Huffington Post Lilly White Editorial - No Surprise There

Social media knows I have no love for the Huffington Post (mainly because they, unnecessarily exploit writers), so in their incessant mission to share things with me that reinforces the my world view (the thing I want the least), I was presented with this message on every social media platform I visited the other day.

I contribute to the echo chamber that is now the WWW, and share it here was well, because after BEA this shot also reminds me of mainstream publishing in general.  HuffPost is typical.

Most of the events I attended at BEA in Chicago last week were dominated by women.

• Like 1

The News Media .Cnn Has Kamau Bell He was Interviewing The KlAn.Those Terror Idiots Some Had Their White And Green Hoods On.Yes There Was A Cross.Kaman Bell Should Have Investigated How Many White Police,Soldiers.Politicians Are Kkk..The Neo Nazi And The Tea Party..Somethings News Media Want Talk About..

Cnn Has Kamau Bell He was Interviewing The KlAn.Those Terror Idiots Some Had Their White And Green Hoods On.

I remember  brother Kamau had a show on CNN years ago and he seemed pretty "real" to me.
However I must say.....

I have a slight problem with the loose and flippant way he seems to portray the Klan in his new show's advertisement.

As Harry pointed out, this is an organization of TERROR.
The KKK has a well documented history of torturing and slaughtering men, women, and children that goes back well over a hundred years.

For him to portray these clowns in a funny entertaining way such as singing along in the car with other passengers, or jumping rope, or shaking hands with a Black man almost seems to "clean up" their image or even make them look benign in the minds of an ignorant public.

If one didn't know their history, from looking at those commercials one would think the KKK is just some fraternity that dresses up in robes and has lodge meetings from time to time.

Troy

The above picture is the face and attitude of "corporate America".

The boardroom is overwhelmingly White and overwhelmingly female, and this is one of the main reason that Black men rarely can be found in executive positions in corporate America and if they are they're usually gay or so passive they're too scare to take a leak without asking for permission first.

Except for the shareholders themselves who just invest and stay out of the day to day administrations; one generally will not be successful inside most corporations unless one is well acquainted with Middle Class White female CULTURE.

• Like 1

Pioneer, the face of corporate America is still dominated by white men--especially in the places where real money is made (I would be willing to bet money that most of the people in that room make less than $200K a year.  This picture, like ones of mainstream publishing helps explain why Black men do read nearly has many books, as white women.  Given the people behind producing books, it is amazing Black men read any books at all...

I was unaware of Bells' coverage of the Klan. Until I read about it here. I presume the point of the interview was to make fun of the Klan, since it appears to be a comedy show (I've never seen his program). I'm not sure if the interview was staged, like a comedy skit, or a real interview with an actual leader of the Klan.

Whatever the case, I think the Kan should still be taken seriously, and I'm not sure, based upon the clip what is accomplished besides given the group a platform.  

The best line in the clip was when the Klansman told Bell his marrying a white woman is "worse that murder."  I'm sure there are some in the Black community who would agree with that sentiment :o

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sara said:

I saw Kamau on TMZ hyping his show. It was interesting what he said about the Klansman asking he was married to Becky: "I don't even LIKE black women!"

Don't tell me black SELF/mother?-hate is not alive and putrid in America.

Like who doesn't know that.  If you didn't hate yourself you wouldn't be a lesbo and if you didn't hate your mother you wouldn't be so contemptuous of snuff-dippin old women.  Not to mention that you and your evil self are a poster girl for why black men don't like black women

Just like you can't stop gettin your jollies from diggin up my old posts living vicariously through the interesting life that makes up for the dreary existence that spawned a bug-infested weed like you.  To wanna be you would be to sentence myself to a boring lonely life. 

Concerning Kamau Bell having a white wife.....

Kamau takes me as the type of brother who probably had a hard time attracting Black girls growing up.

I'm not the best at judging how attractive other men may appear to women, but his looks and his demeanor/personality probably didn't appeal to too many Black girls and it probably led to him having better "luck" with White females.

I don't really KNOW how Mr Bell grew up so I'm only guessing because I've seen it among Black men of his type so often.

And vice-versa with many Black women who probably got more attention from White males growing up than from Black boys who may have seen them as unattractive.