Dr. Cornel West Running for POTUS

Dr.  Cornel West has tossed his hat into the POTUS race on the People's Party ticket.

https://www.newsweek.com/cornel-west-2024-presidential-bid-peoples-party-ukraine-russia-war-1804730

Of course, Democrats will be upset with Dr. West for taking votes away from their base.

Neither Democrats nor the GOP has a candidate capable of holding a candle up to Dr. West intellectually.

Unfortunately, politics is about raising money and BSing people. Intelligence is not a prerequisite or requirement. 

Nonetheless, it will be interesting to hear Dr. West outline his agenda for getting America ro pay its debt to AfroAmericans and becoming a more perfect union.😎

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, ProfD said:

Dr.  Cornel West has tossed his hat into the POTUS race on the People's Party ticket.

https://www.newsweek.com/cornel-west-2024-presidential-bid-peoples-party-ukraine-russia-war-1804730

Of course, Democrats will be upset with Dr. West for taking votes away from their base.

Neither Democrats nor the GOP has a candidate capable of holding a candle up to Dr. West intellectually.

Unfortunately, politics is about raising money and BSing people. Intelligence is not a prerequisite or requirement. 

Nonetheless, it will be interesting to hear Dr. West outline his agenda for getting America ro pay its debt to AfroAmericans and becoming a more perfect union.😎

He has always been a role model for me......Now all his dirty laundry will be aired - hope he survives it.

2 hours ago, frankster said:

He has always been a role model for me......Now all his dirty laundry will be aired - hope he survives it.

Dr. Cornel West may not be as Samsonite-free as former POTUS Obama in terms of baggage but I doubt that a closet full of skeletons will spill out either.   

Unless they try to tie him to Bill Cosby or R. Kelly, at 70 years old, I don't think Dr. West has any past transgressions that will come back to haunt him.😁

However, it will be interesting to see if they try to round up dirty laundry bags on Dr. West especially considering the cast of characters in the wannabe POTUS field.

The former POTUS has more dirt on him than a graveyard but white folks are content with allowing the clown's elephant to trample over everything in the house.😎

@ProfD 

yeah I heard. Again, why is it 99% of the third parties in the usa, since the two party system, never choose to actually grow from the bottom to the top?

the People's party first campaign is this one for Cornell West. Their first campaign. How can you expect to win a majority of  50 states when you have no presence in any state?

Cornell west and many others before him, like Ross PErot, have differences in many ways, but all of them , regardless of their knowledge, clearly lack erudition in terms of government. The people's party has a website that is willing to accept money, has a bunch of goals, but has no process. Has no examples to show what they can do in smaller ways? 

https://www.peoplesparty.org/

I should not had but I went to Cornell WEst's  website. 

I quote him 

I am running for truth and justice as a presidential candidate for the People’s Party to reintroduce America to the best of itself - fighting to end poverty, mass incarceration, ending wars and ecological collapse, guaranteeing housing, health care, education and living wages for all! 

What is Cornell West, a member of GI Joe the cartoon. And moreover, based on his introductory statement he is forgetting the USA can't be reintroduced to something it wasn't. When did the USA guarantee housing/guarantee healthcare/guarantee education/guarantee living wages/ guarantee ecological maintenance/... this made me laugh the usa is ending wars, the usa has started or propelled most of the wars since the year 1900/ the USA for over 150 years, which all black people know, has been the king of incarceration/ and the usa has always had extreme poverty, what do you think a slave is financially but poor. 

Ahh what is the process. 

But I will entertain this as this involves black leadership and cornell west is a black leader. 

First he is running for truth and justice, those are concepts, not people. What is the definition of truth or justice? He offers none. Why does it matter? You need to define how you determine a concept. Humans beings have never concurred on what is truth or justice. So you need to define it strictly so people can be clear on how you view it in terms of policy. 

Second, reintroduce the USA to the best of itself. Well, he explains what the best of the usa is, but the one big problem is most of what he states has no historical basis. So this is an error to me. The truthful thing to say is,  introduce the usa to the best of what it can be.  The USA hasn't been any of the things he defines as the best of in the usa's history. 

