Friends vs Allies

There's a difference between FRIENDS and ALLIES.

AfroAmericans would be wise if we learned those differences so that when it comes to building relationships with those outside of our community -we'll focus more on seeking ALLIANCES than seeking FRIENDSHIPS.

Friendships are built *on* shared common interests and/or emotion. 

Alliances are built *for* strength, power and protection. 

There can be overlap only when folks clearly know the difference and have the ability to separate it. 😎

Yes.
I would say although they tend to overlap on many levels.......friendships tend to be formed over EMOTIONS while alliances tend to be formed over INTERESTS.

Me and you can be neighbors who don't necessarily like eachother or share the same religion but we can agree to be ALLIES to protect eachother's property from the thugs and gangstas who are moving in on the block!

On 6/10/2023 at 2:51 PM, ProfD said:

Friendships are built *on* shared common interests and/or emotion. 

Alliances are built *for* strength, power and protection. 

There can be overlap only when folks clearly know the difference and have the ability to separate it. 😎

Ah! This reminds me of one of my favoriite animal behaviors I love to learn about; lions.

I learned from experts that there is a distinction between a lion pride versus a lion coalition;

A lion pride are lions of the same family, however, a lion coalition can be a group of lions that are somewhat related but it can consist of brothers, cousins, fathers, etc. and there can be somewhat of an overlap.

lions brothers may fight each other but they will always stick together until death, however, in a colatition, sometimes they may conflict and break up and form other bonds. However, even when they fight each other, they don't intend to kill each other. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Chevdove said:

Ah! This reminds me of one of my favoriite animal behaviors I love to learn about; lions.

The lion is my favorite animal. 👍🏿

Sista @Cynique doesn't think humans should take cues from a creature that hasn't evolved.🤣

However, from a social perspective, lions are always on code.😎

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm glad I'm in the company of like minds.....because the lion is ABSOLUTELY one of my favorite animals!

I LOVE lions for many many reasons.

image.png.b85561ab285baeb33fab06ee89094b8d.png

And like the good Professor said, lions are always on code.
It's in their nature.

Like Chris Rock said in one of his stand-up routines:

image.png.7a08dfcbe1ebabf0aab26baa79256c03.png

"When somebody goes into a lion's cage and
get's attacked and eaten, they say the lion went
crazy. 
No!
The lion just went LION.
He did what a lion is SUPPOSED to do!
The man was the crazy one for walking onto
that lion's cage!"

Lions are on code and do what THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO DO....especially when they're out in the wild.

Run up in their territory and the Pride will IMMEDIATELY investigate to see what you're up to!
Are you competition?
Are you trying to take one of our females?
Are you trying to take some of our land/territory away from us?
What's your aim....your purpose.....your angle?

They instinctively know you want SOMETHING or you wouldn't have brought your ass up in there....lol.

Now compare lions to the average nigga and what THEY do when other people come up in their neighborhood!

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

Now compare lions to the average nigga and what THEY do when other people come up in their neighborhood!

Some n8gglets will try to claim, defend and protect territory. The problem is that it usually doesn't belong to them. Their neighborhoods, blocks, streets and prisons are owned and/or operated by someone else.😁😎

ProfD

No no.....
I when I say other people, I mean THEM "other people"....lol.

Ofcourse we'll confront ANOTHER Black person.
Black folks see eachother as competition and have little problem or hesitation walking up to eachother and asking questions.

Go to the south side of Chicago or South Central Los Angeles and the Black gangs will confront another Black man all day long about what he's doing up in "their" hood!
But let a White or even Latino male stroll through there and ACTIVELY pursue money or women and they'll stand back looking at him, or peep out of closed curtains staring at them but not saying a word.
They'll assume they're the police or just leave them alone....ignore them....and others will actually run out to GREET them and do business with them!

The same nigga who will pull a gun an a Black man for simply driving through his neighborhood will HELP a White or Latino man get some dope or coochie and act as an ambassador showing him around the 'hood.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

The same nigga who will pull a gun an a Black man for simply driving through his neighborhood will HELP a White or Latino man get some dope or coochie and act as an ambassador showing him around the 'hood.

Master teacher NF Jr. breaks th8s pathology down very well. 

But, it's only dysfunctional n8gglets doing that dumb sh8t.

Middle-class and affluent AfroAmericans aren't dealing with that kinda foolishness.  Gross consumerism is their Achilles heel.🤣😎

28 minutes ago, ProfD said:

Middle-class and affluent AfroAmericans aren't dealing with that kinda foolishness.  Gross consumerism is their Achilles heel.🤣😎

While this is true to a CERTAIN extent keep in mind......
The "nigga culture" is so strong it often pulls the children OF the middle-class and affluent AfroAmericans into the "gangsta" lifestyle.

A lot of Black children who grow up in rich and so-called "good" households often get bored or think they aren't living "Black enough" so they rebel against their upbringing and go ghetto and get thugged out.
Which brings me to another point.....

Black wealth is too UNSTABLE in the U.S.

Unlike the White and even Asian communities in the U.S. where the wealthy will pass down wealth to their offspring generation after generation and their progeny will often either maintain or add to that wealth -too often AfroAmerican wealth and affluence only lasts for ONE generation.

Brutha man or sista girl works hard, fights against racism and obstacles, sacrifices and struggles to build wealth and establish a multi-million-dollar business and leaves it to their children only for them to lose it by:
-getting involved in criminal activities and having it confiscated by the government
-marrying a White or non-Black spouse and having it taken in divorce
-or simply losing the wealth their parents left them through neglect and poor business management.

