Boy the are really beating up on TikTok

I wish American legislators were as aggressive with the misinformation propagated on American platforms.  TikTok is a threat in terms of revenue, as Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube are all trying to mimic the platform.  They are all manipulation engines designed to generate profit.  

Are we afraid that China will use the data against us to spread misinformation in the United States?  Facebook has already allowed Russians to do this.  

AALBC in recent weeks has become a platform where misinformation is being propagated.   Someone posted here that the average IQ on the African Continent is 70!

I had half a mind to delete that false information but chose not to.  I felt the person who made the post really believed what they were posting, as opposed to being a racist troll just trying to crap on these forums.  It is a very thin line between those behaviors, and it is more art than science trying to discern the difference.

Like most people, the person who posed that fake fact will not have their mind changed. My only hope is that someone who reads that nonsense will read the arguments against and learn something.  @frankster has been invaluable in dispatching those racist arguments.  

To prevent the ideas from being expressed is to make believe they do not exist and limits one's perspective.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Troy said:

Like most people, the person who posed that fake fact will not have their mind changed. My only hope is that someone who reads that nonsense will read the arguments against and learn something

This is  what Frantz Fanon, a much-quoted psychologist popular among 1960 militants, defined as cognitive dissonance.  it's a mental state akin to possession,  a mind-set where your  whole world  would collapse if your beliefs are relinquished. So denial takes over.. This does not bode well for the future of America.  It won't be weapons and technology that bring about an implosion.  It will be what is at the root of every  Empire's downfall; a clash of entrenched beliefs.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Troy said:

I wish American legislators were as aggressive with the misinformation propagated on American platforms.  TikTok is a threat in terms of revenue, 

Are we afraid that China will use the data against us to spread misinformation in the United States?  Facebook has already allowed Russians to do this. 

Politicians are all about money.  They don't give two f8cks about the people they "serve".

The "threats" posed by China and Russia are political smoke screens too. 

Notice how under the previous administration there was no conflicts between the US and China and Russia.

All of a sudden, Russia has invaded Ukraine and China is threatening Taiwan.  War games.  Conflicts = revenue.

TikTok is allowed to flourish because the US is getting more out of than entertainment.  Follow the money.  Watch their hands.😎