Third, how to make the things he wants to happen

A. end poverty- well, simple equation. revenue earned per person+ financial assistance per person > cost of utilities+cost of food+ cost of clothing+ cost of healthcare. The problem is, the labor market in the usa has never supported the majority, again, slavery as a system is great for fiscal captalism. It allows for humans to be kept in a negative financial state legally which allows for the process of fiscal capitalism to play out and influence most free folk positively, cause the enslaved are taking a constant financial hit. So what is the solution to end poverty? Government assistance, or more bluntly, printing money and giving it to people or when people need, ala healthcare. But, this will not lower cost of items so this is a constant growth of printing money

B. end mass incarceration- well, legalize prostitution + legalize loitering in public places like parks/sidewalks<not assault but loitering and not in residencies or private property but public places>+legalize all sales or possessions of drugs: from the heavy like cocaine, to the middle like nicotine  or alcohol or to the light, like marijuana+ legalize all gambling, no restrictions anywhere meaning playing dice in the streets it allowed+ legalize all gun sales. The Black community knows this more than most. Black people used illegal means cause we were not allowed legal means by whites. It is simple. Most humans aren't killers but most are not going to fool themselves into low servitudes for the sake of legality.  But in a very christian country with many self righteous people, legalization like I just suggested will have many opponents.

C. Ending wars :) this makes me laugh. This is probably the hardest of all. I don't know how a country with seven fleets/three airforce commands/a satellite flleet/three submarine fleets/ a drone army/the CIA/the FBI/the NSA/and of course privateers like Blackwater is going to end wars when they are the genesis of most wars. The fiscally wealthy in the USA + the military community  is not going to go back to isolationism as before the first phase of the european imperial wars, commonly called world war one. So this one is hard and I will not spend more than a minute on each of these. 

D. Ecological collapse well, the USA is going to need an army to tell other countries how to use their resources. At the end of the second phase of the european imperial wars it was possible to get most governments in humanity to guide their economies but today, it is too late outside of using force, but of course, if you want to end wars, you can't start wars so... the good news is, the earth can survive humanity's destruction. 

E. The guarantees: housing+healthcare+education+living wages. all these things in fiscal capitalism require money. To guarantee them means at the moment, the usa is going to print money like never before, to guarantee them. Now, a problem exists. How can the usa tell china or russia to not print money for their people ? how can the usa not give some members of the european union or the european union itself the ability to print money? if every major government is printing money where does the financial markets reside in all this? I quote a banker, fiscal capitalsim absent penalty isn't fiscal capitalsim. The ability to be broke/penniless/kicked out/totally indebted is part of the natural cycle of fiscal capitalism, to guarantee means that someone's financial ledger has to be totally made up somewhere and why should only one be made up. 

I conclude with function. 

Points A+ E policy wise, law wise , mean print money and pay for things. And woe be the day the usa empire isn't the global policeman and someone calls in that debt and has to get it. 

Points C+D policy wise, law wise, are impossible together. The only way to get all governments in humanity to operate on one page is a larger war machine. but a larger war machine will by default lead to more wars, sooner or later.  Second money never blocked an army so the usa has to have a military to defend itself, like all countries. but the usa serves a function as a law enforcer for global trade. the usa has a military machine that breeds wars. No empire can have peace absent its military , while a military is mandatory to allow any government to function against another government, cause eventually another government will want to simply take.  And while money can be potentially used to deter wars or get governments to allow certain activity, that is an ever increasing bill. 

B policy wise, law wise, is the only one that is purely domestic or in the usa in terms of scope. It is the only one that can have a different solution but it is the hardest sell. the usa is full of self righteous people. In AALBC,how many people have chided at the level fo religious zealot black people selling drugs, selling themselves, dealing in guns. To empty the prisons you need to first change the legal code. But, all the towns that are supported by prisons will vote against this, rally against this. So you will sate them with money. What about all the law enforcement communities? they will be unhappy. LEgalization deletes the need for law enforcement as it is. If the only thing illegal is murder and assault, you don't need so many law enforcers. man is drunk on the corner, what's the problem is he isn't assaulting someone. Woman is selling drugs in the park, what's the problem if she isn't assaulting someone. But, I doubt the majority of the populace in the usa , again, very religious, very self righteous, very much into lying will accept such policies. 

