AALBC Raffle: Win a Deluxe Signed Edition of President Obama’s A Promised Land

Troy

Hey ya'll, as AALB.com enters its 25th year (I began working on the site in October of 1997 and launched the domain in March 1998), I'm doing a bit more than I usually do to promote the site and raise money for it.

I'm planning an upgrade to the site which includes a refresh to the site's design and tech stack.  This will be the first time anyone, other than myself has worked on the website.  Having others to work on the site is long overdue, but building the site myself kept costs down, which is what has allowed me to keep the site afloat for so long, weathering many challenges.

But doing all the work myself has also constrained growth and this is something I hope to remedy, with your help, over the course of the next year.

Learn More and Get Your Raffle Here

• Like 1

• Troy changed the title to AALBC Raffle: Win a Deluxe Signed Edition of President Obama’s A Promised Land
  • Troy pinned this topic
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This prize has been awarded and I felt good about the person who won. Here is a note that she shared with me when I asked if she would send me her photo:

"Also, I would be honored to take a photo with the book, and I would like to share it with my 93-year-old grandmother as well.  And I will also ensure that her picture is taken with it too.  This is such an honor.  Next month, my mother and I are flying to Washington, DC, to hear Mrs. Obama on her new tour.  This is so exciting. "

Only 127 raffles were purchased of those who purchased raffles two people brought 30 raffles each -- those two had, almost, a 50% chance of winning -- which is not a bad chance considering other copies of the book are going $800 or more on the secondary markets.

• Like 1

• Troy unpinned this topic

barack-obama-book-photo.jpgT

This is the winner of the book: Ashley Harding, of Santa Monica, CA. She is pictured with her grandmother Ella Ruth Jones (93 years old) holding the prize. Ms. Jones considers Barack Obama her 4th “son.” Ashley, a huge fan of the Obamas, was very happy to win and her joy touched my heart.

Congrats to Ashley, and thanks to everyone who entered the raffle. Your entries will help us enrich the lives of many others with great books.