We Need To Unite With EACHOTHER First Pt2

😏Lol....I know good and well I shouldn't be cluttering up the board with this excess thread but I guess I'm just trying to be cute.

To those who feel AfroAmericans NEED to go out of our way to form alliances and coalitions with other groups outside of our community in order to be successful:

-We are statistically tied with Latinos for the largest demographic behind White Americans, so we have the numbers

-We have more political power than any other demographic except White Americans.

-
And although it's disproportionate, I "believe" we actually have more WEALTH than any other group outside of White Americans!
Asians and Latinos have a lot of wealth and pound for pound Asians may be the wealthiest, but in terms of actual wealth itself I believe we STILL have more actual wealth as a community than anybody else in this nation outside of White Americans.
But I stand to be corrected if I'm wrong.

So why do we need these other groups?

What benefit are they to us?

At this point, they are just more competition.....liabilities......not assets.

I'm not saying we SHOULDN'T make coalitions and alliances.
We can....and it would be nice....but we don't NEED to.

The only thing we NEED to do is unite.....as much as we can...with eachother.

image.png.cd4cc5105ef66c18c17e34dc2d4341af.png

Unite the Black man with the Black woman.
Unite the Black Christian with the Black Muslim
Unite the Black Democrat with the Black Republican (who ain't selling out)
Unite the Black Blood with the Black Crip
Unite the Black Gangsta Disciple with the Black Vice Lord
Unite the FBA with the Black American who's immediate ancestors were immigrants

THAT'S the type of unity I want to see!!!

• Like 1

As I mentioned in another thread, ideally, AfroAmericans should be able to run a self-sustaining community (city, state or country) from top to bottom without needing help from any outsiders. 

Once the program is tight (codified and unified), only then would it make sense to pursue strategic alliances that benefit AfroAmericans equally.😎

What you mentioned starts with SELF LOVE.

If you don't love or respect yourself, you won't be able to get along with yourself long enough to get any of those projects off the ground.

Black folks arguing and fighting with eachother over the pettiest of issues until a White or atleast some non-Black person comes over with a grin on their face often times SINCERELY puzzled as to what the problem is and why these niggas hate eachother so much and are ready to get violent -calmly settles the differences so we can all get back to work.

((shakes head))

I'm convinced that many of those who keep pushing for alliances with others OVER alliances and unity with ourselves FIRST are really in love with and attracted to these other groups and see them as superior and more worthy of getting along with and working with than their own.
I've seen this on jobs, in community organizing, etc....how some of our people won't even come to a meeting or show up unless they think Whites or Latinos will be there for them to smooch and snuggle up to be it for sex or friendship.

They don't even seek them out for business and financial gain, which I could understand.
I can understand if you'd rather have a "unity rally" with Latinos than with other AfroAmericans because of some financial benefit you stand to gain like getting a bag from them or some sort of business deal.
I don't agree with it.....it's selling out....but I do UNDERSTAND why you're doing it.
But just begging the Asians and Latinos to come to the meeting or going to there functions ONLY to sit next to them and crack jokes or maybe get a hug and a kiss or some coochie???

That says you think more highly of them than you do yourself.

You desire THEIR prensence more than you desire the presence of your own.

And truth be told....that's one of the MAJOR reasons this site doesn't do more traffic as far as discussions go.
A lot of Black folks don't want to participate in a forum with ONLY other Black folks because they don't think other Black folks are worthy of their time and energy.
They'd rather "show off" and run their mouths infront of an audience of non-Blacks whom they feel are superior and more appreciative.

• 2 months later...

A lot of African Americans see at least one or other type of AA as inferior or an enemy to themselves, which is why I don't believe unity will ever really happen.

I see more and more AA's talking about leaving most others behind because "we can't save everybody". Now they never really say what the plan is when leaving people behind but apparently that's become the general sentiment. 

• Like 1