Another Popular Line Dance!

Another Popular Line Dance!

WOW! There seems to be an explosion for Line Dances lately! There is a new one that popped up on my channel called THE TAMIA LINE DANCE, I Can't Get Enough. The song by Tamia, is I Can't Get Enough, and this Line Dance is so popular that it is featured at many venues. I never heard of it until now, but it was made popular back in 2018! I had no idea. I still think Jerusalema is one of the best, I've ever seen, so much so, it was performed worldwide and in many different venues. I mean, it was so awesome it was performed in many places in Europe, India, and all over Africa to the point there was a dance challenge. It was performed in a Scandinavian Airport and the dancers were employees and they went all out! Remember the song, Happy by Pharrell, that song was so loved, it was performed all over the world, however, I don't believe it was a dance line choreographed, rather people performed their own renditions and interpreted what made them Happy! 

I love the couple that I saw first who performed it! Some of the viewers called the guy, Chad, 'White Chocolate' LOL. I have to admit, he was killing it--with his wife. And I posted another of my favorite renditons. But then, I saw another amazing Line Dance that has also become extremely popular called THE CURIOUS LINE DANCE. I believe it is more recentand was choreographed by a Black man out of New York, however, it is performed everywhere especially at Black social event!

The Curious Line Dance seems a little challenging, imo and not many who do it can really work it out! But I posted two of my favorites, and these brothers killed it.

And there is a third one I just absolutely love and that became so popular that it became global a few years ago from Africa. And the song became viral. Eventually someone came up with a choreography that also went viral and sparked a dance challenge that went global. This line dance is from the song KELVYN BOY and the song is so lovely. The dance lines are performed in many venues such as wedding parties. Couples love to dance with this song even older couples all over the world. And there are dance groups that have become famous all over Africa. But one of my most favorite rendition is by a Canadian girl that became so famous that she herself went viral. Her name is Kacy Rondeau and she moved to Ghana and was discovered by a media company in Nigeria. She married a Nigerian man and has lived in Africa for more than five years. She is so awesome and she kills this dance! 

TAMIA LINE DANCE

I'M CURIOUS LINE DANCE

THE MUSIC IS MUTED HALFWAY THROUGH THIS ONE! 

KELVYN BOY DANCE CHALLENGE--Kacy Rondeau!!! She is Killing it! This Video Went Viral! 

Ghana Bridesmaids Perform KELVYN BOY! So Classy! 

OFFICIAL VIDEO of a Dance Group of African Young Men Perform KELVYN BOY! They Really Show case this Dance! 

Kacy Performs to a very popular African song CALM DOWN! A Video Short. Kacy is now very famous! 

One More Kacy Rondeau Video Short Dance Challenge--She is Amazing 

Cool dances....but pull them White folks out, lol.

We don't need to teach them how to dance.
Let them watch some videos and learn on their own.

Just like the videos, in real life you see how eager and excited a lot of our people get trying to "teach" White folks our dances, how we sing, our slang, etc.
Trying their best to teach White folks how to be "cool" or "down".

For what?

I didn't understand that as a kid going to school.....why so many Black kids were so eager to grab a White kid and "show him the ropes" of out to hang out in the hood.
I told my friends not to each White boys shit.
Don't teach them how to dance.
Don't teach them how to dress.
Don't teach them what to say to girls to get dates.
Don't tech 'em  'YIT 

The only thing they're going to do is take what you taught them to turn around and make the money YOU should have made and get all the girls YOU should have gotten.

If anybody should be doing the teaching, let the White guys TEACH US how to make some money and acquire some power.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/3/2023 at 5:18 PM, Pioneer1 said:

The only thing they're going to do is take what you taught them to turn around and make the money YOU should have made and get all the girls YOU should have gotten.

🤣 I know what you say is true more than you may realize! I know this on a personal level and it hurts!!! 

I've been passed over so many times, I stopped counting!

But @Pioneer1 when it comes to dancing, I don't believe that certain aspects of it can ever be taught to the effect that African people's natural ability could ever be surpassed. I've not seen it.

