CHAOS OR COMMUNITY/

ON   OF  DR. KING'S BOOKS   CALLED    WHERE  DO   WE  GO  FROM HERE,CHAOS   OR COMMUNITY/WITH   THE   MURDERS   OF BLACK  MALES  BY  RACIST  WHITE  POLICE,  BLACK  AND WHITE  REPUBLICANS  CONDONE   IT,  BLACK   PREACHERS   CONDONED   ,SUPPORT  WHITE  POLICE  MURDERING BLACK   MALES,THE  FUHRER   DONALD  TRUMP   SUPPORTED   BY    WHITE    SUPREMACIST,BLACK  PEOPLE   HAVE  THE  BLACK  GENOCIDE,CRACK   HOUSES,PIMP  HOUSES,   LEADERS  YOU CANNOT TRUST,THE  CHURCHES  ARE  SLAVE   CABINS, PIMP   HOUSES,PREACHERS      MOTIVATED  BY   MONEY  ,PREACHERS  ENSLAVING  THE   SOULS  OF  BLACK  PEOPLE/DR.  MARTIN  LUTHER  KING    SHOULD  BE  DISGUSTED WITH THE  CHURCH    IF  THE  SPIRITS   OF  PEOPLE    WANDER   AMONG US/////.WHITE  RACIST DOES  NOT WANT   RACIAL HARMONY,   BLACK  PEOPLE   WILL   STOP    BLACK  STRONG  UNITY    COMMUNITIES.....///////

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

There is a saying, "When the missionaries arrived, the Africans had the land and the missionaries had the Bible. They taught us how to pray with our eyes closed. When we opened them, they had the land and we had the Bible."

The Black religious experience is much older that what we see in America today.  There are some who feel the religion as it was "given" to the enslaved African was a tool to placate them. 

Harry Brown is far from alone in his sentiment. During a King celebration I heard Rev. Mike Walrond speak, and he was very critical of ministries that were more concerned with enriching their pastors and accumulating material things, rather than serving the people. 

Also, it is no secret that there were many in the Black church that were not supporters of Dr. King, when he was most active -- even up to the point when he was killed.

So while the Brothers and Sisters in The Black Panther Party, the Nation of Islam and other groups disagreed with King on tactics, they were clear on one thing; the oppression had to stop.  

So while white racist clearly don't want Black unity, I would not suggest that the Black Church is the only institution Black American has that can bring us unity.  No one institution can.

So what if the black church is the only institution AAs have?? What does this have to do with on the current sorry state of black affairs? To claim that the church is the only institution that Black America controls is not only a sad commentary on how uninspiring the church is, but a denial about how much white-controlled politics infiltrate black churches.  And the monumental 1963 civil rights March on Washington that spawned MLK's sermon about a dream was, after all, not the brain child of a preacher, but of  Bayard Rustin, a brilliant homosexual, and A. Philip Randolph, an atheist and union organizer whose goal was to secure equal employment opportunities and an end to segregation in the military.  

I agree with Troy and Harry that black unity is an elusive entity, and that the black church has become irrelevant and is too often a sanctuary for false messiahs who worship materialism. Nobody is disputing that the black church is a cultural institution. But today its main function is to provide kleenex for weeping communities rampant with the murders and injustices that prayers have failed to prevent.  

Yes, forsaken black folks need a place of fellowship and ministries, and somewhere to channel the holy ghost and groove to a rockin' choir and celebrate the homegoings of deceased members and, between passing the collection plate, an outlet for idolizing a surrogate Jesus in the pulpit, spouting verses that justify casting stones at others. Is their Church the only institution that Blacks "control"? Maybe. Does this generate power for the masses? Not so much. 

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

The high priestess has spoken! Stand back in awe, everyone! Hold your words and keep your silence because this self-appointed oracle is the only one who can make irrelevant statements in response to what was said by others who spoke before her. Feel the earth tremble beneath your feet.  See the lightning bolt across the sky.  Wipe the grin off your face and suppress your laughter.  Know that you are in the presence of  unmitigated self-importance.  

:lol:

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ 

Your ad hominem  retorts reek with desperation and once again expose how much weight you give to your empty words. You can't get past that age thing can you? tsk-tsk. You obviously think you're an expert on things that suck. Put your tongue back in your slack mouth and move away from the mirror.   And you'd probably do well to get on meds yourself to cure your pathetic delusions about somebody being jealous of a nonentity like you.  LMAO. 

Then why are you responding, Dummy?  And what is so unusual about people engaging in discussions on the internet? And just because you are frustrated in the real world, doesn't mean I am. And where did you ever get the idea that you're somebody worthy of my respect?????   Git outta here! LMAO

Yawnnnnn. I'm going back into hibernation, There's a skunk loitering outside of my cave, creating false scenarios and ranting about a pissing match.  Hopefully it will go find a ground hog to hook with and engage in its favorite pasttime of sucking.    PHEW

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Yawnnnnnn. I thought that obnoxious critter would scurry away, but she returned, blatantly personifying the old truism about "youth being wasted on the young", - her playground mentality hoping that her false taunts would ring true. Not!   What a sorry wanna-be she is, so insecure in her need to control discussions, lest her transparency be exposed. Oh, well. Maybe Troy and Harry will humor her. Meanwhile I'll  cat nap.  

zzzzzzzzzzzzz