I Have Zero Interest in Threads (Zuck's New Twitter App)

I have zero interest in this application — I'm not even curious about it. 

In a few years. if professionals tell me that Threads is a must-have I may look at it then, but I can't image that day coming. Twitter was always a relatively marginal social media platform. Heavily reliant on bot traffic and outrage... It is not clear how threads will gain relevance, in the long term, without doing the things people complained about Twitter doing.

At some point, social media platforms will have to pay people, regular people, for engaging on the platform.  

Then there is Meta's increasing dominance.  They have Facebook, Instagram, and Threads.  A Meta App is probably installed on everyone's phone. This kind of dominance is bad. 

threads.jpg

• Thanks 1

That makes TWO of us...lol.

I put this one in the same category I put Clubhouse and the other pop-up platforms being pushed on the public.

I don't trust them and really don't see what the big deal is about them because they all are headed in the same direction anyway.

They all follow the same pattern:

1) They are promoted heavily to build up the anticipation BEFORE they're launched
2) Once they are launched, their promotors LIE about the amount of people who register for them....claiming 17 billion people world wide just registered on this new platform, lol.
3) The start off letting ANYONE join FOR FREE and say ANYTHING they like with no censorship or restrictions.
4) A few years (or now just a few months) later...the CENSORSHIP starts from some "board" who controls the platform that you've never heard of
They'll use some sort of event or crisis as an excuse and claim the "government" is forcing them to censor folks and delete certain postings.
5) This gets worse and worse to the point you no longer can say anything but the officially politically correct things on their platform  or risk getting suspended or banned.

NOW THIS IS THE GOTCHA MOMENT..............

6) They open up a "special" app on the platform that DOES allow you to say and post any content you like featuring politically incorrect language, nudity, cussing, threats, and anything else you like......FOR A FEE.
So now what you USED to be able to do for free....you must now PAY to do the exact same thing.

It's the same pattern over and over again.
And it didn't start with social media....it started with TELEVISION, remember?

Well @Troy the question in the usa market is who are the competitors to Metaverse: facebook<community pages+profiles+blog>/instagram<images>/threads<text message>? You mention their dominance, but the first question is who are the competitors. If someone is in the usa who else do they go to ? 

am*zon is a competitor, but they are mostly a closed ecosystem. If you use am*zon prime and am*zon kindle and am*zon shopping services, you are in your own ecosystem, not really social media based but with social media functionality.

apple has long been a closed ecosystem in itself, social media functionality but really a separate space full of technologies.

alphabet , like apple, like am*zon make physical goods. yes they have the google search engine and through google youtube, but youtube is such a specific space. thus why tiktok grew. long videos are fine but they are not as catchy as short videos. in the same way tweets was more catchy than blog posts. They have android but that is a tool, not really a social media aspect.

microsoft, has the xbox with gaming and the operating system for larger electronic devices. SKype is again like youtube of alphabet, not really prone to social media effectively, it is more an open space than a cultivated space. and linkedin, which was meant for labor just isn't doing much in social media space. 

So... meta platforms is really the lone esocial space. Esocial elements are in most all big tech firms but meta alone has esocial as their mainline. Three of their domestic rivals really make devices that has esocial elements. And one, alphabet is focused on a strategy where esocial is lessened of value.

The only rival i can truly think of for Meta is Tiktok of bytedance. but China stands alone of countries outside the usa that has kept control of its internet existence wholeheartedly and has reached outside of itself. Japan has its own internet, but japanese websites don't get extremely popular outside japan .

@Pioneer1 it started with newspapers, and it can be argued before with history books.

21 hours ago, Troy said:

I have zero interest in this application — I'm not even curious about it. 

Black folks shouldn't be interested in these social media platforms especially if they're not going to use it for the tangible benefit of uplifting their own people.   

We don't need another platform for influencers, bootlicks, shills and other forms of crash dummies to show off on the internet. 