But you're gonna have to cut me some slack on Kacy Rondeau, because she is talented and her rhythm natural and her love for African music and dance is something to be appreciated. Some people only want to replace us, but then there are other types of people that acknowledge African uniqueness and it is frustrating to have to deal with the kind that steal.  Now, I could understand it if she was like, the leader of an African country, but she married a Nigerian man and has a son from this union. I would not acknowledge someone who obviously is trying to be better than Black people, but I just don't get that vibe from this woman. No matter what, there are always going to be some uncle Tom's that go overboard but, that should not stop humans from acknowledging the positivity of others.

I hope to share more on this topic because, I did not realize that there was so many new LINE DANCES today. The South African song and line dance for Jerusalema is global and I've just seen a wedding video where this was featured in Eritrea! 

In fact, the last line dance I posted is a very recent one and it is insane!!! It too went global, THE MNIKE Amapiano, OMG!!! LOL! I've been binge watching. It's from South Africa too, and nobody does this one better than mostly South Africans! Calvin Perda is one that comes to mind. I think it just came out in April 2023. 

THE MNIKE AMAPIANO SONG & LINE DANCE!

I've been binge watching this one. I had no idea that the last one I posted was also a global craze. It just recently came out, I think in April 2023 and it's everywhere. And I thought the Curious Line Dance was difficult but this one is a challenge. I think the last line dance with Kacy in it has one of the most popular dancers behind her. His name is Calvin Perda and he does tutorials, that is how good he dances! There has been some controversy about the song about some of the performers not being credited fully and then some people question the lyrics, however, it do not see any alarming issues right now. At any rate, I hope to share more about this song and line dance. It is amazing. 

This is Calvin Perda in one of his many videos. He's in demand, and featured with many groups, and that's how good he dances the MNIKE. 

Calvin Perda

This is a Dance Academy, & this girl can go!!! Lisaquama

I know I'm on old man now. But, I remember when AfroAmericans folks took pride in making up their own dances.

The people who could really cut a rug i.e. dance very well were stars of the dance floor. 

I guess somebody got the idea from square-dancing to come up with line dancing. No sense of rhythm or style required. 🤣

The line dances are cool. It's the easiest way to get everyone out on the floor.

Thankfully, many AfroAmericans still know how to really dance too.

We still see real dance from folks like Usher, Chris Brown and Beyoncé to name a few.😎

I missed the days where men and women danced with each other. Young men and women don't seem to do this anymore they dance in packs or not at all...

Think line dancing is cool too.

It seems to be the only thing to get women out on the floor, but I guess ALL women can now get on the dance floor without have to wait for someone to ask them. 

Line dancing is less popular with the Brothers -- who has time to memorize all those steps when you could make up your  own moved as @ProfD wrote, or fall back on the ole 2-step.

The 50th anniversary of Hip-Hop reminded me of the "Freak," a dance style that was out in the 70's.  As a kid, I loved it, but would be horrified if I saw kids dancing that that today  🫣 

• Haha 1

On 8/13/2023 at 5:13 PM, ProfD said:

I know I'm on old man now. But, I remember when AfroAmericans folks took pride in making up their own dances.

The people who could really cut a rug i.e. dance very well were stars of the dance floor. 

Well, YOU may have known it already.
But after using a phrase like "cut a rug"......lol.....now i know you're an old man!  🤣🤣

....bout to "step out" with my lady and "shake my legs" for a minute, LMBAO!!!!

• Haha 1

I guess somebody got the idea from square-dancing to come up with line dancing. No sense of rhythm or style required. 🤣

Ha! @ProfD Never thought about it from this angle! 

When I think of the earlier forms of unique dance talent and line dancing, I thought about the Temptations.

I loved the movie and remembered that they were one of the earlier groups that made up their unique style of dance when they performed. 

We still see real dance from folks like Usher, Chris Brown and Beyoncé to name a few.😎

Really!? I had no idea! I remember my neices in how they love Usher, but I never paid much attention to any of them. 

But I hear about Beyonce all of the time and never knew she was known for dancing.

So, since you said this, I did a little research! Yes, I was surprised to see this!

Although Beyonce seems to me to be dancing in a strip joint kind of style, LOL, she can dance! 

But, I hope to share a sista from my day that I think really shows 'the moves'! 

Anyway, I am posting some moves of the three you mentioned, here. 

Yeah, I had no idea that Usher and Chris Brown could also dance!