Corinne and Me: An Unlikely Friendship (New Novel)

Troy

Rick Stevens

Ascot Media Group

Post Office Box 133032

The Woodlands, TX 77393

Office: (281) 333-3507

pr@ascotmediagroup.com

www.ascotmediagroup.com

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

A Captivating Tale of an Unlikely Friendship

Del Mar, CA – February 24, 2012 – Growing up in the tumultuous racial tension of the South in the 1960s, there was a secret in Betty Ann Hoehn's home: alcoholism. But the young girl also had a secret ally: Corinne. There was little shared between the two. Hoehn grew up in luxury; Corinne grew up in poverty. Betty Ann was white. Corinne was black. But when Corinne came to work for Betty Ann’s family, the friendship was instantaneous – sparking a heartfelt relationship that bonded them against all societal norms.

In Corinne and Me: An Unlikely Friendship (AuthorHouse), author Betty Ann Hoehn reaches back to a time when racial issues determined daily activities for the majority of Americans. Her story captures the segregation that many experienced during that time and touches the heart through the story of one downtrodden, but courageous and loving woman who reached across racial lines to help a child and provide the unshakeable love and friendship that would take that child through the most difficult time in her life.

“Through my life journey, Corinne has always been there for me; teaching me important lessons in life. My story highlights our unique relationship while drawing attention to important issues in our world today,” says Hoehn. “We are all God’s children; love knows no race, sex or religion.”

For years, Hoehn watched as one by one the members of her family succumbed to "funny breath"--her family's euphemistic term for alcohol addiction in a time when addiction was not openly discussed. Little did she know that she, too, would fall victim to the disease. Her determination to overcome and lead a fulfilling and productive life is uplifting and encouraging to anyone who is facing this challenge or seeking to help a friend or family member as they face a life of recovery.

Betty Ann Hoehn was born and raised in Memphis, Tenn., and currently resides in Del Mar, CA. Born in 1954, she grew up in the 1960s, a tumultuous time—strictly enforced segregation between blacks and whites, the civil rights movement, the Vietnam War, the feminist movement. She received her B.A. from Bowdoin College in 1976 and her M.A. from the University of Memphis in 1997. She is an art historian and independent lecturer.

Corinne and Me: An Unlikely Friendship intertwines the racial and segregation issues of the 1960s with positive messages of acceptance, love and faith. Available at www.amazon.com and www.barnesandnoble.com

For more information please visit: www.corrinneandme.com

###