly 'Black' armies that did conflict with White force and this has led to deep-seeded hatred towards Black people and many Black people here in America are not aware of it and don't know why some White people seem to hate us so much with no apparent valid reason. 

I think that sometimes, Black people are victims of the Stockholm Syndrome and at times, may be willing to defend racist even against the kind of White people that have went all out and fought for our freedom and this too, plays into the craziness that is going on today. These few police that are killing Black people would be affectively dealt with, I feel, if Black people would utilize the help from others that agree that this is not normal.

Anyway, thanks for your comment!

All dysfunction in America is a byproduct of the system of racism white supremacy and refusal to atone for its original sin...slavery.

"Ignorant" White people perpetuate hatred of Black folks and pass it down from one generation to the next.

Well meaning White folks aren't gung ho about giving up their white privilege and preserve their inheritance from one generation to the next. 

in the meantime, Black folks spend their lives trying to thrive and survive within the prison of racism white supremacy. 

Stockholm Syndrome has definitely been in effect for many Black folks over several generations. White folks have given some just enough to earn their trust, sympathy and support.

Prisoners of war do whatever it takes to survive.  But, most of them do not try to escape. 😎

• Like 1

On 8/21/2022 at 1:07 PM, Chevdove said:

This can have other deeper meanings too, though.

I feel that it times, some people don't fear big black men, because of the systematic suppression that have caused many of them to not be a threat anymore in some circumstances. So, it can be sort of like an insult and mockery. So it depends on what type of cultural background you come from that causes you to not be afraid, whereas another person might be.

I also feel that our educational system is behind all of this issue as well and many Black people may not realize that this type of fear goes way back before America, times in history whereby there were predominantly 'Black' armies that did conflict with White force and this has led to deep-seeded hatred towards Black people and many Black people here in America are not aware of it and don't know why some White people seem to hate us so much with no apparent valid reason. 

I think that sometimes, Black people are victims of the Stockholm Syndrome and at times, may be willing to defend racist even against the kind of White people that have went all out and fought for our freedom and this too, plays into the craziness that is going on today. These few police that are killing Black people would be affectively dealt with, I feel, if Black people would utilize the help from others that agree that this is not normal.

Anyway, thanks for your comment!

You speak truth, certainly. I think my reaction to that guy was basically "oh good, he's not white". If he'd been Arab or Hispanic I'd have had the same reaction.

But yeah there is a lot of subliminal racism and attitudes we all harbor of which we're not even aware. We've been bombarded with this crap all our lives. It makes black people doubt themselves, it makes whites fearful and crazy, and so on...

We can only keep on striving for sanity and liberation!

• Like 1