In the end, Cornell West's policies add up to print money. Print money to:  end poverty, stop wars, stop mass incarcerations, get governments to allow certain actions concerning the environment, plus pay for guarantees to all living humans. That is a lot of money. In a modern humanity where china makes 92% of the cathodes in all electric car batteries, where Russia + the Arab monarchies own most of the oil.  And the most important point, West has nothing but his speeches to show for functionaizing these ideas. Cornell West has a place or lived in Harlem in Manhattan in NYC in NYS. Run for city council. why not? 

@frankster piggy backing off our other dialog. Cornel West is a black leader , before or during or after this camaign in the people's party. 

But, what were my questions: what is a leader trying to do, how effective are they, how does it relate to the Black community? 

What is Cornel West trying to do? 

He is trying to manipulate the campaign of Joe Biden for a second term. 

How effective will he be?

time will tell

How does it relate to the black community? 

Not to well. Some black people will gain as per the Frederick Douglass Tradition, the majority in the black community in the usa have never been helped or happy, but a few blacks , less than a minority in the black community but not only a handful one, will gain. You see this with the marijuana dispensary law in NYC/NYS. Biden may add some policies that will help a few blacks. And, that is a good thing in general. 

2 hours ago, richardmurray said:

I should not had but I went to Cornell WEst's  website. 

I quote him 

What is Cornell West, a member of GI Joe the cartoon. And moreover, based on his introductory statement he is forgetting the USA can't be reintroduced to something it wasn't. When did the USA guarantee housing/guarantee healthcare/guarantee education/guarantee living wages/ guarantee ecological maintenance/... this made me laugh the usa is ending wars, the usa has started or propelled most of the wars since the year 1900/ the USA for over 150 years, which all black people know, has been the king of incarceration/ and the usa has always had extreme poverty, what do you think a slave is financially but poor. 

Ahh what is the process. 

I think he was referring to the Promise That the Statue of Liberty represents and fulfilled for many Europeans - "Give me your tired your poor"

But I will entertain this as this involves black leadership and cornell west is a black leader. 

Cornel is a Professor/ commentator/ pundit / and Political Activist....So far he he is Now a Political Candidate and a Potential (Black) Leader

First he is running for truth and justice, those are concepts, not people. What is the definition of truth or justice? He offers none. Why does it matter? You need to define how you determine a concept. Humans beings have never concurred on what is truth or justice. So you need to define it strictly so people can be clear on how you view it in terms of policy. 

Black Prophetic Fire.....Liberation Theology (Romero) - Black Liberation Theology (Cone)

Cornel West: The Difference Between Justice and Revenge | Big Think

Second, reintroduce the USA to the best of itself. Well, he explains what the best of the usa is, but the one big problem is most of what he states has no historical basis. So this is an error to me. The truthful thing to say is,  introduce the usa to the best of what it can be.  The USA hasn't been any of the things he defines as the best of in the usa's history. 

Re-Introduce America to The True Promise of the Constitution and to Live up to that Creed.

Third, how to make the things he wants to happen

A. end poverty- well, simple equation. revenue earned per person+ financial assistance per person > cost of utilities+cost of food+ cost of clothing+ cost of healthcare. The problem is, the labor market in the usa has never supported the majority, again, slavery as a system is great for fiscal captalism. It allows for humans to be kept in a negative financial state legally which allows for the process of fiscal capitalism to play out and influence most free folk positively, cause the enslaved are taking a constant financial hit. So what is the solution to end poverty? Government assistance, or more bluntly, printing money and giving it to people or when people need, ala healthcare. But, this will not lower cost of items so this is a constant growth of printing money

The so called Lack that leads to poverty is not one Scarcity or Expense.....But a Policy of Maldistribution of Resources.

