An Introduction to African Psychology

A customer was interested in purchasing the article, "VOODOO OR IQ: AN INTRODUCTION TO AFRICAN PSYCHOLOGY" by Cedric X (Clark), D. Phillip McGee, Wade Nobles, and Luther X (Weems) which they discovered on the Karen Hunter and Greg Carr show

I found the article for free online and am sharing it here ▶.  I decided to read it myself.  It starts;

"African Psychology is the recognition and practice of a body of knowledge which is fundamentally different in origin, content, and direction than that recognized and practiced by Euro-American psychologists. The differences between African Psychology and Euro-American Psychology reflect the differences between Black people and white people or, in terms of basic culture, between Africans and Europeans."

It starts off with a reasonable thesis, by then loses me with one statement midway though. I finish it but... 

• Thanks 1

Man....sounds like something I'd definitely be interested in!

10 hours ago, Troy said:

It starts off with a reasonable thesis, by then loses me with one statement midway though. I finish it but... 

Come on man, you KNOW we're curious.....lol.....exactly WHAT as the "one statement" made that lost you?

Let me guess, lol.
Was it this quote on page 13:

"African Psychology, with full and grateful acknowledgment to the Messenger of Allah, the Honorable Elijah Muhammad - who was the first to raise and answer this question of origins"

14 hours ago, Troy said:

Bingo.

My first surprise was the amount of "X's" in the name of the Authors....Nobles tends to be  Moorish name in the US.

The information given seems consistent with Francis C Welsing who is actually quoted and Richard King(Key to Freedom)

With some Fanon's theory of "non-being"....hence the skin bleaching.

Funny, I did not take note of ask the X’s in the names of the coauthors until I finished the article. Had I taken note of that before reading the article I would not have been caught off guard.

Excerpt from the book was an interesting read. Written almost 50 years ago.

The long game being played under racism white supremacy over the past 5 decades and counting will continue to erode Black self-awareness, critical thinking and pride to name a few.😎