Besides, the only folks getting richer and adding to their billions are white folks. 😎

ProfD

Like Brother Baines told Brother Malcolm in the movie......

image.png.188fb8bffdd8e83bb574eb58ba356e7d.png

"Come on now brother, you know how our people are......."

You KNOW most Black folks want to be seen....lol.
They want to be heard.

Some of our people are so desperate for attention they'll take ANY attention good OR bad.

Neely Fuller Jr. said that.
Black folks constantly walking around in loud clothes and acting loud saying "LOOK AT ME"
Like children...."PAY ME SOME ATTENTION".

So a lot of them just play RIGHT into the hands of social media giants like Instagram and Twitter.

I remember a few years ago some crazy ass niggas was breaking bones and loosing teeth climbing up falling down on stacks of milk crates.....all for some "challenge" that was going around on social media.

1 hour ago, Pioneer1 said:

So a lot of them just play RIGHT into the hands of social media giants like Instagram and Twitter.

Yeah we are so easily manipulated… I’m on the web everyday and i have to battle. Every platform seems like it is covered with click bait.  Even seemingly reputable sites run click bait ads. 

When you logon to many sites you don’t go to your stuff you are presented with the feed. I go to YouTube to upload a video and i see the feed. 10 minutes later I’m trying to remember what i went to YouTube for…

It would not be so bad if the stuff you were manipulated into watching actually benefited it you, but it never does…

it is like every time  you went to the fridge for a nutritious meal all you saw was your favorite desert with a sexy woman encouraging you eat them with you.  the veggies are in there, but they getting harder and harder to find…

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

.....all for some "challenge" that was going around on social media.

I heard there are folks losing their lives doing dumbazz challenges like surfing subway trains.  Prime candidates for a Darwin award.😎

• Like 1

@Troy

funny prose concerning the woman eating with you at the fridge

@ProfD dumbazz? Do you know , if you succeed in one of those acts and get a high quantity of views you can become an internet sensation, that could lead to a little something financially. For those kids that little something is a lot more than the other option, which is nothing. Risk? 100% but are they dumb taking a chance at what is truly offering a chance. 

Again, it is all in YouTube’s strategy to drive ad sales. 

are the kids dumbazzes or have they been manipulated by Google to do something dangerous for the attention and a little money, so that Google can increase engagement on YouTube and sell more ads?

2 hours ago, richardmurray said:

@Troy

funny prose concerning the woman eating with you at the fridg

😉

yes @Troy

manipulated, yes, but I will add, manipulated to go down the only road available and google knows, moreover, we all do. 

In NYC, three weeks ago, learned by way of local media, a migrant from central america did what few immigrants or migrants ever do in the usa, he flat out admitted NYC has no jobs. The same local media has made sure to showcase the one percent who are doing better, but that member of the migrant 99% was correct. 

NYC government, flat out said half the populace , aracial unity @ProfD ,can't pay for food or housing. 

Today 7/15/2023 local media plead with parents to take children to the summer school food program cause children are starving in nyc. 

2 hours ago, richardmurray said:

NYC government, flat out said half the populace , aracial unity @ProfD ,can't pay for food or housing. 

Today 7/15/2023 local media plead with parents to take children to the summer school food program cause children are starving in nyc. 

Begs a few questions:

1) why do people still live in such an expensive place

2) what are they doing to improve their lives

3) why are people still reproducing if they  cannot afford to take care of themselves. 

One must take a personal responsibility and accountability to thrive and survive wherever they choose to live.

Waiting on white folks to hand out jobs, lower rents, make quality healthcare accessible and affordable, etc., doesn't seem to be working. 😎

@ProfD

When you find out why so many people are leaving such cheap places to live to come to nyc, maybe you will find the answer for this one

2) what are they doing to improve their lives

Well since most people in NYC , even when it was New Amsterdam, are poor, I don't know. After circa 500 years many people tried though, 99% failed. 

3) why are people still reproducing if they  cannot afford to take care of themselves. 

