2023 National Black Writers Conference Biennial Symposium (#NBWC2023)
2023 National Black Writers Conference Biennial Symposium will be guided by this year’s theme:
“The Beautiful Struggle: Black Writers Lighting the Way.”
Events will be held live and virtually on Friday, March 31 – Saturday, April 1, 2023.
Black speculative fiction encompasses and blurs the genres of magical realism, futurism, horror, fantasy, paranormal, and mythology. These imaginative stories enable writers to create alternative and futuristic worlds, narratives rooted in traditional beliefs and spirituality, and compelling stories that center the Black experience. The stories also raise questions about colonialism, racism, identity, and gender.
Click the author’s name to learn more about tyheir work and to buy their books. All books sales, on this site, support the missions of the Center for Black Literature and AALBC.
Discover More Great Events Previously Hosted by the Center for Black Literature:
- The 16th National Black Writers Conference (2022)
- An Evening with Honorée Fanonne Jeffers
- An Evening with Uwem Akpan
- Black Women Writers at Work: A Literary Salon
- The Art of the Short Story: An Evening with Danielle Evans and Jocelyn Nicole Johnson
- 2021 National Black Writers Conference Biennial Symposium: They Cried I Am: The Life and Work of Paule Marshall and John A. Williams, Unsung Black Literary Voices
- The Center for Black Literature’s Next Event (or most recently held one)