B. end mass incarceration- well, legalize prostitution + legalize loitering in public places like parks/sidewalks<not assault but loitering and not in residencies or private property but public places>+legalize all sales or possessions of drugs: from the heavy like cocaine, to the middle like nicotine  or alcohol or to the light, like marijuana+ legalize all gambling, no restrictions anywhere meaning playing dice in the streets it allowed+ legalize all gun sales. The Black community knows this more than most. Black people used illegal means cause we were not allowed legal means by whites. It is simple. Most humans aren't killers but most are not going to fool themselves into low servitudes for the sake of legality.  But in a very christian country with many self righteous people, legalization like I just suggested will have many opponents.

75% of All prisoners are illiterate....That statistic demonstrates the need for Proper education and Coping skills training

C. Ending wars :) this makes me laugh. This is probably the hardest of all. I don't know how a country with seven fleets/three airforce commands/a satellite flleet/three submarine fleets/ a drone army/the CIA/the FBI/the NSA/and of course privateers like Blackwater is going to end wars when they are the genesis of most wars. The fiscally wealthy in the USA + the military community  is not going to go back to isolationism as before the first phase of the european imperial wars, commonly called world war one. So this one is hard and I will not spend more than a minute on each of these. 

That is what Leaders do....envision the seemingly impossible, the down right unpopular and create ways and means to realize the Dream - like  Martin's Nonviolent Movement for Black Civil Rights

D. Ecological collapse well, the USA is going to need an army to tell other countries how to use their resources. At the end of the second phase of the european imperial wars it was possible to get most governments in humanity to guide their economies but today, it is too late outside of using force, but of course, if you want to end wars, you can't start wars so... the good news is, the earth can survive humanity's destruction. 

Leaders do not seek popularity or consensus of expediency.....but Truth Justice and Integrity with Love.

E. The guarantees: housing+healthcare+education+living wages. all these things in fiscal capitalism require money. To guarantee them means at the moment, the usa is going to print money like never before, to guarantee them. Now, a problem exists. How can the usa tell china or russia to not print money for their people ? how can the usa not give some members of the european union or the european union itself the ability to print money? if every major government is printing money where does the financial markets reside in all this? I quote a banker, fiscal capitalsim absent penalty isn't fiscal capitalsim. The ability to be broke/penniless/kicked out/totally indebted is part of the natural cycle of fiscal capitalism, to guarantee means that someone's financial ledger has to be totally made up somewhere and why should only one be made up. 

There is Over 16million Abandoned homes/houses in the USA vs approximately 500 thousand homeless....There is already enough money - Fiat money

I conclude with function. 

Points A+ E policy wise, law wise , mean print money and pay for things. And woe be the day the usa empire isn't the global policeman and someone calls in that debt and has to get it. 

Points C+D policy wise, law wise, are impossible together. The only way to get all governments in humanity to operate on one page is a larger war machine. but a larger war machine will by default lead to more wars, sooner or later.  Second money never blocked an army so the usa has to have a military to defend itself, like all countries. but the usa serves a function as a law enforcer for global trade. the usa has a military machine that breeds wars. No empire can have peace absent its military , while a military is mandatory to allow any government to function against another government, cause eventually another government will want to simply take.  And while money can be potentially used to deter wars or get governments to allow certain activity, that is an ever increasing bill. 

The United States spend more on the military than the next 10 highest spending countries combined....Maybe some of those monies can be spend else to monitor and ensure peace.

B policy wise, law wise, is the only one that is purely domestic or in the usa in terms of scope. It is the only one that can have a different solution but it is the hardest sell. the usa is full of self righteous people. In AALBC,how many people have chided at the level fo religious zealot black people selling drugs, selling themselves, dealing in guns. To empty the prisons you need to first change the legal code. But, all the towns that are supported by prisons will vote against this, rally against this. So you will sate them with money. What about all the law enforcement communities? they will be unhappy. LEgalization deletes the need for law enforcement as it is. If the only thing illegal is murder and assault, you don't need so many law enforcers. man is drunk on the corner, what's the problem is he isn't assaulting someone. Woman is selling drugs in the park, what's the problem if she isn't assaulting someone. But, I doubt the majority of the populace in the usa , again, very religious, very self righteous, very much into lying will accept such policies. 

