We are constantly the target of spam...

Bots have been dominant on the web for a very long time. We know most of the posts on Twitter is generated by bots.  Now that AI has demonstrated its power, things will just get worse,

The following is a bot generated post which originated from a foreign language.  I've seen spam before, but this is absolutely terrible.  This type of crap regularly shows up on Richard's Blog.  It does not get displayed live, but periodically I delete this stuff from the server.  

Guest Scottdiumb

Posted  · IP  · Hidden - Member is in a group which requires approval for all content.

As someone who straight tried CBD like [url=LINK DELETED]cbd melatonin sleep gummies[/url] representing the at the outset time, I requirement bruit about I'm genuinely impressed! I've been hearing about CBD in place of a while on occasion, but I was a bit skeptical less how it would feign me. I decided to try a niggardly administer of CBD fuel to reflect on if it would serve with my persistent mix with pain and nervousness, and the results were more reliable than I anticipated.

There are also spam member sign ups.  I'm sure more than 90% of new signups are spam.  I know some of the names below look legit, but there were other tells that indicated these are accounts would have been used to deposit spam on our forums.  This is a recent list.

image.png

Even Google serves spammy advertisements.  The Big red "Next" on the screen shot below is an advertisement being served by Google.  Of course, it is designed to trick the visitor into clicking the ad.  Google will penalize website for this type of thing and bury them in search, but Google is happy to take money and allow advertisers to use this trick. Google used to make it easy to hide ads you did not like... not anymore 😞

image.png

image.png