But this is a different subject all together.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

On 6/16/2023 at 12:18 PM, ProfD said:

However, from a social perspective, lions are always on code.😎

ABSOLUTELY! @ProfD 

Ha ha! You both did a great job breaking down some ISH in our culture! LOL. I read the post. I've been absent for a few days, so I need to catch up.

LIONS are at the top of the list so these cats need to be studied, IMO. It would be a great help for humans to study their social behavior. 

On 6/18/2023 at 9:21 AM, Pioneer1 said:

I'm glad I'm in the company of like minds.....because the lion is ABSOLUTELY one of my favorite animals!

ABSOLUTELY MY FAVORITE ANIMAL! @Pioneer1 

On 6/18/2023 at 10:30 AM, Pioneer1 said:

Brutha man or sista girl works hard, fights against racism and obstacles, sacrifices and struggles to build wealth and establish a multi-million-dollar business and leaves it to their children only for them to lose it by:
-getting involved in criminal activities and having it confiscated by the government
-marrying a White or non-Black spouse and having it taken in divorce
-or simply losing the wealth their parents left them through neglect and poor business management.

But this is a different subject all together.

Oh! This is on point! It fits this topic. 

IMO, our culture has been under attack from the start of America. 

We have a culture, yes, due to slavery and sticking together for survival in the beginning, but by and by, America has exploited us economically, racially, educationally,  etc.

Now, thanks to Obama, we have to deal with the issue of GENDERISM, as if we need that confusion.

We have to defend our culture from so many different angles, it's ridiculous. So this topic of FRIEND VERSUS ALLIES is on point. 

Nowadays, it's hard to know who to trust within our culture because some African Americans are like chameleons. 

In the past, it was natural to see and be able to identify a Black man or women, no matter if they were fair skinned or dark skinned but today, a dark skinned person may say they are Black American to you but then change and say they are of another ethnicity to another person. It happens all the time now. And let's not even bring up the gender issue.

I believe that this kind of inclusivity issue effects our culture negatively more than any other culture. That is why I love the lion kingdom so much; no problems there with any sort of change. People better keep hoping and worshiping this system and praying to their leaders that this earth will not ever purge itself because if technology collapses then the matriarchal dominance will become completely vulnerable again. I think humans have a false sense of security though. 

Here we go: I have an example of what it would be like to challenge the very natural MIGHT and POWER of a male species when your life depends on it. Lions will protect their future generations. If they claim their lionesses, then they will defend them and not abandoned them. For some women, it would be great if we could get rid of males, but for now, this creation is here, and the animal kingdom also shows that males are probably not going to be extinct any time soon. 

Big male lion shows lioness how to deal with hyenas

Even the vultures fled the scene! Ha! The Hyenas harassed the lionesses but, they would not even come near the lion! CRAZY! 

This video shows that this precious lioness is trying to get the lions attention because she knows that she needs that kind of protection for her survival! 

On 6/18/2023 at 9:21 AM, Pioneer1 said:

And like the good Professor said, lions are always on code.
It's in their nature.

IT'S THEIR NATURE! No Gender confusion here! LOL! 

I LOVE how the female lion nudges and snuggles up to the male lion after he chases the enemies away.
Made me horny as I don't know what....lol.

I'd love to run a bunch or racists away and have the sistas around me hop in my lap and slobber all over me in appreciation for my strength and courage.

.....as opposed to them actually getting angry and saying,

image.png.cd93f4673b009fa80c6dc994c8d85551.png

"Why yall do that?
Why yall hatin' ?
Leave that white boy alone!
Yall just jealous!"

Then running over and grabbing him by the arm and kissing on him just to spite the Black men seeing this.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pioneer1 said:

Then running over and grabbing him by the arm and kissing on him just to spite the Black men seeing this.

You are hilarious! @Pioneer1 

HOWEVER, I don't want to shut out my sistas, so I will say this;

If Black women are not getting sufficient attention from Black men, then what are they suppose to do!?

I believe that we need to edify the Black culture here in America, but there is nothing wrong with inter-racial unions as long as it does not define us 'as a whole'.

Black women NEED male coverage. We deserve this just as any other kind of females. 

I chose to bond with a Black man and although, it has been a hard road due to racism and such, however, I don't believe that all Black women have that opportunity.

So in the case of the subject OF MALES, I believe that MALES WILL BE MALES!!! --No matter what 'race', men will be men and this world needs male dominance and male understanding too!

Chev

HOWEVER, I don't want to shut out my sistas, so I will say this;

If Black women are not getting sufficient attention from Black men, then what are they suppose to do!?

I'm not sure what you mean by "sufficient attention" so I'll let you explain it, however I'll say this.....

Everywhere I go where there are Black men and Black women, I see Black men giving Black women PLENTY of attention.
Smiling at them joking with them, flirting with them, asking them out on dates, trying to do this...that..and the other.

Infact, in many cases it seems to me that Black men are giving a lot of Black women MORE attention than they want...lol.

I think with some of these sistas....it's not so much the AMOUNT of attention that's the problem but FROM WHO they are getting the attention from that could be the problem.

Perhaps they want more attention from NON-BLACK men and less attention from Black men.

I believe that we need to edify the Black culture here in America, but there is nothing wrong with inter-racial unions as long as it does not define us 'as a whole'.

Black women NEED male coverage. We deserve this just as any other kind of females. 

I chose to bond with a Black man and although, it has been a hard road due to racism and such, however, I don't believe that all Black women have that opportunity.

So in the case of the subject OF MALES, I believe that MALES WILL BE MALES!!! --No matter what 'race', men will be men and this world needs male dominance and male understanding too!

FACTS UPON FACTS!!!

• Like 1