The Carlee Russell Story and High Psychology

I'm sure by now many of you have heard the story of our sister Carlee Russell, the Alabama woman who allegedly went missing but was later seen walking back home and is accused of making the entire story up just to get back at her boyfriend.
I don't know the full details of the story as much of it is still coming out as to how much of it is fact, how much is fiction, and what was her motivations.

However what I DID notice about this story and others similar to it is how the main stream media seemed to know that there was something bogus and didn't add up about this story from day one....but continued to promote it and talk about it.

I would read stories where they would say things like "allegedly missing" and put it in quotes as if they really didn't believe the sister was missing in the first place.
It seems as if the mainstream media had information that the story may have been false from the jump, yet they went along with it.

But what's even stranger is how they STRATEGICALLY leaked bits and pieces of the story out to make  you raise your eyebrows and doubt the authenticity of the abduction. 

So my question is, if they KNEW the story was false....and she wasn't really missing....why did they continue to promote it and give THIS story so much attention?

They (again talking about major media outlets) could have just ignored the story once they found out it was bogus and focused on other matters, but instead they kept reporting on it and leaking bits and pieces of suspicious information.

I have my own ideas, but knowing the story was likely false....why do YOU think they continued to report on it?

The story was compelling especially since it started with a white baby supposedly wandering around on the roadside. 

I never believed it from day 1. Then again,  I subscribe to believing half of what I can see and none of what I hear.🤣

There are many missing and exploited folks who we'll never hear about unless there's a story to sensationalize.

Case in point is the white girls whose stories take up bandwidth from news to TV specials, movies and books.

I doubt Carlee Russell will get that much attention. If anything, her story could have a net negative effect on missing and exploited Black folks. 😎

Well, as some of us already suspected, the young woman made up the whole story. No white baby. No abduction. 

Ms. Russell wants thoughts and prayers. Alabama is looking into criminal charges. I'd imagine it's for tax dollars wasted.😎

On 7/23/2023 at 5:44 PM, Pioneer1 said:

I have my own ideas, but knowing the story was likely false....why do YOU think they continued to report on it?

I did not hear about this story until after it was reported that it was a hoax, and then I kept seeing it more and more, just as you say.

BUT, I do think that what she did is serious enough to report though.

What she did was really crazy. I read that a huge police search was launched.

ProfD

If anything, her story could have a net negative effect on missing and exploited Black folks.

That's EXACTLY why I think they promoted it so much even when they realized early on it was fraudulent.

THOUSANDS of Black women and girls go missing in this nation every  year and stories like this just give the racists in the media and on the police departments a convenient EXCUSE to point to now for their inaction and lack of concern.

Chev

BUT, I do think that what she did is serious enough to report though.

What she did was really crazy. I read that a huge police search was launched.

Not sure what the police department were doing and why they did it but it seems that whatever hoax or scam was going on....a lot of the police and media were "in" on it too.
Even when they knew the story was false or likely to be false, they continued pursuing the story full throttle.

I personally believe it was done to tarnish the image of missing Black women so that when Black women and girls come up missing....the public will be further desensitized to them and maybe not even take there abductions seriously.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

THOUSANDS of Black women and girls go missing in this nation every  year and stories like this just give the racists in the media and on the police departments a convenient EXCUSE to point to now for their inaction and lack of concern.

For that very reason, we cannot allow them to ignore missing and exploited Black folks based on this one situation.😎

On 7/23/2023 at 5:44 PM, Pioneer1 said:

So my question is, if they KNEW the story was false....and she wasn't really missing....why did they continue to promote it and give THIS story so much attention?

That's easy, because these types of stories attract people and drive ad revenue.  

How did ya'll come to hear about this story?

1 hour ago, ProfD said:

or that very reason, we cannot allow them to ignore missing and exploited Black folks based on this one situation.

Unfortunately, we have already done it.  By relinquishing our Black-owned media platforms we are at the mercy of "mainstream" media.

• Like 1

On 7/27/2023 at 6:27 PM, Pioneer1 said:

I personally believe it was done to tarnish the image of missing Black women so that when Black women and girls come up missing....the public will be further desensitized to them and maybe not even take there abductions seriously.

I think that you are right! @Pioneer1

How many White women have been arrest and charge with filing false police reports when they call the police on Black men or women and lie about it?

I think this entire story...though not necessarily "made up".....is being USED to deter Black women from making legitimate claims of harassment and abduction out of fear of being arrested and punished if they can't fully prove their case.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pioneer1 said:

deter Black women from making legitimate claims of harassment and abduction out of fear of being arrested and punished if they can't fully prove their case.

IMO, women with a legitimate claim will be undeterred by this situation.

However, those women who make false allegations will think twice about it. 

Hopefully, this young lady's mental state will make them drop the charges.😎 

• Like 1

And she's pretty too.
Not sure what was going on......was her boyfriend cheating on her or not paying enough attention to her or something?

Maybe she was just nutty, I'm not sure.
I've been trying to dig up videos of HER talking directly but haven't found any yet.
They're all of people speaking about her or on her behalf but not her actually speaking.

1 minute ago, Pioneer1 said:

And she's pretty too.
Not sure what was going on......was her boyfriend cheating on her or not paying enough attention to her or something?

Maybe she was just nutty...

The boyfriend un-followed her on social media.

I'll go with she's pretty nutty for $200.🤣😎

• Haha 2