Why Reading (a good book) Is Good for Your Health

"Books help us understand the world around us, learn about people and histories in a personal and in-depth way, and provide escape and joy when we need it most. However, reading isn’t just enjoyable as a hobby; it also provides long-term benefits for our brains. We’ve compiled a few researched reasons on why and how reading in every stage of life is good for your health."  Read the full article at Penguin Random House

Some books can do harm to the spirit man that is in you.  The same with TV shows.  People

have to be discernful what they take in.  Are evil spirits being passed in the book or TV  show?  We are a

totality of what we take in,  and what we give out in interfacing with others.  Grow a good

spirit, as we say in the church. 

19 minutes ago, zeke1234 said:

Some books can do harm to the spirit man that is in you.

I suppose there is some truth in that statement.  I'll modify the title of my post   Though I'm sure you'd me title the post, "Why Reading The Good Book Is Good for Your Health" 😉

• Troy changed the title to Why Reading (a good book) Is Good for Your Health
1 hour ago, Troy said:

I suppose there is some truth in that statement.  I'll modify the title of my post   Though I'm sure you'd me title the post, "Why Reading The Good Book Is Good for Your Health" 😉

I'll tell you like we say in the 'colored' Baptist church, you can read the 'Good Book'  24 x 7, but if one 'is' a devil, one 'is' a devil. 

One went down into the water to be baptized, a sinner, and came up put of the water a jackleg preacher pimping

large 'colored' Baptist congregations, a devil.   And sadly, Negroes love to have it so.    'Good Book'  limited help there.

But if one only 'has' a devil and evil spirits, and is not an actual devil,  like most church going people 'have', the 'Good Book' 

is where you want to park your mind and soul at least three hours a day.

Maybe 30 minutes a day to start.  We call it bread from heaven, living waters from Heaven, the Church takes

dead aim at devils, evil spirits and witchcraft as part of Jesus's healing ministries.  America is a withcraft and warlock nation,

modern day Babylon.  The antiChrist.    

We should be mindful of what we consume whether it's information or food or entertainment.

Most adults have the ability to separate fact from fiction in order to enjoy books and movies and music accordingly. 

Same goes for the folks with whom we choose to associate. Surround yourself with good people i.e. love.😎

I absolutely LOVE reading.

My mother taught me how to read at 3 years old and I've loved it ever since.

zeke1234

the Church takes

dead aim at devils, evil spirits and witchcraft as part of Jesus's healing ministries.  America is a withcraft and warlock nation,

modern day Babylon.  The antiChrist.    

I'm curious.....
What exactly do you mean by "witchcraft"?????

To Pioneer1:

Anything coming through walls, carpeted cemented floors, snakes coming out of

an oven, people putting psychical entities in your body to effect your dream life,

the gamit goes on and on (the undead) .  There was a huge uptick around 1995, which I took

to be alien beings (not from Earth) becoming 'part' of our society.   This is why I read the Bible

so much, and pray to Jesus so much.   I take dead aim at them (the paranormal stuff) daily.  

4 hours ago, zeke1234 said:

To Pioneer1:

Anything coming through walls, carpeted cemented floors, snakes coming out of

an oven, people putting psychical entities in your body to effect your dream life,

the gamit goes on and on (the undead) .  There was a huge uptick around 1995, which I took

to be alien beings (not from Earth) becoming 'part' of our society.   This is why I read the Bible

so much, and pray to Jesus so much.   I take dead aim at them (the paranormal stuff) daily.  

What if I were to tell you that a lot of the practices that are NOW being called magic and "witch craft" are actually part of ancient science and wisdom that was practiced all over the planet a long long time ago?

A lot of what they're calling sorcery and witchcraft is actually being practiced by doctors and psychiatrists in the form of pharmaceuticals.