Obama is "a global George Zimmerman"

I was present during the event in which the photo, on the Guardian's website, of Obama and Cornel l was taken (A video is this is shown below).

Cornel has not changed as a man.  However his opinion of Obama has changed. There is a profound difference.

The author's assessment of Cornel as "...probably the most important voice to have helped shaped African-American identity in recent years..." was arrived at from a career of activity and now the author wants to undo that because his assessment of Obama differs from Cornel's?!

Cornel knows Obama MUCH better than the authors does. Cornel was on the campaign trail with Obama for 85 events. I'm certain West critique of Obama does not come easily, certainly not as easily the writer's critique of West.

Dr West is a brilliant defender of the poor and of human rights.

I saw him on Real Time with Bill Maher the other day and he constantly makes his position clear that as a Black man and as a Christian he loves and supports Obama but feels it's his duty (and indeed it is) to call him out on some of his policies.

In the tradition of most great scholars and philosophers he should have a large following of disciples dedicated to soaking up every bit of knowledge and understanding that drips from his lips.

A fraternity or "order" should be started and named after him.....seriously.

• Like 1

I agree completely with what Cornel said.  I wish more people would listen.  Perhaps because West is so critical of Obama many Black people can;t hear what West is saying.  People worship Obama.

I think an Obama presidency may have worked out worse for us.  Because as Obama continues, even escalates, many of Bush policies and the assault against Black folks continue while condemnation of executive office is non-existent.  Indeed those who might complain, like Cornel, are vilified by the majority of Black people including the Brother who wrote the article.

If Obama was white Black people would be all over him...