Again True leadership is not a popularity contest.....but one of finding creative solutions.

In the end, Cornell West's policies add up to print money. Print money to:  end poverty, stop wars, stop mass incarcerations, get governments to allow certain actions concerning the environment, plus pay for guarantees to all living humans. That is a lot of money. In a modern humanity where china makes 92% of the cathodes in all electric car batteries, where Russia + the Arab monarchies own most of the oil.  And the most important point, West has nothing but his speeches to show for functionaizing these ideas. Cornell West has a place or lived in Harlem in Manhattan in NYC in NYS. Run for city council. why not? 

@frankster piggy backing off our other dialog. Cornel West is a black leader , before or during or after this camaign in the people's party. 

But, what were my questions: what is a leader trying to do, how effective are they, how does it relate to the Black community? 

What is Cornel West trying to do? 

He is trying to manipulate the campaign of Joe Biden for a second term. 

How effective will he be?

time will tell

How does it relate to the black community? 

Not to well. Some black people will gain as per the Frederick Douglass Tradition, the majority in the black community in the usa have never been helped or happy, but a few blacks , less than a minority in the black community but not only a handful one, will gain. You see this with the marijuana dispensary law in NYC/NYS. Biden may add some policies that will help a few blacks. And, that is a good thing in general. 

All black peoples was and is being helped by the Emancipation Proclamation and the Civil Rights movement...

Cornel West run is a Further demand for Truth and Justice.

• Thanks 1

@frankster

Re-Introduce America to The True Promise of the Constitution and to Live up to that Creed.

Re-introduce, again, that part is very flawed for me. It is introduction, not reintroduction. Reintroduction suggest a lie Frankster, don't you see. It is like the so called harlem renaissance, it wasn't a renaissance. A rebirth suggest their was a time before where the black community had a great rise in harlem, but it didn't. 

The so called Lack that leads to poverty is not one Scarcity or Expense.....But a Policy of Maldistribution of Resources.

And so he suggest something is going to force such a distribution when the usa has never had a distribution of resources to reach equality.. 

That is what Leaders do....envision the seemingly impossible, the down right unpopular and create ways and means to realize the Dream - like  Martin's Nonviolent Movement for Black Civil Rights

To me the issue  isn't a matter of visioning the seemingly impossible, but a disrespectful lack of explaining the process needed for an undertaking as stopping all wars. When someone claims they will stop wars but have no process or path but make it seem like they will simply make a law , in the usa, the most militaristically potent government on earth .. well.. ok 

There is Over 16million Abandoned homes/houses in the USA vs approximately 500 thousand homeless....There is already enough money - Fiat money

I did say , print money at the end. ok, but ... it isn't the most finessed plan. 

The United States spend more on the military than the next 10 highest spending countries combined....Maybe some of those monies can be spend else to monitor and ensure peace.

I wonder what the arms dealers will say about that. 

Again True leadership is not a popularity contest.....but one of finding creative solutions.

Bad leadership is still leadership, it is merely bad. But, my problem is Cornell west like many third party candidates speaks little on the solutions and alot on the goals. And he can't even utilize an example of his solution making skill on a smaller scale. I know west isn't running to win the presidency but again, third parties ahhh 

All black peoples was and is being helped by the Emancipation Proclamation and the Civil Rights movement...

well, to be blunt, I don't know. I think many black people are but I , unlike you, are not certain that all are. I think in the black community, going to juneteenth our community has created a myth about what is good for all black people in context to the usa, that hasn't been proven to be true, at least not to me. 

5 hours ago, richardmurray said:

@frankster

Re-introduce, again, that part is very flawed for me. It is introduction, not reintroduction. Reintroduction suggest a lie Frankster, don't you see. It is like the so called harlem renaissance, it wasn't a renaissance. A rebirth suggest their was a time before where the black community had a great rise in harlem, but it didn't. 