Funny thing about humanity, fiscal poor people keep fucking and having babies. If poor people didn't then you wouldn't be here to complain about poor people. I can say this, you can tell anyone poor you know to kill their children they can't afford, maybe it will start a movement

For non natives plus a minority of blacks, who did chose to live in the usa, I have nothing to say. Since most black people in the american continent nor their forebears chose to live in the american continent, I hope you will allow said blacks to chose to live somewhere first before you assess their responsibility or accountability skills

true, waiting on whites isn't working,even for white people.  but since personal accountability has been around as long as waiting on whites, that doesn't seem to be working either. 

I second ProfD's point about them being dumb asses.....lol.

Dumb as hell.

Because if they WEREN'T so dumb (low intelligence) then they wouldn't be so easily manipulated.

How else would you describe a person who literally EATS laundry detergent pods for views?

Smart people aren't easily manipulated.

Also, smart people don't just look at the rewards they get for these challenges but they also weigh the risks as well as the long term consequences as a result of these challenges.

You can get a million views stacking up a set of milk crates to climb up and down....but what good are those views and the little money you get from them if you end up seriously injured from the tumble?
That little money won't even cover your doctor's bills.

A 50 year old running around in a shopping mall pulling pranks on people for views on Youtube like a fool and runs up on the WRONG person to prank-

image.png.05d92466f21952e0dd9b8fdf28becd43.png

"Hold up...hold up....wait a minute....hold on......."

....and now his family has to launch a Go Fund Me to pay for his funeral expenses

16 hours ago, richardmurray said:

@ProfD

When you find out why so many people are leaving such cheap places to live to come to nyc

3) Funny thing about humanity, fiscal poor people keep fucking and having babies. 

For non natives plus a minority of blacks, who did chose to live in the usa, I have nothing to say. Since most black people in the american continent nor their forebears chose to live in the american continent, I hope you will allow said blacks to chose to live somewhere first before you assess their responsibility or accountability skills

I know why people leave their home countries for a *better* life here in America. Even if it means being poor in NYC.

AfroAmericans/FBA (Foundational Black Americans) have been on this continent over hundreds of years and counting.

1) America is *home* for FBA. We have nowhere else to go.

2) FBA has been in America long enough to have built an infrastructure and institutions to be more self-sufficient. The handouts won't last forever. 

Considering that a huge percentage of the world population is poor, I'm not advocating that people stop f8cking. Rhetorically, I'm questioning why they reproduce. It's preventable.

America is huge.  If the cost of living in NYC is too much, there are cheaper alternatives. Of course, one might have to take action...relocate.😎

On 7/15/2023 at 7:54 PM, richardmurray said:

NYC has no jobs.

So you are saying that things are pretty bad in NYC and that this is not being discussed in the media?

On 7/15/2023 at 10:45 PM, ProfD said:

That is easy. Moving is expensive. If you live in the PJ's housing is pretty cheap.  So while everything thing else is expensive you gotta find another apartment in another city. where the rent goes up every year. The cheaper places often require an automobile.  Many new yorkers don't own a car and cannot drive.  There are many other reasons. Then there is matter of employment...

I moved to Tampa, FL to save money, but things have gotten a lot more expensive in the last few years.  I also moved to Tulsa OK.  Sure both are cheaper than NYC, but it is not "cheap."  Again, the cheapest places require a car and the wages are not as high.

American cities are expensive. The "rent is too damn high."

@Troy 

What I tried to say is in parts:

1)NYC has always been a place of mostly poverty, always, from new amsterdam to now. Media centered historically in NYC, has always used the luck of a minority in the city and turned that into some sort of road of merit or wisdom or some lie other than the pure luck it is. 

2) the issue of people showing risky things online, the internet allows the poor anywhere but especially in urban environments to try to make a few dollars taking risks with their lives. And we all know cities are always mostly filled with fiscally poor people who in desperation take risks. 

Social Media owners know this and know though most fiscal poor fail to make a successful shocking video, the one percent of fiscal poor who suceed will drive up viewers.