I think that Cornel use the word Reintroduction to empathize the fact that he is not bringing something totally new but bringing back some ideas that many of the founding fathers stood for and others rejected.

And so he suggest something is going to force such a distribution when the usa has never had a distribution of resources to reach equality.. 

Distribution of Land has already been done for some.

Equality is the goal...

To me the issue  isn't a matter of visioning the seemingly impossible, but a disrespectful lack of explaining the process needed for an undertaking as stopping all wars. When someone claims they will stop wars but have no process or path but make it seem like they will simply make a law , in the usa, the most militaristically potent government on earth .. well.. ok 

I did say , print money at the end. ok, but ... it isn't the most finessed plan. 

Well give the brother a chance....I am sure in his campaign he will enlighten us as to how he intends to achieve his goals

I wonder what the arms dealers will say about that. 

Bad leadership is still leadership, it is merely bad. But, my problem is Cornell west like many third party candidates speaks little on the solutions and alot on the goals. And he can't even utilize an example of his solution making skill on a smaller scale. I know west isn't running to win the presidency but again, third parties ahhh 

My guess is they won't be too happy...Or maybe Cornel will convince them to" beat their swords into ploughshares and their spears into pruning hooks"

Bad Leadership is Losership....The blind leading the blind.

well, to be blunt, I don't know. I think many black people are but I , unlike you, are not certain that all are. I think in the black community, going to juneteenth our community has created a myth about what is good for all black people in context to the usa, that hasn't been proven to be true, at least not to me. 

Not Every individual has avail themselves of the freedoms and liberties America Offers whether they are ill informed or incapacitated against their will......

As a people we have benefited and is in a better position than many who came before...as such we have a responsibility for and to  those who will come after....

@frankster

to cornel west, we will all see. I think you should sign up to be part of his campaign. You seem to support him very strongly. 

As for the black community, we differ on viewing or interpreting the relationship of the black community to the usa or the european colonies that preceded.. The best news about that is, it is a heritage for the black community in the usa to schism over its relationship to the usa. And going into juneteenth, that maybe is the one thing most black people in the usa have a hard time accepting. That while the black community has always had varying camps on the relationship of black people to the usa, none of those camps are in the wrong or incorrect. The only question is which camp do you belong to and how best are you in going forward to where your camp wants to be. 

@frankster

to cornel west, we will all see. I think you should sign up to be part of his campaign. You seem to support him very strongly.

Thank you.

As for the black community, we differ on viewing or interpreting the relationship of the black community to the usa or the european colonies that preceded.. The best news about that is, it is a heritage for the black community in the usa to schism over its relationship to the usa. And going into juneteenth, that maybe is the one thing most black people in the usa have a hard time accepting. That while the black community has always had varying camps on the relationship of black people to the usa, none of those camps are in the wrong or incorrect.

Yes Blacks are not  Monolithic....

Whether they are wrong or incorrect depends on if they are on track to achieve Worthy Goals or are being led by Selfish Deceptive Losership.

The only question is which camp do you belong to and how best are you in going forward to where your camp wants to be. 

Until I see the rest of the field and hear Cornel's Policies and Goals it's a good bet I will be in His Camp.

My Question to you is

What is the best reason in your opinion to vote for a Candidate?

@frankster

Yes Blacks are not  Monolithic....

Whether they are wrong or incorrect depends on if they are on track to achieve Worthy Goals or are being led by Selfish Deceptive Losership.

Its funny, i have thought about that phrase that many black people in the usa like to utter a lot in modernity . I realize now this juneteenth that it is not good enough. 

Many black people like to say we are not monolithic while same black people like to proselytize to black people who are variant from them. 

I personally have never believed any black people are incorrect. The founding of the usa, i repeat had three black tribes in the black village, which predates the usa, like the white or indigenous : enslaved to whites/free fighting for the creation of the usa aside whites/free fighting against the creation of the usa aside whites. 

Yes, black people's heritage in the usa is to not be monolithic but the details or what is most important is deeper than that.

The original three black tribes in the black village  in the usa had unconnectable goals/views/desires while a nonviolent approach to each other, while the white tribes in the white village in the usa  historically are very violent to each other but have connectable goals/views/desires. 

This juneteenth i am making a pledge which I will state here beforehand, to focus on my tribe in the village in the usa, and blacks outside the usa , with the black community outside the usa in various governments really in scenarios different than in the usa. as for tribes not my own, I will do my best to support them to be for themselves, and stop all tribes from proselytizing, which i will end as well. 

Black nonviolence to each other has bred a preaching way in which black people with opinions or views to variant to connect end up trying to convince each other. 

and to that end

you asked

What is the best reason in your opinion to vote for a Candidate?

I am not of your tribe. I have already stated my opposition to the path that Cornel West is about. All black people want betterment for black people but in the usa the paths  of the tribes are not the same and can not combine. 

I will answer what is the best reason in my view for a black person in the usa like you to vote for a candidate in the usa ?

Simple, you believe in the usa, you have faith in its laws, you dream and desire what its nascent documents have alluded to. So you have to participate even if you have no candidate that provides a platform you can connect to. I will only suggest, black people like you need to put yourselves on the ballot when you don't have a candidate, cause sometimes no candidate exists and if no one going for a post has a platform functional enough to you , then you can't expect that position in government to have anyone functional. 

I know what my triibe in the usa wants and I have no doubts now that it isn't any elected officials in the usa. The key is for my tribe to succeed in its goals regardless of other tribes. 

4 hours ago, richardmurray said:

Many black people like to say we are not monolithic while same black people like to proselytize to black people who are variant from them. 

Yes, black people's heritage in the usa is to not be monolithic but the details or what is most important is deeper than that.

I will do my best to support them to be for themselves, and stop all tribes from proselytizing, which i will end as well. 

Black nonviolence to each other has bred a preaching way in which black people with opinions or views to variant to connect end up trying to convince each other. 

@richardmurray, while I understand the desire to focus on your own tribe, there is nothing inherently wrong with proselytizing if the overall intent is constructive

Another tribe may very well benefit from your ideas and insight.  Your participation in this discussion forum could be exposing you to different ideas too. 

Ultimately, you will make your decision but it's something to consider before changing courses. 😎

• Like 1

If he's SERIOUS about being President, I hope he gets in office.
Certainly he'd be better than any other President we've had in there since after Roosevelt until now.

However I have a sneaky suspicion that he may be the Democrat version of Tim Scott.
Just a Black man they're using to round up the hesitant and growing number of politically cynical AfroAmericans and bring them BACK into politics by supporting HIM....only for him to deliver them up to the Democrat Party when it's time for Nominations.

Good luck to our brother though.
If he makes it all the way to the National elections and him, Trump, and Biden are the only candidates....then he'll have my vote.

On 6/9/2023 at 1:27 PM, richardmurray said:

@frankster

Its funny, i have thought about that phrase that many black people in the usa like to utter a lot in modernity . I realize now this juneteenth that it is not good enough. 

Why is that?

Proslytize to Build Numbers....In a Democracy Numbers count in Elections..

I personally have never believed any black people are incorrect. The founding of the usa, i repeat had three black tribes in the black village, which predates the usa, like the white or indigenous : enslaved to whites/free fighting for the creation of the usa aside whites/free fighting against the creation of the usa aside whites. 

So you are a Loyalist?...

I am more of a Jacobin - Egalitarian Democracy

Yes, black people's heritage in the usa is to not be monolithic but the details or what is most important is deeper than that

We Fight for Freedom Liberty Justice and Truth ......What is more Important?

The original three black tribes in the black village  in the usa had unconnectable goals/views/desires while a nonviolent approach to each other, while the white tribes in the white village in the usa  historically are very violent to each other but have connectable goals/views/desires. 

I disagree with the racialization of the conflict.....there are those who have and continue to strive for a Demarcation of the Struggle along those line - That Paradigm is False.

So then lets nonviolently work for shared connected goals views and desires.

This juneteenth i am making a pledge which I will state here beforehand, to focus on my tribe in the village in the usa, and blacks outside the usa , with the black community outside the usa in various governments really in scenarios different than in the usa. as for tribes not my own, I will do my best to support them to be for themselves,

I agree

and stop all tribes from proselytizing, which i will end as well. 

Depends on the type of proselytizing ?

Unity is strength in numbers.

and to that end

you asked

I am not of your tribe. I have already stated my opposition to the path that Cornel West is about. All black people want betterment for black people but in the usa the paths  of the tribes are not the same and can not combine. 

What matters the tribe or path if the goal is the same?

Can we  work together till the goal is accomplished?

I will answer what is the best reason in my view for a black person in the usa like you to vote for a candidate in the usa ?

What then is the best reason for you to vote for a candidiate?

Simple, you believe in the usa, you have faith in its laws, you dream and desire what its nascent documents have alluded to. So you have to participate even if you have no candidate that provides a platform you can connect to. I will only suggest, black people like you need to put yourselves on the ballot when you don't have a candidate, cause sometimes no candidate exists and if no one going for a post has a platform functional enough to you , then you can't expect that position in government to have anyone functional. 

Cornel is One of us and is our candidate

I know what my triibe in the usa wants and I have no doubts now that it isn't any elected officials in the usa. The key is for my tribe to succeed in its goals regardless of other tribes. 

What are these goals if not Justice Liberty and Truth?

@frankster

So you are a Loyalist?...

I am always willing to publicly state myself, offline or online. And it isn't proselytizing , it is me clarifying who I am when asked, which I think too many people don't do or do with enough quality. As it is, I will answer the following questions, as I offer no answer for yours explicitly. The reason being it is to simple.

If I was living at the time of the war between the north american british colonies side the united kingdom plus I had a choice from the only options of being enslaved to whites/free fighting side whites  against the creation of the usa/free fighting side whites supporting the creation of the usa will i choose free fighting side whites against the creation of the usa? yes I will choose free fighting side whites against the usa's creation 100% plus even if I knew the future, still 100%. 

Living in modernity, am I a loyalist? no. 100% I am not in support of fighting for the united kingdom against the usa in modernity. Not because the usa is good or positive but other options have existed since the end of the war of 1812 than fighting side white people for any agenda for a black person in the usa, that a person like me would and do find more favorable.  

Living in modernity, do I support elements of the Loyalist's community: the anti-usa/the use of violence/the anti white american, while I am not conveying the extent to which I support said elements? yes I support all three but the extent or methodologies in which I do I did not and will not state. 

13 hours ago, richardmurray said:

@frankster

I am always willing to publicly state myself, offline or online. And it isn't proselytizing , it is me clarifying who I am when asked, which I think too many people don't do or do with enough quality. As it is, I will answer the following questions, as I offer no answer for yours explicitly. The reason being it is to simple.

If I was living at the time of the war between the north american british colonies side the united kingdom plus I had a choice from the only options of being enslaved to whites/free fighting side whites  against the creation of the usa/free fighting side whites supporting the creation of the usa will i choose free fighting side whites against the creation of the usa? yes I will choose free fighting side whites against the usa's creation 100% plus even if I knew the future, still 100%. 

At the Time of the war both sides had and held slaves

The British promised freedom to all who fought for them...Nova Scotia - The British ended the Enslavement of Human Beings in 1838.

The Revolutionaries/Insurrectionist had not decided the question of whether or not to Enslaving Human Beings ....it was finally decided in 1865

Living in modernity, am I a loyalist? no. 100% I am not in support of fighting for the united kingdom against the usa in modernity. Not because the usa is good or positive but other options have existed since the end of the war of 1812 than fighting side white people for any agenda for a black person in the usa, that a person like me would and do find more favorable.  

Name one?

Or what does it mean today to be an erstwhile Royalist?

Living in modernity, do I support elements of the Loyalist's community: the anti-usa/the use of violence/the anti white american, while I am not conveying the extent to which I support said elements? yes I support all three but the extent or methodologies in which I do I did not and will not state. 

I am for Truth Justice and Liberty....I am not anti anything - except while in the pursuit of said mentioned  ideals it may appear so.